Crown Princess Victoria, Current Events Part 8: December 2008 - June 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here are some additional pics of Victoria's wonderful appearance
at the Nobel Laureate Tribute Dinner at The Four Seasons Hotel,
Seattle, May 7, 2010. She wore that dress last year at her friend's
wedding and once again looked great in it!

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 **

Really. She looks fab. And kudos to her for filling in for her sister on short notice.

I don't like this dress one bit... it's such a typical prom dress, or even a 'Sweet Sixteen' dress. Not sophisticated at all and all wrong for her type, IMHO.
The masculine sporty watch (with such a supposedly 'romantic' dress...), the costume jewelry and the somewhat messy hair don't help matters.

No matter of the pink dress in both (pink and blue) Victoria look wonderful.

Maybe she had to pack in a hurry. Cut her some slack.

No matter of the pink dress in both (pink and blue) Victoria look wonderful.

That evening dress is one of my fav of her dresses but I really liked this royal blue dress as well. I wish she could have these bold colours more often.
Suits her very well. Stylish and elegent. :)

LadyFinn, thanks for the information about visit Swedish Cultural Center. Here two beautiful pics of her by visiting yesterday:

» My Busy Weekend & The Crown Princess Of Sweden
Thanks for the link. It is very interesting to read the impression of CP Victoria from someone that met the CP while she is working and that appreciates the amazing young woman she is. The focus on the royal boards are too often to criticize and judge but in real life some of the royal persons are individuals that would have been a success no matter what career they would have chosen.

Last edited:
Crown princess Victoria atteded the annual meeting of the Friends of the Nordic Museum and Skansen in Nordic Museum. She handed also out some scholarships.
Kronprinsessan Victoria delade ut stipendier | Svensk Damtidning
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank

Interesting, at these photos it is said that the Crown Princess' BMW gets a parking ticket outside the museum
BelgaPicture
BelgaPicture
... but these photos show that Victoria is driven to the museum at a different car
BelgaPicture
BelgaPicture

Still some photos from Seattle:
Profimedia
Profimedia
Profimedia
Profimedia

You could tell by her clothes that the Seattle trip was last minute.

Does anyone know if Victoria's birthday celebration at Solliden will go on this year as usual?

I should think so.
I can't imagine the birthdy celebration would be any different as it's tradition.

She's so elegant in those pictures!
The navy blue outfit is gorgoeus with that matching necklace.

Sneak preview of the Bernadotte family and the CP Victoria special in part 3.
Kronprinsessan Victoria berättar om sin dyslexi - Familjen Bernadotte - tv4.se

Victoria talks about her dyslexia here. She says her and the family's handicap has made her more humble and understanding of other people.

She's such a gracious lady.
Can't wait to see this episode.

Last edited by a moderator:
Daniel Nyhlén tells at his blog about the parking ticket at Victoria´s car.
Victoria goes often to public events in a more representative car and then leaves the event in a car that blends easy to the traffic. The SÄPO police had brought the BMW to wait for Victoria, normally those cars have a little informationpawn at the windshield to inform the parking officials that they are using the car. This time they had forgot it and so Victoria´s car got a parking ticket.
…och hoppla, här lappas kronprinsessans jeep! | Daniel Nyhléns kungliga blogg - SvenskDam

Daniel Nyhlén thinks that Victoria has practiced a lot an elegant way to step out of a car with a relatively short dress, because she can to it so elegantly.

The future Queen gets parking tickets too? lol

CP Victoria is stunning! She shows to those starlets and their infamous stepping out of the car pictures what is it to be classy and elegant!
BTW I'm in love with her pink dress, beautiful on her.

Victoria tells at an interview to Sveriges Radio, that she is excited about the move to Haga Palace, she and Daniel plan to restore it to its original condition. The move gives her a feeling of coming closer to her grandparents, she had never the opportunity to meet them.
She describes the year since the engagement as "happy". The support they have received from the Swedish people has been touching and gives them strength to work forward. It has also been fantastic to show Daniel her work and to share it with him and experience everything together.
Victoria uppspelt över flytten till Haga slott | Expressen

I wouldn't really call it getting out of a car like a lady. I call it common sense. If you wouldn't get out of the car legs akimbo when you're wearing pants or shorts, you wouldn't do it wearing a skirt or dress. It's not that hard to swivel yourself so that one or both legs are outside the car and then stand up and out so that your butt is in the car and not facing out. That way your knees are together and you can stand up straight without the world seeing your business.

I would think any female over the age of 13 or 14 knows this.

I wouldn't really call it getting out of a car like a lady. I call it common sense. If you wouldn't get out of the car legs akimbo when you're wearing pants or shorts, you wouldn't do it wearing a skirt or dress. It's not that hard to swivel yourself so that one or both legs are outside the car and then stand up and out so that your butt is in the car and not facing out. That way your knees are together and you can stand up straight without the world seeing your business.

I would think any female over the age of 13 or 14 knows this.

Sister M, sometimes one has to speak for themselves. Forget teenagers, I know women who've showed their business like that:). So it's not impossible. What may be easy to you and me may not be easy to others;). Let's agree to disagree.

Fantastic interview on tonight's Familjen Bernadotte!
Familjen Bernadotte - tv4.se

I find this series really enjoying and the episode on CP Victoria didn't disappoint one bit.

I've been enjoying at as well, and I don't speak a word of Swedish. With the subtitles I can somewhat make out the general point of what is being said, so I don't feel completely in the dark.

I've been enjoying at as well, and I don't speak a word of Swedish. With the subtitles I can somewhat make out the general point of what is being said, so I don't feel completely in the dark.

To sum it up:
In this episode CP spoke about how she feels aobut becoming a queen, her closeness to Madeleine and her parents supportive roles during her childhood.
She also opened up about her anorexia, dyslexia and the work she does abroad for Sweden.

Bridal shower for Victoria.
Friends and family kidnapped Victoria yesterday. CP Victoria thought she would celebrate Carl-Philips birthday.
http://www.expressen.se/Nyheter/brol...-lyxbat-i-natt
Pics > http://www.expressen.se/1.1987525?articlePopup=true

This thread has reached 20 pages. It is time to close it and open a new one, which you can find here.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom