Crown Princess Victoria, Current Events Part 3: November 2004 - April 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
mixer2002de said:
But in the 2nd pic it looks as she wants to adopt Daniel style :eek:
Yes, this would also be an infection and disease ;)

But as long as she just wears such caps to please the ppl and organisations, she visits, I can sleep without having nightmares of family Bernadotte-Westling (2 parents, 7 children and all 9 heads decorated with trucker caps) ;)

Lena said:
It seems Madeleine has infected her elder sister. Or why this high necked pullover + the neckerchief/scarf? Besides she looks as if she would have a cold.
I noticed this in a few photos at the Nobel. It did indeed look that her face was a little bit redder than usual. Sickness it would seem. As for inhabited places, well, she can visit Antartica but I would wait until it warms up a little! :)

Last edited:
Translated article from BLT

Here is an article that I've translated from today's BLT (Bleking Läns Tidning, Bleking County Paper) about Victoria's visit to Blekinge yesterday, and especially her meeting with the paper Mediaboom - a paper run by mentally retarded/intellectually handicapped.

The Crown Princess took the whole Mediaboom with calmness

– It’s great to be in Karlskrona again, Victoria told BLT and shined with Mediaboom, which is now the only paper in the world that knows the truth about the marriage rumours.
- But that’s a secret. We won’t say anything, says Ann-Sofie Karlsson.

It’s a merry atmosphere this grey and wet December morning the hour before Mediaboom will get the best Christmas present. An interview with Crown Princess Victoria. Despite the big interest from all of Scandinavia, the Royal Court has said that the Crown Princess takes the interview so seriously that she wants no other media present.

Role model from Karlskrona
All the questions are polished and divided among the 16 people in the editorial staff. All sorts of questions are included – if the Crown Princess likes to travel, if she likes golf or fishing best, what she does during the days and how it’s like to have Säpo in your heals all the time. And of course, the question on everyone’s lips – how is it with the love to Daniel?

Can a person say “you”? For the Mediaboom’ers this doesn’t seem to be an issue.
- I think it will come naturally, says guide (at the paper) Jenny Lenemark, who has spurred her editorial staff during the autumn to send letters and a video to the Royal Court – asking for an interview.
- I think we’ve become a good role model for other journalists. We have showed that you should never give up.

For Mercy Wilhelmsson, Anna Ulvhuvud and the other royal fans – the Crown Princess’s positive notice (about granting the interview) as a chock of happiness.
- She is my biggest idol, says Mercy.

- I’m gonna say “hello aunt”, jokes Jeremy Andersson, and the jittery feelings that makes his heart beat faster stops for a moment. In honour of the say, he is dressed in shirt and his good trousers.
- I thought about wearing a suit, he says and wonders how the Crown Princess will be dressed.
- Of course she will be nicely dressed, say Laila De Bie.

And of course our Crown Princess is tidily dressed in blue trousers and jacket when she and Elisabeth Tarras-Wahlberg steps out of the County Governor’s car outside the residence.

Victoria the most nervous?
Victoria, who has officially come to Karlskrona to name a ship, has chosen to make it a whole day in Blekinge – foremost to meet Mediaboom, but also to speak about environmental care with a group of students from Blekinge Institute of Technology.
- I get many requests from papers about interviews. This time it was Mediaboom’s turn, says the Crown Princess in her natural way. And she jokes back on BLT’s question if she’s nervous for the coming questions:
- No, but you seem to be.
- It’s gonna be very nice to meet Mediaboom.
An opinion that is of course answered by the gang of journalists who waits in the Pillar Room. When a charming Victoria walks around and takes all the Mediaboom’ers in hand, there is one person who cannot control herself. Jenny Persson’s hug has such natural and genuine warmth that not even the Säpo guard can’t resist smiling.

And when the other journalists are driven out of the room, we hear the laughter’s on the other side of the door.
- It’s nice that she comes now when it’s so Christmassy nice, says the Lady of the Household at the County Governor’s residence, Karin Abrahamsson, who is preparing a light lunch for Victoria – a saffron and shellfish filled salmon with shrimp salad and walnut bread – so that she has energy for the whole day until the dinner at the Naval Museum.

Sleeps in Göran’s room
Everyone who works around the County Governor thinks it’s great to have the Crown Princess on a visit.
- She’s a great person, says County Governor Ingegerd Wärnersson.
- But of course it’s a bit nervous, if one would break the time schedule, says the County Administration’s Information Director, Christer Johansson, who can also say that the Crown Princess stays for the night at the residence. Not in a royal suite though, as one could assume.
- No, it will be the same room that Göran Persson (the Prime Minister) uses when he’s here.

Despite the scheduled half hour has gone and the group of students from Blekinge Institute of Technology has already arrived, the room to the Pillar Room remains closed. Another five minutes passes before a happy Mediaboom editorial staff rushes out and says in a chorus:
- It was wonderful!
- It was the coolest thing I’ve ever experiences. She thinks we’re great and do a good job who writes the truth instead of making stuff up like the gossip magazines do, says Jeremy Andersson.

But any yummy details to his colleagues in the press are not to talk about. We can read it all in Mediaboom, which comes out in a few weeks.

Sing-song/sing-along loving Princess
The only thing that is revealed is that Victoria would choose Mediaboom if it was a party and she would vote, that she loves sing-song/sing-along but hasn’t attended it at Skansen, that she keeps studying for a while more and is convinced that someone else in the Royal Family would like to meet Mediaboom in the future.

Gert-Åke Johansson’s question if the Crown Princess would like to come to his birthday party was the only thing she couldn’t answer.
- It must’ve been a hard question, says Laila De Bie.
- Her father has his birthday on the same day…

Attachments

• 00000145920.jpg
    00000145920.jpg
    146.6 KB · Views: 376
Yesterday afternoon Crown Princess Victoria named the third of final five corvettes in the Visby series, HMS Härnösand, at a ceremony at Kockums in Karlskrona.The Marine’s Music Corps played, there was a Flag Guard and a honorary troop together with 175 guests from ten countries and some of Kockum’s employees.

The Crown Princess named the corvette HMS Härnösand with the words: “With the King’s approval, your name shall be Härnösand. May fortune and prosperity follow You on the seas, and may you be a strong link in our defence”.

The boats in the Visby series are built in carbon fibres, and are so called “multi purpose” ships – meaning vessels that can handle many tasks (anti-surface warfare, anti-submarine warfare, mine countermeasures, patrol and much more). The Visby corvettes are the first vessel in the world to have fully developed stealth technology, combined with high operational versatility. They are very hard to discover on radar, infrared technique (heat) or hydro acoustics (sound).

Read more about the Visby Corvette series here

Attachments

• Dop1.jpg
    Dop1.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 372
  • Dop2.jpg
    Dop2.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 318
Lena said:
Yes, this would also be an infection and disease ;)

But as long as she just wears such caps to please the ppl and organisations, she visits, I can sleep without having nightmares of family Bernadotte-Westling (2 parents, 7 children and all 9 heads decorated with trucker caps) ;)
7 Kids for Vicky. So you think she wants a lot of kids? why not 11 this would be a good soccer team ;). You could call them FC Bernadotte

Yesterday when the Crown Princess named the corvette HMS Härnösand in Karlskrona, she received this necklace as a christening present from the company Kockums (they make the corvettes). The necklace has three different sorts of gold, two sorts of diamonds and is designed and made by hand by goldsmiths Claes and Peter Liljeroth in Malmö. The goldsmiths got free hands with the design and making – and have tried to put symbols into it. The front of a boat is the shape, the edges have diamonds who is to symbolise the waves moves in the ocean, the lock is a life buoy and there is a black princess cut diamond in it.

Attachments

• guldsmed325.jpg
    guldsmed325.jpg
    11.8 KB · Views: 373
  • smycke325.jpg
    smycke325.jpg
    11.2 KB · Views: 376
Last edited:
Do you think she will keep it? Or do you think, she will offer it for an auction for charity?
I really hope for the second option. Fröken Bernadotte (caution: social jealousy ;) ) has enough jewellery in her casket. And Pappa kungen gets enough Apanage to coddle his "little" princesses. So why not giving it (the counter-value) to ppl in need/poverty?

"corvette HMS Härnösand"

Just to clarify becuase I´m sure there are people out there who, like me, may feel confused and may be too embarassed to ask. But a corvette apparently has a military usage and refers to some type of warship. So now you know. However, you can understand my slight confusion because when one hears the words "Bernadotte" and "Corvette" close to each other, other things come to mind...:)

Pics from yesterday from eastnews:

Attachments

• medb4.jpg
    medb4.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 381
  • medb5.jpg
    medb5.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 398
  • medb3.jpg
    medb3.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 416
  • medb2.jpg
    medb2.jpg
    12.7 KB · Views: 409
  • medb1.jpg
    medb1.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 318
Dennism said:
"corvette HMS Härnösand"

Just to clarify becuase I´m sure there are people out there who, like me, may feel confused and may be too embarassed to ask. But a corvette apparently has a military usage and refers to some type of warship. So now you know. However, you can understand my slight confusion because when one hears the words "Bernadotte" and "Corvette" close to each other, other things come to mind...:)
Yes, it's an advanced warship - not the car :).
GrandDuchess said:
The boats in the Visby series are built in carbon fibres, and are so called “multi purpose” ships – meaning vessels that can handle many tasks (anti-surface warfare, anti-submarine warfare, mine countermeasures, patrol and much more). The Visby corvettes are the first vessel in the world to have fully developed stealth technology, combined with high operational versatility. They are very hard to discover on radar, infrared technique (heat) or hydro acoustics (sound). Read more about the Visby corvette series here

Lena said:
Do you think she will keep it? Or do you think, she will offer it for an auction for charity? I really hope for the second option. Fröken Bernadotte (caution: social jealousy ;) ) has enough jewellery in her casket. And Pappa kungen gets enough Apanage to coddle his "little" princesses. So why not giving it (the counter-value) to ppl in need/poverty?
I think it was a lovely christening gift - the best thing they could ever have come up with! Of course it costs a bit of money, but I think she and the purpose it worth it. Giving a christening gift to the one who names/christens is a custom here, so they had to come up with something. Queen Silvia last got a christening gift when she named the ship 'Götheborg III' this past spring.

In Sweden, royals don't give things to charity for auction - at least they haven't traditionally, and I don't think we'll see that yet for a while...

Dennism said:
"corvette HMS Härnösand"

Just to clarify becuase I´m sure there are people out there who, like me, may feel confused and may be too embarassed to ask. But a corvette apparently has a military usage and refers to some type of warship.
A "corvette" is a warship that is smaller than a "frigate", which in turn is smaller than a "destroyer". Then comes a "cruiser" and the sizes tops out at "battleships" and "carriers".

Due to the many demands for steel in World War 2, many of the protection ships for the convoys over the Atlantic were corvettes, surprisingly.

hears the words "Bernadotte" and "Corvette" close to each other, other things come to mind.
... which, would be ?

Victoria: Did she reveal a wedding-secret?
transpx.gif
transpx.gif
transpx.gif

Medi@boom (Mediaboom), a swedish magazine produced by disabled people - both youths and adults, was granted a 30 min. interview with the swedish Crown Princess Victoria. The interview was recorded during a visit to Karlskrona on december 16th, 2004 and the Crown Princess mingled with reporters and readers of the magazine afterwards. The interview will be published in the january-issue of 'Medi@Boom'.

http://www.colourpress.com/index.cfm?Goto=frontend/fotos/ShowSerie.cfm&nPictureSerieNo=3743

December 20, 2004: Princess Victoria at the Royal Swedish Academy's annual meeting at the Old Stock Exchange in Stockholm

Attachments

• 2178520.jpg
    2178520.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 708
Like that color on her. She looks lovely as usual.

Many thanks for the nice picture. Did you see a picture from the queen and the king by the Gala meeting at the Royal Swedish Academy?

pdas1201 said:
December 20, 2004: Princess Victoria at the Royal Swedish Academy's annual meeting at the Old Stock Exchange in Stockholm

Just a little article about the Australia trip. No new information, I think.

Expressen

Prinsessan håller formen – åt Sverige
Kronprinsessan Victoria reser i mars så långt bort från Sverige hon kan – till Austra- lien rakt under oss.

Victoria ska fungera som dragplåster i en svensk företagskampanj i Australien i mars.
Under hela mars ska svensk design, musik, mat, mode och svenska miljölösningar presenteras i Melbourne och Sidney.
Det är första gången en sådan satsning görs i Australien.

Glad ambassadör
Hovet vill inte bekräfta att denna resa till Australien kommer att göras, utan säger bara att ”besöket är under övervägande”.
Men Sveriges ambassadör i Australien, Karin Ehnbom-Palmqvist, berättar glatt i tidningen ”The Australian” att besöket är beslutat och tillägger:
– Sverige ä l s k a r Australien!
Den 10 mars besöker Victoria Melbourne, den 16 mars Sidney.

Resan: 240 meter!
I går kväll gjorde Victoria tillsammans med mor Silvia och far kungen en betydligt kortare resa.
De kördes i bil från Slottet 240 meter bort till Svenska Akademiens högkvarter och akademiens årliga högtidssammanträde.
Akademiens direktör, författaren Per Wästberg, inledde med en snyting mot kungen.
Wästberg berättade att akademiens grundare kung Gustav III personligen deltog i dess interna sammanträden och att varje kung sedan dess har haft och fortfarande har rätt till det.
– Men vår nuvarande kung har inte utnyttjat denna rätt direkt ofta, sa Wästberg med ett övertydligt understatement.
Kungen rörde inte en min.
Victoria och Silvia log svagt.

Victoria in a book about Christmas Cooking

I'm not sure if this has been posted but last night I was at Barnes & Noble and I was looking at a Life book called "Christmas Around the World" and it has pictures of different countries and their traditions. I was reading about Sweden and I looked at the picture and I was like "I know who that is" and I read the caption and sure enough it was Princess Victoria... so all you CP V fans need to run to B&N and purchas the book!!!

Hmm. Sounds interesting. I guess I´ll have to make it to this Barnes & Noble place. It´s a bookstore, right? Well, I haven´t been to one in ages, so it will be quite enjoyable if I can find this book. Thanks for the tip.

kittencrews said:
I'm not sure if this has been posted but last night I was at Barnes & Noble and I was looking at a Life book called "Christmas Around the World" and it has pictures of different countries and their traditions. I was reading about Sweden and I looked at the picture and I was like "I know who that is" and I read the caption and sure enough it was Princess Victoria... so all you CP V fans need to run to B&N and purchas the book!!!
For those people who will go out and look for this book, do yourself a favor and ask ahead of time. There is another book with the same title and similar layout but it is all drawings. It will save you a trip.

I saw it and I actually liked it! I never liked Skurts interviews with Silvia but this was much better!
It was nice to hear Victoria talk in a more "childish" way, it was much more like one saw her irl when she talked to someone than the usual stiff interviews :)

Article from Aftonbladet today

Summary of the article below:
This article reports that Crown Princess Victoria has been on vacation in Africa, from which she returns today – in order to attend the ceremony held at Arlanda Airport as the first coffins with Swedes arrive at approximately 11 PM tonight.

According to the article, her trip was planned since some time, and it went to Kenya. She was according to the article there with friends, and it also says that the Royal Court couldn’t reach her on Boxing Day when they tried to contact her (*perhaps they could’ve tried the other 7 days?).

Ann-Christine Jernberg says that she thinks that the Crown Princess is devastated like all other Swedes (so that’s why she came back immediately to participate in the national mourning?), at noon today she was on a plane. Ann-Christine says that in this current situation she feels it’s impossible to stay in Africa (*it took a while to come to that conclusion).

Ann-Christine doesn’t know if Daniel Westling was with her on the trip, but says the purpose with it was to get away and relax with her friends.

*Sorry if my little coments sound bitter or angry - but I've never been disappointed at Victoria before (except than for some choice of clothes, but one can't compare this to that) - now I am. A first time for everything. I hope this year will be full of hard work for her, then maybe I'll be able to push this mistake of hers into a scrumpy corner of my mind...

The article from Aftonbladet today:

Kronprinsessan på väg hem från Afrika
Tar emot de första omkomna svenskarna i kväll

Kronprinsessan Victoria avbryter sin semesterresa i Afrika för att delta i ceremonin när de första omkomna svenskarna kommer hem. Hela kungafamiljen finns bland dem som i kväll väntar på Arlanda. Stoftet efter de sex första svenska dödsoffren väntas anlända vid 23-tiden.

Precis som många andra svenskar bestämde sig kronprinsessan Victoria tillsammans med en grupp vänner för att resa bort över jul- och nyårshelgen. Resan som var planerad sedan länge gick till Kenya i Afrika. När nyheten om katastrofen i Asien nådde det svenska folket på annandagen gick det inte att få kontakt med kronprinsessan.
– Flera samtal gjordes, men det var problem med kommunikationerna, säger Ann-Christine Jernberg.

Tog det hårt
När resten av kungafamiljen var på plats när Kungen höll sitt tal till offren på insamlingsgalan fanns därför inte Victoria med. Enligt Jernberg tog kronprinsessan nyheten hårt.
– Hon är säkert precis som alla andra helt förkrossad över det som har hänt, säger hon.

Kronprinsessan har nu tvingats att avbryta sin semesterresa och vid lunchtid på tisdagen satt hon på ett plan hem.
- Läget ser ut så att hon finner det omöjligt att stanna kvar, säger Jernberg.

När hon kommer hem ska hon tillsammans med resten av kungafamiljen delta i den ceremoni som hålls på Arlanda när det första planet med omkomna svenskar kommer hem.

Ville koppla av
I nuläget är det inte känt om någon av kronprinsessans vänner fanns bland dem som drabbades av katastrofen.
– Men det blir antagligen som för många andra, hon kommer säkert känna någon, säger Jernberg.

Kronprinsessans syfte med semesterresan var, enligt Jernberg, att få slappna av och komma bort ett tag tillsammans med sina vänner. Om pojkvännen Daniel Westling finns bland dem har Jernberg ingen information om.
– Tyvärr vet jag inte det, men jag skulle bra gärna vilja veta, säger hon.

Last edited:
http://www.aftonbladet.se/vss/nyheter/story/0,2789,584441,00.html

Victoria grät vid kistorna
De kunde inte hålla tillbaka tårarna.
Både kronprinsessan Victoria och prinsessan Madeleine grät öppet när de anhöriga tog farväl av sina nära.
Strax före halv fyra i morse inleddes ceremonin för de sex döda på Arlanda. Helt privat, utan mikrofoner, enligt de anhörigas önskan. Med armarna om varandra stod de och lyssnade till ärkebiskop KG Hammars avskedsord. Då hade Göran Persson och riksdagens talman redan talat till de anhöriga.
När det var dags för ett enskilt farväl gick de anhöriga fram och lade rosor på kistorna. Då kunde varken kronprinsessan Victoria eller prinsessan Madeleine hålla tårarna tillbaka.
De grät öppet och torkade tårar. Även kungaparet var märkbart rörda.
Victoria kom till Arlanda sent igår kväll. Hon hade då avbrutit sin semester i Kenya. Hon hann bara åkta till Stockholm och byta kläder innan hon återvände till Arlanda.

From what I can read:
Crowprincess Victoria and Princess Madeleine were present at the arrival of the coffins of the first 6 deceased swedish to return from Thailand. Also present was prime minister Göran Persson.

Pics from Jan 17, 2005, Princess Victoria attending the Sports Gala where she gave the prize for best handicapped athelete to Jonas Jacobsson.

Attachments

• ISOPRESS_00016595-001.jpg
    ISOPRESS_00016595-001.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 220
  • ISOPRESS_00016595-002.jpg
    ISOPRESS_00016595-002.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 220
  • ISOPRESS_00016595-003.jpg
    ISOPRESS_00016595-003.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 208
  • ISOPRESS_00016595-004.jpg
    ISOPRESS_00016595-004.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 207
  • ISOPRESS_00016595-005.jpg
    ISOPRESS_00016595-005.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 228
  • ISOPRESS_00016595-006.jpg
    ISOPRESS_00016595-006.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 172
How do u get access to Isopix? I have tried heaps of times but I can never find the pics. Can someone please help?

Hallo Lena, do you see pictures from this event with queen Silvia by isopix?
I can't look in by isopix.

pdas1201 said:
Pics from Jan 17, 2005, Princess Victoria attending the Sports Gala where she gave the prize for best handicapped athelete to Jonas Jacobsson.

Many thanks for the pics. Who is the man with the glasses (Jonas Jacobsson is the man in the last pic, do you posted)

pdas1201 said:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom