Crown Princess Victoria, Current Events Part 2: November 2003 - November 2004

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi usally post pictures of royal events at our sister site the fashion spot
i like to see what they think about royal fashion without knowing to much about royals

they love every thing princess Carolines wears and her daouther Charlotte can never go wrong in her fashion but they do not like Victorias or madeleines fashion at all

here is the link,... could give you some fun reading

Royal Fashion

Originally posted by Josefine@Dec 6th, 2003 - 1:50 pm

they love every thing princess Carolines wears and her daouther Charlotte can never go wrong in her fashion but they do not like Victorias or madeleines fashion at all

Royal Fashion
Now, after you have posted the link I bet Dennism will go there and will beat them virtually up ;)
I don´t know which pictures were posted of Charlotte, but I´ve to say, that I´ve already seen the one or another fashion faux pas of the "incredible Ms. Casiraghi".
Thanks for the link Josefine, seems to be interesting.

Nice site, Josefine. However, I will avoid that site. I should defend Victoria and Madde and I may change my mind. But for now, I will not say anything. I'll just let the anger build up inside :angry:

it will be great fun to see what they think about the nobel dresses, and wonder what we think

have victoria ever worn the nobel dresses again after the nobel dinners...?

Originally posted by Josefine@Dec 6th, 2003 - 2:53 pm
it will be great fun to see what they think about the nobel dresses, and wonder what we think

have victoria ever worn the nobel dresses again after the nobel dinners...?
Yes, she did. But just the terrible candy-look-alike pink one from 2000. The two red ones from 1995 and 2001 and the purple one from 1997 disappeared (forever?) in her closet.
I bet she would have worn them more often... but the one from 2001 looked really christmassy (similar to that of Madeleine in 2002), so that you can wear it only in the christmas time...in 1995 she had less official duties, and after her time out in the USA it was too oldfashioned and the one of 1997 might be too tight.

candy-look-alike pink one from 2000 was that the one she wore at the german state visit and for VA royal edition?

Have to agree about 1997's and thank god for that.

colourpress.com

Stockholm, Sweden - The Karolinska Institutes Award for neurological research in disabled children at The Astrid Lindgren Childrens Hospital

So finally a new suit/dress/blouse+skirt (yes, what is it?)...

Attachments

• vic1.jpeg
    vic1.jpeg
    29.2 KB · Views: 411
  • vic3.jpeg
    vic3.jpeg
    28.3 KB · Views: 416
  • vic7.jpeg
    vic7.jpeg
    29.3 KB · Views: 436
Last edited by a moderator:
IMO Victoria looks really ill at the moment. Stay at home in your bed, and cure it, girl!

Very nice dress Victoria has on here. She does not wear prints too often, mostly solid colours, or if shirts in geometric colour blocks.

Can anyone read the time on the double-watch ( probably Stockholm-time and Dennis-Philadelphia-time ;) ) ? I wonder, if this is the watch of her mother. Queen Silvia had such a watch with Stockholm-time and NYC-time in 1998, so that she wouldn´t have woken up her (tense-mistake??) "little" girl across the "pond" ;)

The bottom? says 3:00 or 15:00 PM.

Originally posted by Lena@Dec 16th, 2003 - 7:33 pm
Can anyone read the time on the double-watch ( probably Stockholm-time and Dennis-Philadelphia-time ;) ) ? I wonder, if this is the watch of her mother. Queen Silvia had such a watch with Stockholm-time and NYC-time in 1998, so that she wouldn´t have woken up her (tense-mistake??) "little" girl across the "pond" ;)
The watch with the black hands looks like it says 3:00 p.m. -- and I can't quite make out the one with the gold hands.

The gold part says 3 as well. I saved it and then rotated the photo and then zoomed in on it.

Interesting dress... I´m not sure I like it :p
It looks like a "cleaning dress" imo

Deeeeeeennnnnniiiissss, Aftonbladet asks it´s readers for "the woman of the year", and there´s just Madeleine in the list, but not Victoria! Let´s attack the editorial office!!!
Aftonbladet
btw,you have to scroll down a little bit.

Yes, I would have to agree. I'm checking out the list. Some of the names I don't recognize. Ylva appears to be with the government. Nalin deals with immigration issues. There's Robyn. A singer who once was a favorite of my favorite. Couldn't figure out Christina totally. I got that she's now on her board of her father's company.(Pappas, I had to look it up. Trust the instinct). And that her stock is on the rise and that she is goal-oriented and cocky. Well, I know Annika. I've met her. Apparently, Carola has saved the new generation with her singing. Odd. Asne is a war correspondent. Krig. Another non-Swedish word origin. Maud did something. I'm going through the words. A lot of little words that don't tell me anything. Then I see skitsnack. Not a good word. O, well. I give up with her something about Goran. He forgot something. Apparently, she is also cocky. Got it. EMU. European monetary union. Stop him. Odd that it's the same abbreviation. Anitra Steen. I know her. So does Goran. Margareta works with medical policy and working on föräldraledighet. There's a word. And Gudrun is in the parliament. Who did I forget? Madde.

"Medan Victoria tyngs av plikter och blir vintrigt gråblek som vi andra kommer Madde hem från solandet och partajandet på Franska Rivieran,'

Apparently, this makes her more admirable. Victoria is being weigh down by duty and I didn't get the second part. So Madde goes partying in the French Riviera.
I love the headline. Family's youngest takes care of herself for the most part. I love how the word "minsting" is translated. I would have to wholeheartedly disagree.

Victoria Svensson would have to get my vote. Hate to do it in protest. She's sweet and great to watch on the field. So is Ljungberg and the rest of the great team. Great memories. Yeah, that reminds me. What about Anja Pärson? She did great this past year. I know. It's not just about sport. I suppose they couldn't put in Anna Lindh because that would be largely a sympathy vote. Not that people didn't love her when she was alive. It would be an unfair poll. Good grief. Must learn to scroll down entire pages before responding.

This is such a populist paper. I mean the readers must gobble up the stuff on Madde too. Like it was said before, the editors and the readership largely agree on Madde. But take a look at the poll. It's clearly a race between the athletes, Madde and the TV journalist. Interesting.

The list isnt really based on who has done "most" during the year. Its just a question of popularity and then Madde wins :p
Its nothing serious really... its just a list "for fun"

Carolina Klüft appears to be the winner. Dare I say, she is running away with the lead in first?

thats a great choice! Carolina Kluft is a inspiration... I love her attityde!

Originally posted by Dennism@Dec 20th, 2003 - 8:15 am
Carolina Klüft appears to be the winner. Dare I say, she is running away with the lead in first?
Who is Carolina Kluft? I don't follow track. But she seems to be popular.

She is a heptathlete. In 2002, she won the World Junior championship as well as winning a gold at the European Championships. She won another gold at the 2003 World Championships this past summer. She is the 3rd woman to reach 7,000 points in her career. She is 20 years old.

IBL - Företräde för 25 internationella studenter från SIYSS (Stocholm International Youth Sience Seminar) Stockholm Slott 2003-12-09 Kronprinsessan Victoria and Carl Phillip

Attachments

• vic_1.jpg
    vic_1.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 210
  • both_1.jpg
    both_1.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 221
  • vic_1.jpg
    vic_1.jpg
    15.1 KB · Views: 226
  • vic.jpg
    vic.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 213
  • vic.jpg
    vic.jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 207
  • vic.jpg
    vic.jpg
    15.3 KB · Views: 226
From expressen.se

Nästa vecka blir rena öknen för Victoria

Biträdande finansminister Gunnar Lund får celebert sällskap på sin tripp till Saudiarabien den 16 januari - nämligen kronprinsessan Victoria.

En stor näringslivsdelegation åker först till huvudstaden Riyadh för att samtala med kronprins Abdullah och företrädare för den saudiska regeringen.
Därefter blir det Jedda och Jeddah economic forum, där Gunnar Lund håller ett tal om den svenska välfärdsmodellen. Även Bill Clinton och jordanska drottning Rania kommer att ta sig en tur förbi podiet.
- Det blir även lite grann ett svarsbesök, efter att kronprins Abdullah var i Stockholm för två år sedan, säger hovets informationschef Elisabeth Tarras-Wahlberg.
Huruvida det blir huvudduk eller inte för kronprinsessan står dock skrivet i stjärnorna.
- Hon kommer att anpassa sin klädsel efter deras normer, det är klart att man i muslimska länder har kläder som täcker mer av kroppen, kommenterar Tarras-Wahlberg.

Victoria will meet crown prince Abdullah, when she´s going to Saudi Arabia next week...and she will adjust her clothes/dresses to the islamic conventions.

Here's an idiotic article from today's Aftonbladet. I see no point in them publishing it. But I guess it's for public consumption. I'll post it here so that you all can complain about it as well:

Victoria och terrorister lockas av sagobröllop
Polisens mardröm när spanske kronprinsen gifter sig i maj
MALAGA.
För Spaniens kronprins Felipe är det livets lyckligaste ögonblick. För den spanska polisen är det rena mardrömmen.
Sveriges kronprinsessa Victoria är en av världens alla kungligheter som bjuds till kronprins Felipes bröllop med tv-journalisten Letizia Ortiz. Mellan 1 200 och 1 400 gäster kommer till bröllopet den 22 maj i Almudenakatedralen i Madrid. För terrorister är evenemanhet ett lockande mål.
Hoten består främst av terrorgruppen ETA som vill frigöra Baskien från Spanien och av al-Qaida som vill straffa Spanien för att landet stödde kriget i Irak.

The Queen Christina Award in Madrid, 2003

Crown Princess Victoria of Spain and the Prince Felipe of Spain preside over the "Queen Cristina Trade Awards" at the Swedish Ambassy 15-11-2003.

Attachments

• IML_9529007.jpg
    IML_9529007.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 251
  • IML_9529003.jpg
    IML_9529003.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 255
  • IML_9529002.jpg
    IML_9529002.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 215
Some of the things in English of what was said before:

" Minister for International Economic Affairs and Financial Markets Gunnar Lund is to head a large delegation representing the Swedish business community which is visiting Saudi Arabia on 17-19 January. The delegation will also include Crown Princess Victoria.

The delegation is to participate in the fifth Jeddah Economic Forum on 19 January, at which Gunnar Lund will speak on the Swedish welfare model. Other speakers will include former US President Bill Clinton, the Prime Minister of Turkey and Queen Rania of Jordan. In all, some 15 Swedish companies and business organisations have signed up for the trip.

Talks with Crown Prince Abdullah and representatives of the Saudi Government have been provisionally scheduled for 17-18 January in Riyadh.

“Saudi Arabia is Sweden’s largest trading partner in the Middle East, with Swedish exports worth close to SEK 6 billion”, says Gunnar Lund. “Many Swedish companies have long been active in the country and this visit is intended to promote their and other activities. I see very good chances of further trade expansion and of extending trade to new areas such as IT and environmental protection.

“This trip also serves to confirm the good relations between our two countries, as demonstrated most recently by the visit of Crown Prince Abdullah to Stockholm in May 2001. The Crown Prince is one of the people behind our visit”, says Gunnar Lund.

Swedish imports from Saudi Arabia consist mainly of crude oil, to a value fluctuating between SEK 2 billion and SEK 300 million per year."

Victoria, Queen Silvia, the mellifluous Kofi Annan and his wife Nana:

Victoria and Rwandan president Paul Kagame.

www.gettyimages.com

Attachments

• 2902508.jpg
    2902508.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 172
  • 2902611.jpg
    2902611.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 232
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back