Queen Noor News Thread II

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lyonnaise

Serene Highness
Last edited:
does anyone know about the relationship between queen noor and princess noor (ph's wife)?
is it really so good like QN told?
or was it just another illusion?

From everything I've read, it is good. Noor is not a meddling mother in law, that's for sure. And when she spoke of her on TV the other night, there was genuine warmth in her tone so I feel she was being sincere. You can say you like your daughter in law and end there but the fact she took the time to say she considers her her own fifth child and third daughter took it that one step further. It did, however, raise a question in my head about Abir, Ali, and Haya. I thought they had been adopted by Noor and she certainly has a good relationship with Abir; I don't know about Haya and Ali. But she didn't count them as her own. A little odd.

Queen Noor looked very sincere when she spoke of Princess Noor as her third daughter. When Larry King asked her about PN, Noor said without hesitation "I love her"
Im sure she also appreciates the fact that Prince Hamzah has someone to be with, especially at tougher times like this.

closesttoheaven said:
does anyone know about the relationship between queen noor and princess noor (ph's wife)?
is it really so good like QN told?
or was it just another illusion?

QN arranged their marriage. Believe it or not but this is an arranged marriage and not true love. I am afraid that Hamzah will divorce Princess Noor like his father did and will marry someone else ,perhaps a blond American girl.

Last edited:
Guido said:
QN arranged their marriage. Believe it or not but this is an arranged marriage and not true love. I am afraid that Hamzah will divorce Princess Noor like his father did and will marry someone else ,perhaps a blond American girl.

Could you please provide evidence of this? Otherwise it is hearsay and gossip and against our Forum Posting Rules and Guidelines:
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4920

In the last few years, I have sense that Queen Noor is becoming the next Farah Palhavi. My meaning is Farah is a former Queen (of sorts of Iran), after the topple of her husband's regime and then is subsquent death shortly after, it seems as if she is in search of a home. After her husband's death Farah become a queen without a husband and homeland in which to turn. Noor is in a similar but not identical circumstance. I often feel sorry for her, but I wish she would have planned for an inevitable like this. Given her deceased husband's track recond in the marriage department I would have been plotting and planning for my return home, in her case back to the states, as she is now, long ago. The first sign od problem on the horizon I would have put my plans in motion.

Guido said:

Regardless of whether it is an arranged marriage or not I truly believe P Hamzah and P Noor love each other, they had three years before marriage to develop feelings for one another if not a relationship. You have to understand that there are many places in the world that still operate on arranged marriages and none of those marriages end in divorce just because they were arranged. I don't think at all that P Hamzah and P Noor will split, they seem to be genuinely in love with each other now that they are husband and wife, plus you have to realize that he's married someone from within his own family and there are certain unspoken rules when you do that, one of those rules is that you do not leave each other (in the case of Q Dina and KH it was different because Q Dina was a "distant" cousin) P Hamzah and P Noor are not so distant, apart from that I really fail to understand how you can base P Hamzah's behavior and situation on his father's actions and situations--I don't want to get into it as far as KH and his mariages go, but I believe he had his reasons for splitting with the two wives he split from. In Q Dina's case there was just too much of a difference in intellect and the way their minds worked (i.e. it wasn't a meeting of the minds) and in P Muna's case I think it was a mutual decision, we really can't say, but KH certainly didn't get divorced twice just for sport, just for the fun of it, it wasn't like that...it's never fun to go through a divorce and I'm sure if it could have been avoided he would have avoided it. Anyway this is a Q Noor thread so let's just leave it at that.

-Eliza

Guido said:

I'm sorry to hear this, if it was arranged, not really by QN, who has no say in Hamzah's life anymore, and she was an almost unwelcome guest at his wed ceremony.

maryshawn said:
From everything I've read, it is good. Noor is not a meddling mother in law, that's for sure. And when she spoke of her on TV the other night, there was genuine warmth in her tone so I feel she was being sincere. You can say you like your daughter in law and end there but the fact she took the time to say she considers her her own fifth child and third daughter took it that one step further. It did, however, raise a question in my head about Abir, Ali, and Haya. I thought they had been adopted by Noor and she certainly has a good relationship with Abir; I don't know about Haya and Ali. But she didn't count them as her own. A little odd.

well, Mary, given that Ali and Hayah can't stand her, and Hayah calls her- my father's widow- I'd be surprised if she had said- Ali and Hayah are my children, too- she wasn't even invited at their weds, though she was the 1 who helped to raise both of them, come on, QN has got her own pride, too !:) ;) :) ;) :) ;)

Guido said:

this coming from a person who calls Queen Noor ugly. I think your bias on the subject is obvious. Not all of us are that naive. Personal opinions and speculations aren't fact.

Last edited:
I will write about some thing it maybe wrong or right
maybe when QN tried to arrange or let say encourage her son to marry PN she did a wrong move because maybe the king fright that she try to collecting supporting within the family against him !

houri said:
I will write about some thing it maybe wrong or right
maybe when QN tried to arrange or let say encourage her son to marry PN she did a wrong move because maybe the king fright that she try to collecting supporting within the family against him !

why most of this Forum members is thinking of QN as a scheming woman ? Hamzah was almost 24, when he wed PN !!!!!! why had it to be an arranged marriage, if it was, maybe it was some1 else who arranged it, or maybe Hamzah married her as he was in love....

Guido said:

so where do you no SUCH things?

no i dont believe!

tipper said:
why most of this Forum members is thinking of QN as a scheming woman ? Hamzah was almost 24, when he wed PN !!!!!! why had it to be an arranged marriage, if it was, maybe it was some1 else who arranged it, or maybe Hamzah married her as he was in love....

It is just opinion ;)

Here's something amusing

The Queen has no coat

Queen Noor of Jordan was in San Jose to speak to the Commonwealth Club April 11 at the California Theatre. The following evening, the queen, who is friends with Bono of U2, visited backstage with the band prior to their concert at the HP Pavilion.

Just as the band was due on stage, some one noticed that the queen's coat was missing. Seems the queen heard the Pavilion was home to a hockey team and she tought it might be cold. Good thought. Lily takes a wrap in there too. But the ice hasn't been getting much use this season.

In any event, a celebrity coat hunt ensued. There were political heavyweight Nancy Pelosi, actress Michelle Pfeiffer, tech giant Steve Jobs, and an array of Google executives looking high and low. Bono and the entire band joined the hunt, delaying the sold-out show by several breath-stopping minutes.

As for the coat, it was eventually found in a backroom, by whom Lily does not know, and returned to Queen Noor the next evening at dinner by John Gage, vice president and chief researcher at Sun Microsystems.

Phew. Lily would hate to think the safest big city in America would be the scene on an international incident, or that we'd give the queen the cold shoulder. A fine time was had by all, as the pictures on Page 51 attest.

http://sanjose.bizjournals.com/sanjose/stories/2005/04/18/tidbits1.html

closesttoheaven said:
so where do you no SUCH things?

no i dont believe!

Don't be so naive! What do you think why Hamzah married his cousin ? You never heard that most ME royals don't marry for love. The late King Hussein also married his cousin . The arranged marriages often happen in the Arab world and India ,especially when they marry their cousins or princesses from another rich families.

~*~Humera~*~ said:
Queen Noor looked very sincere when she spoke of Princess Noor as her third daughter. When Larry King asked her about PN, Noor said without hesitation "I love her"
Im sure she also appreciates the fact that Prince Hamzah has someone to be with, especially at tougher times like this.

I agree, she looked so sincere and her eyes were smiling when she talked about PN- she said- she was good for him- meaning Hamzah- I am sure that she still loves her son dearly, but I've got a feeling Hamzah did hurt her, I may be wrong, but he was too eager to please KA, til he was his CP, that may have involved him neglecting his own num, hope to be wrong, 1 think no1 can deny is that she's always loved her own 4 kids alot and always cared for them, last time she talked about hamzah, soon after KH's death, she sounded so proud of him....:) ;) :) ;)

Guido said:
Don't be so naive! What do you think why Hamzah married his cousin ? You never heard that most ME royals don't marry for love. The late King Hussein also married his cousin . The arranged marriages often happen in the Arab world and India ,especially when they marry their cousins or princesses from another rich families.

KH married queen Dina in 1955, 50 years ago- who of the nowadays Princes and Princesses did marry a relative ? would u plz enlighten us as we are all so naive ?

Well Noor may have the restrictions and responsibilities of a Queen but she's certainly an affectionate mother I think. You can always see and hear the love on her face and in her voice when she talks of her kids. Towards the end of the interview, when Larry King asked her about her health, she mentioned that she'd been "beset by injuries over the past 14 months" but that otherwise she was fine, and more importantly, that her children were healthy.
She talked about them often in the interview, when she mentioned her home in washinton as a place where her kids could be with her, where she could "feed them, burp them and send them on their way"
The fact that she's rumoured to have had difficult relationships with some of her step-kids doesnt mean she isnt a good and affectionate mother to her own kids. Infact she has good relationships with many members of the royal family including many of her step-kids.
I think that being a mother is certainly important to her, when she talked about Rania, for example, Noor specifically mentioned that "she's a wonderful mother."
Queens certainly have more responsibilities than the average mother, they dont spend all their time with their kids, but I think that most of them do the best they can. This is a different time we're talking about. Its not like centuries ago when royal children spent most of their time with nurses, tutors etc, or even 50 or so years ago when someone like Queen Elizabeth was known to be quite a 'distant' mother.

Guido said:

why naive?
there is no reason to think that queen noor is such a bad person.i think she married the horrible king hussein because she loved him so i think she wants her children to marry because of love!
when theres someone naive - then it is queen noor.......

elizahawthorne said:
:eek: Please explain why you think KH was a horrible king

-Eliza

maybe horrible is the wrong word ;)
but i think he was not as good as noor tells.
maybe he was a really good king!the peace process and so on....
but i think as husband - in noors book there are some situations where i think she must have felt much alone.... like when she lost her baby and so on!
and KH behaviour in such a situation wasnt nice or speaking for such a beautifull character!
when she says she is sad or has a problem - he told her the world has bigger problems..... :(

Hamzah 's arranged marriage is true!

houri said:

Exactly ,this is the truth.

QN always makes herself felt sorry and try to work against King Abdullah & Queen Rania. She wanted Hamzah to be the CP because the power is very important for her. Hamzah had to marry PN since that was her mother request. QN is as ambitious as her father ,pretending so prudish and always hides behind the Kennedy family.

Last edited:
Guido said:
QN is as ambitious as her father ,pretending so prudish and always hides behind the Kennedy family.

How did the Kennedy family get dragged into this unproven story?

How does Noor hide behind the Kennedy family exactly? :confused: Is she hiding behind Maria Shriver's hair?

While she seemed a bit tired during the interview, I think the warmth in her tone when she spoke of Hamzah's wife, Noor or Nur, was genuine. I had never heard of this being an arranged marriage--they seem very happy with one another. QN is an enigmatic person, definitely; she exerts a great deal of control over what she says so it is difficult to discern what she is really feeling about subjects close to her heart--like her children and whatever she feels about the change in succession. While I wish at times she would be more forthcoming, I can see why she simply cannot be. I'm sure anything she says could have ramifications on her children--and, no matter what, I believe she wants them to feel part of the family in Jordan so would never say something to cause a rift with their half-brothers and sisters. I give her credit for that--as well as the fact that exerting such self-control all the time has to be wearing but she always tries to put on a very positive face. Feeling estrangement from Ali and Haya must be hard as she did raise them and, like most people, I believe she did the best she knew how in very difficult circumstances when she was still trying to feel her way around a new country, marriage, way of life, etc. Like many stepmothers, she just may have been an "easy target" when the children--all of whom adored their father--felt angry or upset about something. I can't imagine being presented with a laundry list of "grievances" as she was. She writes about it in her book and--while she attributes a lot to the sheer nature of many of the children being adolescents--I can only think that was a hurtful moment, too.

Guido said:

Arranged marriages may be common practices in India and Middle Eastern countries, and the arrangements may even including marrying cousins and distant relatives.

However, that does not mean that every single marriage in these countries were arranged. That would be quite the 100% action rate.

It does also not mean that Hamzah and Noor's marriage was arranged. Perhaps he married his cousin because he truly loves her, finds her a beautiful, intelligent and insightful person whom he wants to spend the rest of his life with.

What evidence do you have that this marriage was arranged anyway? It is obvious to me (and to other members as far as I've read) that you do no like Noor. But what is your reason for perpetuating stories about her and her family that are so unfounded and without as much as even a tabloid article to back up your story? It seems to me that the naive one here isn't the person who doesn't believe that Hamzah and Noor's marriage was arranged, but the individual who is perpetuating these stories because of some insecurity or simply some dislike of a public figure he has never even met.

maryshawn said:
QN is an enigmatic person, definitely; she exerts a great deal of control over what she says so it is difficult to discern what she is really feeling about subjects close to her heart--like her children and whatever she feels about the change in succession.

I love how you've described Noor here Mary Shawn. I think you've hit the nail on the head about her. She is a very enigmatic individual and very controlled and cautious in what she says. Often it seems that she's just trying to find the exact words to express herself so that her comments can not be misconstrued or misinterpreted in any way. The end result for me is that she is a very thoughtful individual in how she presents herself and what she says about herself, her life with the late King and her family.

Thoughtful is an excellent way to describe her IMO. To be QN today is not the easiest thing in the world as, since 1999, she has endured and accepted so many changes--superficial things like the loss of homes, prestige, ..... but far more important things like the death of her husband, the change in succession--which had to have struck some chord within her, estrangement perhaps from some of her stepchildren, the death of her father,..... And yet she is thoughtful enough of her children, Jordan, others...not to air any "grievances" or plain old grief she may have. I hope--after this book tour--she finds a meaningful, satisfying role just being herself. As much as I enjoy hearing about her, some time away from the public stage might be a good thing in order to reassess her life and take steps to try to find some personal happiness. She deserves it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom