Queen Noor Current Events 6: March 15-

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Humera

Moderator Emeritus
Country
Canada
Welcome to Part 6 of Queen Noor's Current Events.
The previous thread can be found here

In this thread you may post news, articles and pictures related to Queen Noor's current events.

A few important reminders before posting:
  • As of November 1, 2006, our Photo Posting Rules require that photos only be posted directly to The Royal Forums if you have written permission from the copyright holder or if you took the photo yourself
  • Further questions, including those on how to post pictures and articles are answered in our Member FAQs
  • Please take a few moments to browse through our Community Rules
  • Post only 20% or less of an article, followed by a link to the rest of it
  • Keep your posts relevant and on-topic
  • Please avoid comments of an overtly political or religious nature
Jordanian Forum Moderating Team
Avalon, Humera, Zonk

If anybody's in NY and interested:
Special Event
Bridging Two Cultures: A Conversation with Her Majesty Queen Noor
Tuesday, June 5; 6:00 to 7:30 p.m.
Also a Producers Circle Event

An international humanitarian activist, Her Majesty Queen Noor of Jordan is a woman of two cultures: the daughter of a distinguished Arab-American family who in 1978 married King Hussein of Jordan. She will discuss that journey with MTR President Pat Mitchell, and talk about her devotion to such causes as women and children's welfare, conservation, and human rights. Queen Noor will also discuss the creation of the King Hussein Foundation International, which promotes cross-cultural understanding between the East and West.

spacer.gif

Individual Tickets: $30, $25 MTR Members MTR | Subscription Series

Queen Noor of Jordan with students in San Jose during the inauguration of the United World College Tuesday 20 March 2007. The college has 64 students from different countries:flowers:

Fotobanka isifa image service

Last edited:
Yes .... she looks wonderful and very happy

news about HMQN

Major U.K. and U.S. Landmine Charities Honour Footsteps of Diana

Her Majesty Queen Noor and Legendary Napa Valley Vintner Miljenko Grgich to Receive Roots of Peace Global Citizen Award Onboard Queen Mary 2 in honour of the 10th anniversary of the death of the late Diana, Princess of Wales who catapulted the issue of landmines to the forefront of the international agenda, two major U.K. and U.S. charity organisations are joining forces to stage global events raising funds to remove landmines and unexploded bombs.
At the Cruise for Peace Bon Voyage Luncheon, Her Majesty Queen Noor and Miljenko "Mike" Grgich, legendary NapaValley vintner and owner, Grgich Hills Estate, will be presented with the Roots of Peace, 2007 Global Citizen Award. The luncheon will take place onboard Queen Mary 2 at the Brooklyn (New York) Cruise Terminal, 11:00am -- 3:00pm. A reception will feature Grgich Hills Estate wines and a gourmet lunch will be served in the three-story Britannia Restaurant.
Roots of Peace, a humanitarian non-profit organization dedicated to the eradication of landmines by returning de-mined land to productive agricultural use, created the Global Citizen Award to salute the leadership and unique contributions of Her Majesty Queen Noor and Napa Valley Vintner Mike Grgich in raising landmine awareness around the globe. "The grapevine represents the seeds we have in common rather than those which separate us," said Heidi Kuhn, Founder and CEO, Roots of Peace. "While the fermented vine in Croatia honors the fine wines produced by legendary vintner, Mike Grgich, the fresh grapes and raisins honor the harvest of hope in Muslim countries where her Majesty Queen Noor has nurtured the vine," added Kuhn.
Queen Noor has been a tireless advocate for mine victims and their families to recover, heal, and resume their role as participating and contributing members of society. In 1998, as patron of Landmine Survivors Network (LSN), she hosted the first "International Conference on Landmine Injury & Rehabilitation in the Middle East." She announced the 40th ratification of the Ottawa Mine Ban-Treaty at the United Nations on October 1, 1998 detailing new measures to universalize the treaty and promote victim-survivor assistance. She has traveled to Africa, South East Asia, Europe, Central America, and the United States to raise awareness of the humanitarian disaster wrought by landmines and the dire need to assist survivors rebuild their lives. She has also been a leader in promoting public understanding of the relation between international agricultural research and global peace, prosperity, environmental renewal, health, and the alleviation of human suffering.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks For all the news on her

I wonder if she gets a salary from Jord Gover, I know the late King Hussein left her some, but it's been a while, I'm sure she will need to cover up her expanses, unless she gets it from her kids!

Queen Noor in Jordan Now,She mets Students from Jubilee school yesterday :flowers:

News from petra

Last edited:
Thank´s Jordan. No pictures?:neutral:

Qoeen Noor will be aguest in Larry king Show Next week:flowers:

O'MALLEY: Well, not so much recently. Even with a world championship, attendance is falling and the city's demographics are changing. Which is why …
KING: Speaking of New York and the Yankees, I was talking with a brilliant young comic last week, Joan Rivers. She roots for the Yankees but she's a very funny woman. She'll be my guest next week along with Queen Noor of Jordan, Connie Francis and Rosemary Clooney. Rosemary was great in "White Christmas." Great movie. Terrific song, too.

News from:
ESPN.com: Page 2 : A tribute to Larry King

Good news ......... I cant wait to see her

i love queen Noor .... she is amazing lady ..... what can i say .... just love her

princess fahda delivery was at Farah Hospital, Queen Noor visited her daily.

Thank´s Jordan:flowers: . Does anyone know if Queen Noor continue in Jordan?

wow. very interesting.... i wonder if its true.

I doubt she'll ever marry him (if they are dating). Noor saw how Jackie Kennedy's image took a hit after she married Onassis. and Soros is a far more controversial figure than Onassis.

Noor is no where near as well known as Jackie O. And they've been dating almost a year already.

so you think they'll marry?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom