Princess Iman and Princess Raiyah: News and Picture Part 1

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Raiyah and Iman

Noor said they both wanted to be doctors or veterinarians....I can't see either in the Army or a military school....but could be wrong. What I have heard from someone who went to school with Raiyah is that she was very nice, not snobby, kind, thoughtful and brainy.....Also, when her mom visited her, she too was very down to earth and acted like any other mom, once chastizing Raiyah for going out in a really sloppy outfit! My mother does the same to this day--but I don't have to worry about photos being taken, published and criticized for my appearance. Yuck!

those girls still have their mom around, hopefully, guiding them (or if all else fails locking them in house until cooler heads prevail). i would guess they will marry a well placed arab-american or arab-euro that could easily blend into society in both places.

they are fairly far down the the pecking order so i don't think their marriage will make that big of a splash in general.

rollin_keef said:
i thought she got get told to marry into an arab royal family like haya.

anyone think of who would be a suitable match for them? royal men from saud family, the gulf?

rollin_keef said:
anyone think of who would be a suitable match for them? royal men from saud family, the gulf?
hmm...i don't know about the saud family, from what i have read and heard- it seems like they dont' have a great reputation. maybe someone from the gulf region...i dont know much about arab high society so i can't think of any suitable men. i would match princess raiyah and prince harry (just a thought) but we know hell will freeze over before that happens. who knows...maybe they won't marry an arab....if P.Iman can manage to get rollin_keef to convert religions........;)

Ipi Tombe said:
those girls still have their mom around, hopefully, guiding them (or if all else fails locking them in house until cooler heads prevail). i would guess they will marry a well placed arab-american or arab-euro that could easily blend into society in both places.

they are fairly far down the the pecking order so i don't think their marriage will make that big of a splash in general.

As I was Watching- a Royal Tour of Jordan- it striked me that both of them are really 2 average US girls, maybe u all remember the scene where they are on camels and shout something , can't remember what, to each other, i thought- OMG, they are not really 2 Arabic Princesses, - could any member from US in this Forum tell me what kind of US accent is the 1 they were talking into , I mean is that from New Jersey, Washington D.C. or what- thanx !

rollin_keef said:
what about P Raiyah and a bediun?
how can u be so nasty, a bedouin ? Raiyah is a royal Princess, u know......

tipper said:
I guess a bedouin is also a human being..raiyah happens to be a princess..she could have been also a bedouin...Do not forget, a bedouin and Raiyah are both jordanians..

tipper said:
There is nothing nasty about this. A bedouin basically means someone who is of pure Arab stock. There can be nomadic bedouins and settled bedouins;educated bedouins and uneducated bedouins; rich bedouins and poor bedouins; Syrian, Jordanian, Iraqi, Saudi, Yemeni bedouin, and also Christian bedouins. Unfortunately in some people's mind, the word has bedouin has come to equate a rough, tough, salt of the earth maybe, but basically uneducated person but this is not the case. So if P. Raiyah finds a decent , kind, well educated bedouin, good for her. But the kid is only just 18 so I think any talk like this is waaaay too premature.

Last edited:
shelley said:
There is nothing nasty about this. A bedouin basically means someone who is of pure Arab stock. There can be nomadic bedouins and settled bedouins;educated bedouins and uneducated bedouins; rich bedouins and poor bedouins; Syrian, Jordanian, Iraqi, Saudi, Yemeni bedouin, and also Christian bedouins. Unfortunately in some people's mind, the world has bedouin has come to equate a rough, tough, salt of the earth maybe, but basically uneducated person but this is not the case. So if P. Raiyah finds a decent , kind, well educated bedouin, good for her. But the kid is only just 18 so I think any talk like this is waaaay too premature.
Infact, the Jordanian royal family is of bedouin roots.

I am not a bedouin but I believe they are of the best people in the world, and as we say in jordan " Bedouins are sweet". ;) اشهد ان البدو حلوين

almahboubah said:
Mecca was the metropolis of the Arab Island at the times of prophet Mohammad and Hashem.

On my trip to Israel earlier this year we were hosted for one day by a Bedouin family. I have never seen greater hospitality. They are truly are friendly, kind, hospitable, people. They killed their best sheep for us for dinner, a true sacrifice considering that their resources were quite limited. They fed us till we could barely walk, and were very kind to us, even giving us gifts to take with us as we were leaving. The Bedouin are a noble people. I will never forget this experience.

bluetortuga said:
On my trip to Israel earlier this year we were hosted for one day by a Bedouin family. I have never seen greater hospitality. They are truly are friendly, kind, hospitable, people. They killed their best sheep for us for dinner, a true sacrifice considering that their resources were quite limited. They fed us till we could barely walk, and were very kind to us, even giving us gifts to take with us as we were leaving. The Bedouin are a noble people. I will never forget this experience.
You are so right, bluetortuga. At their best, there are few peoples more honourable and noble.

almahboubah said:
Yes. They belong to the clan or tribe of Quraish, who were not nomadic but settled in Mecca. Most of the settled bedouin were merchants.

Moon said:
I guess a bedouin is also a human being..raiyah happens to be a princess..she could have been also a bedouin...Do not forget, a bedouin and Raiyah are both jordanians..
I beg your pardon, so what, she's a Royal Princess, a bedouin is a human being, alright, but that member, can't remember his ID meant it in a nasty wicked way-

Hey All

From what i hear, they are close to their brothers and sisters. I know that P. Iman graduated from sandhurst last year, and she could be in the states these days. As for rayah she is continuing her education also in the states but i dont know which university she attends.

FooFoo

tipper were u refering to me?
i didnt say that at all nasty.
The bediun are the backbone of the Hashemite throne. They supported Abdullah I when he went to Amman, they supported Hussein during black september and his reign and the support Abdullah II.

rollin_keef said:
tipper were u refering to me?
i didnt say that at all nasty.
The bediun are the backbone of the Hashemite throne. They supported Abdullah I when he went to Amman, they supported Hussein during black september and his reign and the support Abdullah II.

thanx, I am aware of it, I wonder why P Raiyah should get married to a Bedouin, why not P Iman ? Anyway, P Raiyah looks to me to be a real US girl.

rollin_keef said:
tour of Jordan, when was that released?

About 3 years ago, it's to be watched everywhere on Discovery Channel, it's also sold at amazon.com-

thanx tipper, ill have to try and get it!
Well P Iman could marry one, i was simply saying if their was a chance that a royal could marry a bedioun

Is there any men in the arab countries who stand out as husband material and do Iman and Rayaih have boyfriends if so what are their names and info

Does it really matter who they marry because they some to be minor royals now that their father is deceased and their brother Abdullah is king? I know someone will say,"they are the sister to the King of Jordan." But now that Abdullah is king and has a family of his own, I think the focus has shift quite abit to hims family, especially his wife, Rania. Yet, now that Haya is married to a crown prince, in another arab country, it makes her signifcant, but not Iman and Rayiah, unless they too marry arab princes.

rollin_keef said:
Is there any men in the arab countries who stand out as husband material and do Iman and Rayaih have boyfriends if so what are their names and info
I am thinking possible a minor Saudi prince or a sheikh for the Emirates. But a long shot is one the sons of the president of Libya, Qaddaffi's sons Saeed and Mohammed.

Akilah said:
I am thinking possible a minor Saudi prince or a sheikh for the Emirates. But a long shot is one the sons of the president of Libya, Qaddaffi's sons Saeed and Mohammed.
Nah, I doubt that. They'll probably marry American-educated Jordanians from elite families, as did their cousins, Hassan's daughters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom