Prince Hamzah & Princess Noor: News and Pictures 1

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jenna1186

Gentry
Prince Hamzah was born in Amman on March 29, 1980 to His Majesty King Hussein Ben Talal and Her Majesty Queen Noor Al Hussein. Prince Hamzah has four brothers and six sisters.

His Royal Highness was officially named Crown Prince of the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan on February 7, 1999 by His Majesty King Abdullah upon the death of His Majesty King Hussein.

Crown Prince Hamzah completed his elementary education in Amman, and later received the General Certificate for Secondary Education from Harrow in the United Kingdom. As a student, the Crown Prince was awarded several prizes, including the “Dome of the Rock Award,” by the Ministry of Awqaf and Islamic Affairs in 1990, and the “History Prize” from Harrow. Following in the footsteps of his grandfather, King Talal, his father, King Hussein, his brother King Abdullah, and other members of the Royal family, Crown Prince Hamzah attended the Royal Military Academy Sandhurst, passing out in December 1999 as a commissioned officer in the Jordan Arab Army.

He was awarded the Sandhurst Overseas Sword, awarded to an overseas cadet who is considered by the Commandant to be the best in his course. He was also awarded the HRH Prince Saud Abdullah Prize which is given to an overseas cadet who has obtained the best aggregate mark in academic subjects. His Royal Highness is currently partaking in advanced military training through a rigorous troop leaders' course in the United Kingdom aimed at the development of skills and education of future troop leaders.

Crown Prince Hamzah has been awarded various medals in Jordan and abroad. He received the Grand Cordon of the Order of Al Nahda in August 1998, the Grand Cordon of the Order of Al Kawkab Al Urduni in November 1995, and the Al Hussein Gold Medal for Achievement in July 1995. He also received the Bahraini Medal of Ahmad Al Fateh in August 1999.

In August 1999, King Abdullah entrusted Crown Prince Hamzah to oversee the affairs of the Royal Academy for Islamic Civilisation Research, the Al al Bait Foundation, by naming him higher chairman of the foundation. The Royal Academy for Islamic Civilisation Research is an independent, non-governmental foundation which aims to foster research on Islam.

His Royal Highness Prince Hamzah accompanied King Hussein as well as King Abdullah on a number of official visits throughout the region and the world. He currently attends local, regional and international conferences in his capacity as Crown Prince and has deputised for King Abdullah on a number of missions abroad.

His Royal Highness is the Honorary President of the Basketball Federation. He has attended training courses in marksmanship, skydiving, first aid and military tactics. Crown Prince Hamzah is also a qualified scuba diver and paratrooper and enjoys fencing, shooting, judo, fishing, skiing, water-sports and flying fixed-wing aircraft and helicopters.

---

Attachments

• 083.jpg
    083.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 446
  • 028.jpg
    028.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 352
Last edited by a moderator:
I love darling Hamzah!!!!!! I wonder what he is up to now? He was attending Harvard but now I think he is taking more military courses. I say that because we hardly ever see him anymore. I wonder what kind of girls he likes? He seems like the quiet type, and I read somewhere that he prefers tall blondes; like his mama. Oh well, just daydreaming. Love Kiara

I hope for his sake that he won't be king someday......coz it's a lot of burden .... I think Hamzah is already more pressured to be perfect as he may be king someday and he wouldn't want his past to haunt him. I mean, if he likes a girl he probably wouldn't date her as in the arabic and muslim community dating is unacceptable and the Jordanian people would call him a womanizer as they called King Abdullah and Prince Ali when they were younger. I mean, I always hear that Princes Ali and Hashem often go to clubs and cafes together but never hear about Hamzah joining them... the poor guy must have lots of limitations.

Hello Everyone,

Last time I checked Prince Hamzah hasn't attended Harvard since February 2003. Has he dropped out? Transferring to another university? Doing courses online? Or just taking a leave of absence from his studies? I would hate to think that he would drop out. His father KH never had the chance to complete his studies because of duty. KA, QR, QN and all of Prince Hamzah's siblings have completed their education (except maybe Ali, I didn't read any where he was awarded a degree from any university).

in private, with the public not being informed until after the event has taken place.

Not usually--if you look at Queen Noors wedding--it was known. I was a little surprised. Plus she is so young. That was a real surprise that they didn't wait till after she was done with college.

Gorgeous Hamzah must be incredibly smart if he is attending Harvard and already achieved captain status in the Jordanian army. You know, I don't know where I read this, but I read on one of these websites that he has a near genius iq. Queen Noor must be so proud of him.

I heard he's coming back this month/ as his wife is enrolled in 1 of US Unis, that's alright/ as for Ali, he did well both at Columbia and at Princeton, Hashim will be back to the Dukes this month, he's also doind very well.

Prince Hamzah left Amman, Jordan this morning to continue his studies at Harvard. I did not see Princess Noor Hamzah in any of the pictures. Are they going to separate universities? What a pity! I think it's sad if they have to begin married life apart for long periods of time. I wish P. Hamzah success in his studies and hope he finishes soon so that he can dedicate himself full-time to being crown prince and heir apparent, and also so that he and Princess Noor can share their lives together further interruption.

Does anyone here know what U.S. university Princess Noor Hamzah attends? Queen Noor's website said that P. Hamzah and P. Noor's official wedding celebration will take place next year in Amman. Is this to say that both Hamzah and Noor are in their final year at university. Does anyone know for sure when Hamzah and/or P. Noor will graduate?

Also, what of Prince Hashim? Does he have much time left at Duke? Where is Princess Iman continuing her education? Has Raiyah graduated high school? Does anyone know if she's going to go to Sandhurst as well?

I know that these are many questions, but I'm just curious.

Thanks,

BlueTortuga

I'll assume that both Hamzah and Noor will be graduating from their respective universities next year in May 2004 before the big wedding. This may not be the last higher education course that Hamzah will take though. I think maybe King Abdullah will want him to do the famed Master's of Science degree in International Relations at Georgetown University. King Abdullah did his master's studies in this discipline at Georgetown, and so did Crown Prince Felipe.

According to Petra Hamzah is now back in Jordan. There are two new pictures of him in the photo section under todays date (December 20).

Hamzah got back home for a few weeks on Dec 20. He was by himself.... very odd, isn't it ?

did he give him a ring, did she give him 1, too ? well, he wears no ring nowadays, u can c his pic from petra taken on Dec 21, when he got back to Amman, no ring at all, I also watched him on TV when he was sworn in as Regent.

Originally posted by shannen26@Dec 29th, 2003 - 2:43 am
did he give him a ring, did she give him 1, too ? well, he wears no ring nowadays, u can c his pic from petra taken on Dec 21, when he got back to Amman, no ring at all, I also watched him on TV when he was sworn in as Regent.
Hi Shannen26! I was wondering about this too. He might start wearing one after their big ceremony. We'll have to wait and see.

You watched it on tv??? :woot: Where do you live?

Petra news says that Hamzah went back to school in the U.S. on Friday, but his website doesn't mention it. I wonder if they made a mistake and he's still in Jordan.

This confirms that he goes to Harvard. Harvad exams for the Fall semester are being held now. They operate on a totally different schedule than other universities, the ivy-leaguers that they are. Beginning the reading period begins on Monday, finals next Friday.

I think they are both at harvard, but i was how they will live? Though married on paper, they're still only engaged so does that mean that they live separately (as they would do in Jordan) or will they live together? In fact are they even allowed to consumate the wedding before the actual party? If they were in Jordan it would be normal for them to live with their parents still, so these questions wouldn't be raised, but seeing as they are both off in the states I wonder what will happen...

Hello,

I read on a website some where that hamzah smokes. Does anyone knows if that is true? He seems like such a serious, polite boy who would strictly follow the muslim rules.:angel:

Are there also other (funny) fact of hamzah. Like what kind of tv programs he likes to watch or what is his favorite music? His favorite country ( besides Jordan hihihi) to go on holiday?

I read on a website some where that hamzah smokes

you can see pics of this in his official website photo album...just click thru. I was surprised to see that too, but it is my impression that a lot of ME men smoke, too. I'm not a Muslim, though, so I wouldn't know if this is ok or not...

I read in an article somewhere that he listens to Eminem. I can't find the article anymore. I'll keep looking for it. The article said that some students from the U.S. sent his office an email because they wanted to learn more about Jordan and he sent them videos and other things about his country. In return, they sent him a tie that he wore to a press conference.

He seems to be a really sweet guy. :heart:

I don't know about the smoking. I wouldn't be surprised if he smoked, though. I know that his brother Ali smokes.

Wow he like's to listen to eminem, that's great! It seems, just to hear at the story's about Hamzah, that he is just a great, normal guy! Sending people info about his country and stuff. I love him!!! :heart:

About the smoking? I don't mind that he would do it, I also saw a picture of his sister Haya, smoking.

Conclusion, Hamzah is the BEST!!!! :clap:

Originally posted by Bubbette@Jan 31st, 2004 - 8:16 pm
I don't see any of Q. Noor in him.
He has Q. Noor's nose. That's about it. In some pictures, CP. Hamzah looks a lot like his maternal grandfather, Najeeb Halaby. But I agree, CP Hamzah looks alot like his father, K. Hussein.

I think P. Hashim is a deadringer for the late King Talal.

The article in Petra says that they're in London. Maybe they are on a bit of a break.

The article in Petra says that they're in London. Maybe they are on a bit of a break.

I don't know if CP Hamzah and P. Noor celebrate Valentine's Day. But maybe Hamzah decided to wisk away P. Noor to London for a special weekend together, in conjunction with this seminar. I love the pictures. I think they suit each well, and that this marriage will work out.

They look like such a cute couple. Black is a good color on her like Catherine Zeta jones. Her ring is so huge, but it does'nt look out of place. Does anyone know what peta is and where were this pics taken?

Originally posted by sky@Feb 14th, 2004 - 10:51 pm
They look like such a cute couple. Black is a good color on her like Catherine Zeta jones. Her ring is so huge, but it does'nt look out of place. Does anyone know what peta is and where were this pics taken?
Petra is a Jordanian News Agency. Here's the link to its website. Petra

The pictures of CP Hamzah and P Noor Hamzah were taken in London. Black looks good on her but it's a colour for mourning. I personally try not to wear too much of it. It's just my opinion, but I still think that she looked great in what she was wearing.

They were definitely in London, coz i recognised the Jordanian Ambassador to London sitting next to them in the first photo...

I think she's looks a bit washed out in black! Dig the ring though!

http://www.petra.gov.jo/photos/2004/45/a08.jpg

Is this the ring that we're talking about? :unsure: Because it's on her right hand. A wedding ring would be on the left. Plus he gave her the ring on her left hand in their wedding pictures.

This ring is probably an engagement ring or something. I don't know. It definitely is big though.

You can sort of see the wedding ring on her left hand in the picture where they're sitting down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom