Prince Hamzah & Princess Noor: Current News, Part 5

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I forgot to tell u guys, the other day I was watching Jordan the royal tour (for the 5th time,lol), but on Jordan TV they cut the part that had Hamzah in it!! :(

lil Monkey said:
I forgot to tell u guys, the other day I was watching Jordan the royal tour (for the 5th time,lol), but on Jordan TV they cut the part that had Hamzah in it!! :(

That's not nice.

BTW, thanks for all the Petra pics that you've been posting. I stopped going on there to look for pics of P Hamzah a while ago so if you weren't around, I wouldn't have seen them at all!:D

hi everyone! just a question--what do you call the scarf that the members of the JRF are wearing? the red one that has a similar pattern to the kaffiyeh? thanks! ;)

We call it " Shma'3" .Kaffeyyeh or Koffeyeh which is also called 7atta" is the black & White Palestenian one"...but here it is a scarf shape as you saw it in the parade....
RhapsodyBrat said:
hi everyone! just a question--what do you call the scarf that the members of the JRF are wearing? the red one that has a similar pattern to the kaffiyeh? thanks! ;)

salwa said:
We call it " Shma'3" .Kaffeyyeh or Koffeyeh which is also called 7atta" is the black & White Palestenian one"...but here it is a scarf shape as you saw it in the parade....
ummm We call it Hatta too Salwa,The red and white checked one.
Anyway, yea shmagh, Kuffieh or Kuffieh...

Banadoora said:
That's not nice.

BTW, thanks for all the Petra pics that you've been posting. I stopped going on there to look for pics of P Hamzah a while ago so if you weren't around, I wouldn't have seen them at all!:D

Yea I know, I was so upset!
LOL no problem about the pics ;)
Welcome back:)

everytime I watch his sky diving clip my heart nearly stops, it's as if I watch it for the first time, he was amazing!

thank you salwa and lil_Monkey for your replies!:) so it's a hatta or shmagh...;)

Last edited:
It's the first time for me I hear hem speaking.
Thank you

salwa said:
yes true we call it shmagh or koofeyeh :)

but allow me to tell you that you're wrong regarding the black and white shmagh..its not for palestinians..Jordanians also in the past used to wear the black and white all the time..also they used to wear the red and white..BUT..Mr. yasser A3arafat used to wear the black and white so palestinians sticked to wearing the black and white as a symbol following Yasser Arafat's leads :p

ya3ni these shmaghs weren't for certain people from different origins..all arabs wear them but people newly started classifying shmaghs according to origins..

also the red shmagh is called 7atta :D

Kindest regards

Last edited:
allousho said:

but allow me to tell you that you're wrong regarding the black and white shmagh..its not for palestinians..Jordanians also in the past used to wear the black and white all the time..also they used to wear the red and white..BUT..Mr. yasser A3arafat used to wear the black and white so palestinians sticked to wearing the black and white as a symbol following Yasser Arafat's leads :p

ya3ni these shmaghs weren't for certain people from different origins..all arabs wear them but people newly started classifying shmaghs according to origins..

Kindest regards
Allousho, welcome first !
thinking of it, ur right, my grandpa wears the white and black checked kuffieh, even though he's not from Pal. origins, I guess New generations have come up with all these classifications.:rolleyes:

allousho said:

Kindest regards

very interesting point.I always wondered why so many people with saudi arabia origin wear the red/white shmagh too.i cant believe they are all jordanian origin, above many saudi princes who often reside in frankfurt wear the white one, and the white/red one.
but i've never seen a jordanian or a saudi prince wearing the black/white one.

I know dear:D ..i remember a east Jordanian 7ajjeh " old lady " who was from ramtha " northern part of Jordan" who used to come visiting her son " our neighbor" and used to wear the black and white kofeyyeh as a headscarf , but since the 1970 the black & White have become a trademark for Palestinian Fedaee….

Now it is rather rare to find any one of non –Palestinian origin who wear it unless to show support to our Palestinian cause :rolleyes: …I wear it though for any rally to support Palestine …I have 3 …one black & white with hodob " tassels " , one without tassels and another red one …

allousho said:

Kindest regards

Ever wonder were prince HAmza lives if he comes to Jordan for good after finishing uni?

he is already in Jordan for good, he's staying in Amman, he came back to Jordan last January.

I wonder

lil Monkey said:
http://www.petra.gov.jo/nepras/2006/Jun/10/11898I.htm
Prince Hamzah and princess Noor in todays great military parade...

well, I know it's not our business ,but I'd have expected Hamzeh and Noor to have a baby after his grad from Harvard- maybe she's already with a baby or do they think they are still too young to be parents? Don't know the answer, maybe any of u knows it?

Last edited by a moderator:
lil Monkey said:

I heard from some1 that she did not have the JR tour tape with Ali in, that was long ago, now they cancelled Hamzah who in fact only did say a few words.....

emily62_1 said:
I think Iman is very pretty in her uniform, wonder if Raiyah will ever attend Sandhurst, what is Iman in the J army, now ?

rather off topic but to answer your question, according to her bio in Princess Haya's website, she was commissioned as 2nd lieutenant in the Army. no word on whether she's been promoted to a higher rank though. :p

hope i was able to help! ;)

RhapsodyBrat said:
rather off topic but to answer your question, according to her bio in Princess Haya's website, she was commissioned as 2nd lieutenant in the Army. no word on whether she's been promoted to a higher rank though. :p

hope i was able to help! ;)

sure, thanx!

emily62_1 said:
well, I know it's not our business ,but I'd have expected Hamzeh and Noor to have a baby after his grad from Harvard- maybe she's already with a baby or do they think they are still too young to be parents? Don't know the answer, maybe any of u knows it?

I was thinking the exact same thing and decided to read this part of the forum to see if there was any news of a pregnancy. Personally, I think they are very, very young. I think that Hamzah is most likley still preparing for a careeer since he is no longer Crown Prince of Jordan. They appear to be a very happy couple.

A new pic of prince Hamzah, he's lost sooooooooooooooo much weight...Dun u guys agree with me
(www.petra.gov.jo)
King Patronizes Graduation Ceremony</STRONG>
/10/
Amman, June 28 (Petra)-- His Majesty King Abdullah II the Supreme Commander of the Armed Forces patronized on Wednesday the 35th graduation ceremony of the aviation candidates.

Their Majesties King Abdullah and Queen Rania watched an Air show performed by the Hawks of the Royal Air Forces which won the admiration of the attendance.

Upon arrival, His Majesty was received by HRH Prince Faisal Ben Al Hussein, HRH Prince Hamzah Ben Al Hussein, Prime Minister Marouf Bakhit, Chairman of Joint Chiefs of Staff Gen. Muhammad Jameel Sarayreh, the Commander of the Air Forces, and the Head of the Collage.

The Supreme Commander decorated the graduates with wings and distributed prizes to the winners.

The ceremony was attended by high ranking officials, senior officers, military attaches to Jordan, and the graduates' families.
http://www.petra.gov.jo/nepras/2006/Jun/28/10000.htm

Attachments

• 12683Ib.jpg
    12683Ib.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 475
Last edited:
I am happy to see Hamzah is spending time with the family in Jordon. I hope he is happy these days. If you have news of Hamzah please share!

lil Monkey said:
A new pic of prince Hamzah, he's lost sooooooooooooooo much weight...Dun u guys agree with me
(www.petra.gov.jo)
King Patronizes Graduation Ceremony</STRONG>

/10/

Amman, June 28 (Petra)-- His Majesty King Abdullah II the Supreme Commander of the Armed Forces patronized on Wednesday the 35th graduation ceremony of the aviation candidates.

Their Majesties King Abdullah and Queen Rania watched an Air show performed by the Hawks of the Royal Air Forces which won the admiration of the attendance.

Upon arrival, His Majesty was received by HRH Prince Faisal Ben Al Hussein, HRH Prince Hamzah Ben Al Hussein, Prime Minister Marouf Bakhit, Chairman of Joint Chiefs of Staff Gen. Muhammad Jameel Sarayreh, the Commander of the Air Forces, and the Head of the Collage.

The Supreme Commander decorated the graduates with wings and distributed prizes to the winners.

The ceremony was attended by high ranking officials, senior officers, military attaches to Jordan, and the graduates' families.

I agree, he lost weight. not soooooo much, but his belly is thinner and he looks so young. maybe because he lost weight.:rolleyes:

This might seem like a silly question but, Do Prince Hamzah and Princess Noor have any children? Just curious

night jade said:
This might seem like a silly question but, Do Prince Hamzah and Princess Noor have any children? Just curious

Prince Hamzeh and Princess Noor do not have any children.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom