Language skills of the JRF

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
tipper said:
sorry to contradict u, but I have a speech in English ,at St. Paul's, during his late father Memorial, his English is very, very British, old- fashioned, really- I think he learnt it at Harrow, KH's accent was so bad, I spent years in UK, so I think I can c the difference.......
Ummmm,I have the same speech ;) but as I said,am an arab so you guys know better.Yes KH's accent was bad,he said so himslef because he learnt it,at first, in Egypt where they speak it in an odd,different way and couldn't "fix" later.

tipper said:
KA has himself said that his own father had provided him an arabic language tutor, but he used to hide whenever this teacher went to his school in Boston to teach him the language, he later regretted it as he never learnt Arabic well, he skipped to many lessons......
Yeah,that was the CNN interview if am not mistaken,forgot about it but I think it was too late to learn it.But he improved his arabic through the years.The first time I heard his arabic was during KH Memorial,he recited the Holly Qura'an in a horrible way,people mugged him for weeks because of that.At the Pan Arab Games,in the opening ceremony,he only said few words yet made a terrible grammer mistake.Now,he obviously got himself a tutor,huge difference between now and then,which leaves Faisal with his so-called-arabic.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jorja Fox said:
Yeah,that was the CNN interview if am not mistaken,forgot about it but I think it was too late to learn it.But he improved his arabic through the years.The first time I heard his arabic was during KH Memorial,he recited the Holly Qura'an in a horrible way,people mugged him for weeks because of that.At the Pan Arab Games,in the opening ceremony,he only said few words yet made a terrible grammer mistake.Now,he obviously got himself a tutor,huge difference between now and then,which leaves Faisal with his so-called-arabic.

was it terrible ? Hamzah's speech was lovely, I love that British accent, his English is so different from KH's and from Hashim's or from his own mum's- why did Feisal not learn Arabic, did he have a tutor, too, as Abdullah ? I have this thread where ppl from Jordan, back in 2000, say KA's Arabic is terrible, they complain he can't even speak his won language... I'm happy he found himself a tutor-what about Zein and Aisha ? or Alia's Arabic ?I can say that QR is fluent in English, but her accent is just awful.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom