King Abdullah & Queen Rania- News & Photo IX

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
polop said:
Oh, sorry. Haq-Meher is sort of a gift which the groom is suppose to give the bride during the course of their marriage.Haq-Meher is customary in Islam.Usually the haq-meher is paid off by money.For example, during the time of the Nikkha or the Islamic marriage certificate acknowleding the wedding of two persons, the bride and the groom decide upon what the haq-meher is suppose to be. Haq-meher, according to my knowledge, is the amount of money which the groom agrees to pay the wife. At the time of divorce, the husband MUST pay the haq-meher to which he promised to pay during the marriage. I hope I cleared it up a bit, otherwise Iam trying to find an article to give you a better understanding of what haq-meher really is.:) ;)

Oh okey,we call it Mahr :)

Lillia said:
Sounds like a dowry.

some people have called it that in English but thats incorrect. Its not a dowry.
Even my Islamic history prof. told us that.
Dowries aren't allowed in Islam.

~*~Humera~*~ said:
The Arabic members on this forum may not understand that word. The word "Haq-meher" or "Haq-i-Meher" is an Urdu word used by Muslims mostly in Pakistan, India etc.
The Arabic word for it must be different.
Its a gift as well as the amount of money that has to be given to the bride in case of a divorce. It can be a small amount or a large amount, it all depends on the financial situation of the groom.
Also, it would be rude and disrespectful to announce something so private to the public. So I doubt you'll find out how much royal brides or any Muslim bride gets. Such private matters are only known to the bride and groom and some of their family members.

Yea I thought it wasn't arabic,lol,well here it's called Al-Mahr المهر

~*~Humera~*~ said:
some people have called it that in English but thats incorrect. Its not a dowry.
Even my Islamic history prof. told us that.
Dowries aren't allowed in Islam.
what is a Dowry?:confused:

Some sort of either property or money given to the husband by the bride (bride's family) when getting married.

Alicky said:
Some sort of either property or money given to the husband by the bride (bride's family) when getting married.

oh,just like the Indian tradition?

Will Jordan's National Agenda push real reform?

King Abdullah II elicits guidelines, programs and strategies to re-shape country's political, educational and social welfare

The Daily Star Middle East | Samer Abu Libdeh

Beirut

Analysis

King Abdullah II's latest domestic reform initiative for Jordan - the National Agenda Committee - will soon release a series of major political recommendations. These proposals will provide the Jordanian government with a detailed framework to guide the reform process in coming years.
Complete

Jordan's Queen Rania Al-Abdullah (R) talks to Bedouin women and children September 21, 2005, as she visits the remote village of Jaber, one of the kingdom's most impoverished areas where unemployment and poverty is rampant. The Queen also met with a number of the village women listening to their needs as they spoke of their suffering and the harsh reality of living in poverty. REUTERS/Naser Ayoub

Attachments

• r439946269.jpg
    r439946269.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 878
  • r549978118.jpg
    r549978118.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 938
  • r899443046.jpg
    r899443046.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 882
  • r3682952328.jpg
    r3682952328.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 1,117
Thank you for the pictures, Humera. It's nice to see that she's at work again now she's back from her trip, although she must be exhausted after such a hectic week.

Jordan's Queen Rania (L) rides her bicycle with members of the Follow Women Foundation, which is campaigning for peace in the Middle East, near Jaber border, about 100 km (62 miles) north of the Jordanian capital Amman September 22, 2005. About 300 women from 34 countries are travelling on bicycles across Levant from Beirut to Ramalla in a bid for Arab-Israeli peace. REUTERS/Naser Ayoub

Attachments

• rtrlive054254.jpg
    rtrlive054254.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 715
  • rtrlive054252.jpg
    rtrlive054252.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 680
  • rtrlive054250.jpg
    rtrlive054250.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 730
nilah said:
Jordan's Queen Rania (L) rides her bicycle with members of the Follow Women Foundation, which is campaigning for peace in the Middle East, near Jaber border, about 100 km (62 miles) north of the Jordanian capital Amman September 22, 2005. About 300 women from 34 countries are travelling on bicycles across Levant from Beirut to Ramalla in a bid for Arab-Israeli peace. REUTERS/Naser Ayoub

they told about it in our vip news today :D

I saw similar pics yesterday of Asma al-Assad riding on her bike with those women.

King of Jordan Abdullah II to Meet Abbas, Sharon “in Days”

24 September 2005 | 19:53 | FOCUS News Agency

Amman. King of Jordan Abdullah II is to visit the Palestinian territories and Israel "in the next few days", the official Petra agency reported Saturday cited by AFP. He is going to meet Palestinian leader Mahmoud Abbas and Israeli Prime Minister Ariel Sharon.
http://www.focus-fen.net/index.php?catid=138&ch=0&newsid=72997

Hashemite Qawafel Al Khayer Kick off for Holy Month of Ramadan</FONT></STRONG>

Pet0835 4 0271 Hashemite Qawafel Al Khayer Kick off for Holy Month of Ramadan Aman/Sep.24(Petra)-- Upon the directives from His Majesty King Abdullah II Qawafel Al Khayr (the good conveys) started from the Royal Court, which came to embedded the Hashemite a good example followed in Holy Month of Ramadan every year to support poor families and provide them with basic daily needs. The Hashemite Qawafel Al Khayer (good conveys) include food stuff that meet the need of the a family for six months and is allocated for underprivileged families cross the country. 21,000 families cross the Kingdome will benefit from this aid distributed at Kingdom's governorates, north, central, south and south, north and central Badia as well as camps. His Majesty has ordered to expand the basis of beneficiaries from this endowment during the holy Month of Ramadan in solidarity of underprivileged families, particularly in this economic circumstances. Royal Court Secretary General, Yousef Hassan Al Essawi followed the launch and the preparation of conveys that heading towards north governorates. Wardat/Petra 242144 Local SEP 2005 
http://www.petra.gov.jo/nepras/2005/Sep/24/27750500.htm

QR visits the Pope with her husband, then goes to the US for a number of meetings and presentations, then is back at work in Jordan, taking care of her children and participating in a bike race!!!!! Where does she get her energy? I'm serious; I'd be beat at the end of one of these days--without the jet lag! She must be very disciplined as even QN complained about the constant jet lag and how difficult it could be to function with the disruption in her sleep schedule. Yes, she has assistants and help but they don't have to show up and be her, making the appearances and participating in events like the bike ride. Has QR ever said it gets a bit overwhelming at times?

I think it is impressive maryshawn. But I also think thats how active and hands on a modern Queen should be. There should be more to this role than just showing up an event holding flowers, opening exhibitions, museums etc. Sadly that seems to be the extent of the duties many of the European princesses and queens perform. Thats not a criticism on them in any way since the nature of the monarchy in Europe is so different. The ME is a different place however and its good to see its first ladies be so involved.

I was struck by the latest pictures too because Rania actually toured a little village, met with local women, children, and then joined the peace march all in one afternoon.

Some more pictures from Viennareport:

Attachments

• 0b.JPG
    0b.JPG
    53.1 KB · Views: 796
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 746
  • 0a.JPG
    0a.JPG
    23.8 KB · Views: 801
  • 1a.JPG
    1a.JPG
    63.9 KB · Views: 278
  • 1b.JPG
    1b.JPG
    57.1 KB · Views: 268
  • 1c.JPG
    1c.JPG
    72 KB · Views: 297
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 278
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 320
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 303
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 389
I'm surprised her make-up isn't running as she bikes.

~*~Humera~*~ said:
I think it is impressive maryshawn. But I also think thats how active and hands on a modern Queen should be. There should be more to this role than just showing up an event holding flowers, opening exhibitions, museums etc. Sadly that seems to be the extent of the duties many of the European princesses and queens perform. Thats not a criticism on them in any way since the nature of the monarchy in Europe is so different. The ME is a different place however and its good to see its first ladies be so involved.

I was struck by the latest pictures too because Rania actually toured a little village, met with local women, children, and then joined the peace march all in one afternoon.

Some more pictures from Viennareport:

thanks for the pix :)

dont know - QR looks so much like plastic....

King Stresses Jordan's Keenness on Unity of Iraqi People</STRONG></FONT>

Pet0953 4 0391 King Stresses Jordan's Keenness on Unity of Iraqi People Amman, Sep. 25(Petra)-- His Majesty King Abdullah II stressed Jordan's keenness on the unity of Iraqi people and building a unified and strong Iraq that provides a dignified life for its citizens. During his meeting with member of the Iraqi National Assembly Ammar Abdel Aziz Hakim on Sunday, the King noted that the success of Iraqis to preserve the unity and independence of their country is an interest and a priority to Jordan and Iraq as well. '' Jordan works on urging all Iraqi spectrums to involve in the political process and contribute to building a stable and secure Iraq,'' the King said. The King also expressed Jordan's readiness to provide every possible assistance and promote cooperation with Iraq to serve interests of both peoples. For his part, Hakim affirmed that His Majesty King Abdullah's strong ties with all spectra of Iraqi people are an essential factor in urging all Iraqis to engage in the political process, noting that King Abdullah's brotherly initiatives towards Iraqis reflect the strong bilateral relations. '' The Hashemite family's relations with Iraq are distinguished and very strong,'' Hakim said, who also pointed that Iraq looks forward to having strong relations with Jordan. He also clarified that we are keen on the unity of Iraq and work with all spectra, especially the Sunnis to build a stable and unified Iraq that achieves the aspirations of its people. //Petra// 251749 Local SEP 2005 

http://www.petra.gov.jo/nepras/2005/Sep/25/1240I.htm

King Meets British Delegation</FONT></STRONG>

Pet0971 4 0235 King Meets British Delegation Amman/Sep.25(Petra)-- His Majesty King Abdullah II on Sunday met with a delegation from British National Defense College. The King briefed the delegation on the latest developments and the key issues that encountering the Middle East, particularly the situation in Palestinian territories and Iraq. King Abdullah underscored that Jordan believes in a two-state solution based on a viable and independent Palestinian state in security and stability alongside with an Israeli state. The King indicated to the importance that the Israeli withdrawal from Gaza should be followed by other withdrawals from the West Bank till the whole articles of road map are implemented. His Majesty called for the int'l community to shoulder its responsibility in supporting the Palestinian Authority to build its strong economy and improve the living standard of its citizens. Wardat/Petra 251810 Local SEP 2005 

http://www.petra.gov.jo/nepras/2005/Sep/25/1242I.htm
http://www.petra.gov.jo/nepras/2005/Sep/25/1244I.htm

King to visit Palestinians, Israelis

HIS MAJESTY KING Abdullah is expected "in the coming few days" to visit the Palestinian territories and Israel for talks with President Mahmoud Abbas and Prime Minister Ariel Sharon on means to push the peace process forward, a Royal Court official said on Saturday.

http://www.jordantimes.com/sun/news/news1.htm

"Yes, she has assistants and help but they don't have to show up and be her, making the appearances and participating in events like the bike ride. Has QR ever said it gets a bit overwhelming at times?"

In the interview she did after the birth of Hashem with Hello, she spoke of how she wanted to slow down more after his birth and how hard it can be as a Queen.

Personally the jet lag alone would have knoked me out cold after such a busuy couple of weeks but she's ready, raring and eager to go, it seems.

I wonder if QR will be accompanying KA during his visit to Palestine and Israel. I'd love to see more of her on foreign visits with KA. There haven't been enough of those this year.I know she wants to be home more but she'll most likely be bringing little Hashem along anyway.
Princess Salma has probably started going to school by now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom