King Abdullah & Queen Rania- Current News & Photos XI

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
maryshawn said:
I really enjoy sharing stories like these about Queen Rania--and King Abdullah, of course (I cracked up at his comment about "why does no one want to style my hair????!!! He's got such a wry, amusing wit!)

It makes me think of the story JFK had when he and Jackie and Lyndon Johnson and his wife were on a trip together somewhere in the States. There was a press conference and JFK said, "Everybody always wants to know what Jackie will wear. How come nobody wants to know what Lyndon and I will wear?" :p

Oh, thank you, Alexandria!!! I'd forgotten about JFKs quote about this. He had such an amusing wit, too. I once saw a video of outtakes of press conferences and he dealt with questions with such ease and humor! That was a classic! :)

quote=Alexandria]It makes me think of the story JFK had when he and Jackie and Lyndon Johnson and his wife were on a trip together somewhere in the States. There was a press conference and JFK said, "Everybody always wants to know what Jackie will wear. How come nobody wants to know what Lyndon and I will wear?" :p[/quote]

maryshawn said:
Isn't it fascinating to see? It's like another small glimpse into a person..... It seems we both have an affinity for handwriting. Hope you can make out QR's handwriting OK!:)

Yea think u soo much for the scans,ur the best!
THe handwriting is interesting...but what I loved so much,is the view from her office,look at it,I didn't think Amman looks that lovely,it is Amman,isn't it?:eek: :p

maryshawn said:
I liked the anecdote, too. It was a pleasant surprise for a Friday afternoon.

Forgot to mention the only other thing the doctor said she'd heard. Their mutual friend said one of the women present was talking about cutting off her hair and Rania interjected "no, don't do it." She said longer hair allows you to have the best of all worlds as you can wear it up if you want it to look shorter. Then she said something about "with small children and any mom's schedule, it's so easy to pull back in a ponytail and still look OK." She said Iman and Salma love to play with her hair and her hair has been subjected to their "styling" sessions. I can easily see this happening. And it's another example of how much she loves being a mom and how well she gets along with her kids.......Very cute!!!!:) Then, KA said in mock-sadness "I just don't understand why they don't want to style my hair!" and laughed!

LOL this is very cute :p

maryshawn said:
I What also has impressed me is that they have a close circle of friends from waaaay back--and continue to make sure those ties remain intact. Surely, these friends return this loyalty--as evidenced by the fact this one woman shared just a few anecdotes, the kind Queen Rania wouldn't mind being shared as they are the types of things one might comment on after a visit with any friend!

well,I guess whether Royalty or not friends are meant to keep each others' secrets,but in this case when ur dealing with sm1 famous,U should count to ten before saying anything to strangers about their personal life,not everything can be said I guess,smtimes some people use those "so called insiders' news" to hurt those famous people or maybe make a big deal out of it and twist the facts,I think it gets harder when dealing with Royalty,cuz it can cause serious trouble...well,at least I THINK it's harder dealing with them,I never dealt with a royalty,so I am only assuming,LOL. (Typical me,I guess,I always assume things happen,:eek: :D )

It is Amman she's looking at from her palace office at their new home. Thanks for pointing it out. I saw it and also thought this is so lovely! They must be up on a hill or ridge overlooking the city......I would guess.

Humera did a great job of getting the scans looking great and posted! I appreciate it very much!:)

lil Monkey said:
Yea think u soo much for the scans,ur the best!
THe handwriting is interesting...but what I loved so much,is the view from her office,look at it,I didn't think Amman looks that lovely,it is Amman,isn't it?:eek: :p

I have a question: are you sure that this is rania's real hndwriting... because i have the feeling these are just printing letters on a yellow paper which are different from the ones used for the article, but in no way rania's handwriting

maryshawn said:
It is Amman she's looking at from her palace office at their new home. Thanks for pointing it out. I saw it and also thought this is so lovely! They must be up on a hill or ridge overlooking the city......I would guess.

Humera did a great job of getting the scans looking great and posted! I appreciate it very much!:)

And Many thanks yo Humera aswell :)

Jordan's Queen Rania speaks to a group of Jordanian and international students at the 4th annual session of the Amman Model United Nations (AMMUN) in Amman, Jordan, Sunday, Nov. 20, 2005. The conference discuss the key role of youth in addressing the global challenge of terrorism and extremist ideology. POLFOTO

Attachments

• 17pd.jpg
    17pd.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 488
  • AP473350_guest.jpg
    AP473350_guest.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 366
At Getty Images there is a series of photos with the following title:

LOS ANGELES - NOVEMBER 19: Women For Women International Honoring Queen Rania of Jordan at the Regent Beverly Wilshire Hotel on November 19, 2005 in Los Angeles, California. (Photo by Michael Buckner/Getty Images)
There are photos of Zainab Salbi, President and Founder of Women for Women International, and actresses such as Melissa Fitzgerald, Roma Maffia, and Joely Richardson in attendance.

I have not seen any pictures of Rania however. Does anyone know anything about this event and who the previous recipients or honourees of this event are?

Here are the related links at Getty for the image series:
Getty 1
Getty 2

Last edited:
Alexandria I posted info. about this event on page 3,
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/325397-post47.html
unfortunately because of the attacks in Amman QR had to cancel her trip and couldnt attend this event along with the John Paul II legacy dinner.

This was the first annual Women of the World Awards Gala so Queen Rania is the first to receive the award. She is the organization's global ambassador.

Jordan's Queen Rania speaks at a student debate on terrorism in Amman November 20, 2005. REUTERS/Ali Jarekji

Attachments

• r942446723.jpg
    r942446723.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 425
  • r4113980212.jpg
    r4113980212.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 429
  • r1423231427.jpg
    r1423231427.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 324
Last edited:
~*~Humera~*~ said:
Alexandria I posted info. about this event on page 3,
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/325397-post47.html
unfortunately because of the attacks in Amman QR had to cancel her trip and couldnt attend this event along with the John Paul II legacy dinner.

This was the first annual Women of the World Awards Gala so Queen Rania is the first to receive the award. She is the organization's global ambassador.

Thanks Humera; I must've missed your original post.

It's nice however that they still honoured Rania even though she could not attend. I'm sure Rania appreciated such an honour and the terrorist incident is evidence of what a "woman of the world" Rania is! :)

Thank you for all the photos and information everybody, especially Humera and cute_girl.

PS- I love your avatar, Humera.

Last edited:
King Meets Bahraini Crown Prince</STRONG>
Pet0798 4 0206 King Meets Bahraini Crown Prince Amman, Nov. 20 (Petra) -- His Majesty King Abdullah II met on Sunday with Bahraini Crown Prince, Prince Selman Ben Hamad Al Khalifa, who arrived in Jordan on Saturday. Prince Selman expressed condemnation over the terrorist attacks, reiterating his country's support for Jordan in this time. King Abdullah expressed thanks for the brotherly stands of Bahrain, hailing the stands of His Majesty King Hamad Ben Eisa Al Khalifa of Bahrain towards Jordan. His Majesty reiterated that Islam will beat terrorists, who try to distort the tolerant image of Islam, calling for greater Arab and international cooperation in war against terrorists. Prince Selman, who departed Amman, was seen off at the airport by His Majesty the King and HRH Prince Ali Ben Al Hussein. //Petra// 201731 Local NOV 2005 
http://www.petra.gov.jo/nepras/2005/Nov/20/28934300.htm

King Congratulates President of Lebanon</STRONG>
Pet0847 4 0117 King Congratulates President of Lebanon For Papers Use Only..................... Amman, Nov. 21 (Petra) -- His Majesty King Abdullah II on Monday sent a cable to President Emile Lahoud of Lebanon congratulating him in his name and on behalf of the Jordanian people and government on the occasion of his country's Independence Day. King Abdullah wished President Lahoud continued good health and happiness and the people of Lebanon further progress and prosperity. //Petra// 211705 Local NOV 2005 
http://www.petra.gov.jo/nepras/2005/Nov/21/28979100.htm

you're welcome Little_star, I love your avatar too, very cute:)

Queen Rania speaks to youth

AMMAN (JT) — Her Majesty Queen Rania on Sunday joined a group of Jordanian and international students for the 4th annual session of the Amman Model United Nations (AMMUN) Conference to discuss the key role of youth in addressing the global challenges of terrorism and extremism.

This year's conference was scheduled to include over 20 schools from Jordan and around the world. Due to the bombings in Amman earlier this month, however, several countries cancelled their participation.

http://www.jordantimes.com/mon/homenews/homenews2.htm

I was surprised to read this in KA's profile on his website:

"He had also assumed the position of Crown Prince at birth by a Royal Decree until April 1st, 1965"
http://www.kingabdullah.jo/main.php?main_page=0&lang_hmka1=1

I didnt know about this until now. I had assumed that Prince Hassan had been Crown Prince from the beginning (ie, since before Prince Abdullah's birth)
Its quite interesting. Prince Abdullah was Crown Prince for the first 3 years of his life. KH must've always had Abdullah in mind as CP but politically and security-wise it wouldn't have been easy to have someone so young in that position at that time and so Prince Hassan had to take over the role from his nephew. Im actually surprised that he remained CP for the next 30 years or so and Prince Abdullah didnt assume the role as soon as he was of age. But KH's marriages to Queen Alia and then Noor might, in part, explain the delay. Naturally the two women would've wanted their sons to be proclaimed CP.

newe.....

:) :) ....the Duke of luxembourg arrive to amman ......:) :)

"I didnt know about this until now. I had assumed that Prince Hassan had been Crown Prince from the beginning (ie, since before Prince Abdullah's birth)
Its quite interesting. Prince Abdullah was Crown Prince for the first 3 years of his life. KH must've always had Abdullah in mind as CP but politically and security-wise it wouldn't have been easy to have someone so young in that position at that time and so Prince Hassan had to take over the role from his nephew. Im actually surprised that he remained CP for the next 30 years or so and Prince Abdullah didnt assume the role as soon as he was of age. But KH's marriages to Queen Alia and then Noor might, in part, explain the delay. Naturally the two women would've wanted their sons to be proclaimed CP."

You learn something new every day! I'd always been under the impresion that the change from Prince Hassan to Abdullah was very sudden and quite dramatic, but it seems it was always in the pipeline and Prince Hassan wasn't stripped off his title as harshly as people often make out. Perhaps, that may be why Hassan has maintained a dignified silence over the whole issue?

King meets President of EU Economic and Social Council</STRONG>
Pet1045 4 0383 King meets President of EU Economic and Social Council Amman/ Nov.21/(Petra)--His Majesty King Abdullah II has said convening the Euro-Med Economic and Social councils summit meeting in Amman with this large scale participation in the wake of Nov. 9 terrorist attacks confirms the world's confidence in the secure and stable atmosphere in Jordan. King Abdullah was speaking during a meeting on Monday with EU Economic and Social Council (EESC) Anne-Marie Sigmond, who is currently on a visit to Jordan to take part in the conference. Participants in the meeting, held for the first time in an eastern country, will discuss among other topics, working papers assessing development the Barcelona Process on its 10th anniversary. The King affirmed his support to Barcelona declaration, which he said has opened broader areas for cooperation between countries of the Mediterranean. On her part, Sigmond said Jordan is one of the leading countries that encourage regional cooperation and highly appreciated King Abdullah's effort in this regard. She strongly condemned the terrorist attacks on three hotels in Amman on Nov. 9 and expressed her condolences over victims of the attacks. In the meantime, King Abdullah expressed his thanks to the European economic and social councils for their assistance to Jordan Labor Ministry to help it establish the Jordanian Economic and Social Council. The and Sigmond commended the close friendly ties linking Jordan with the Euro-Med countries 212004 Local NOV 2005 
http://www.petra.gov.jo/nepras/2005/Nov/21/28980400.htm

Bestselling author Vince Flynn (right) presenting Jordanian King Abdullah II a copy of his latest book Consent To Kill during a recent trip to Amman. (PRNewsFoto)

NEW YORK, NY USA 11/21/2005

NEW YORK, Nov. 21 /PRNewswire/ -- Bestselling author Vince Flynn presentsJordanian King Abdullah II a copy of his latest book Consent To Kill during arecent trip to Amman. His Majesty, who is a fan of Flynn's novels, invitedthe Minneapolis native to be his guest at his palace.http://www.prnewswire.com/cgi-bin/stories.pl?ACCT=104&STORY=/www/story/11-21-2005/0004220836&EDATE=

Last edited by a moderator:
Little_star said:
You learn something new every day! I'd always been under the impresion that the change from Prince Hassan to Abdullah was very sudden and quite dramatic, but it seems it was always in the pipeline and Prince Hassan wasn't stripped off his title as harshly as people often make out. Perhaps, that may be why Hassan has maintained a dignified silence over the whole issue?

I know! I've been to KA's website many times but this was the first time I noticed the part about him being Crown Prince until 1965.
It shouldnt be that much of a surprise to me though because thats how things work in most monarchies. Granted the security situation would've been fragile at the time but I think that King Hussein's various marriages did a lot to complicate things when it came to the succession.
The marriage with Muna ended in divorce, had Alia been alive she'd have wanted Ali to be King, and had KH still been alive, Hamzah might've been the one.
But I guess Abdullah was destined to fill the position he had occupied at birth.

"Surry Woman Joins Rwandan Dance/Singing Troupe

Daigle also is learning the traditional Rwandan language of Kinyarwanda, dance and some customs. As part of Samputu Ingeli, Daigle and another woman will join the three male artists in performances around the globe. In fact, next month, they will perform for the King of Jordan at the World Culture Open, where Daigle hopes to have a few minutes to talk to Queen Rania about the foundation and its mission."

To read the complete article, just click on the link

http://www.ellsworthamerican.com/archive/2005/11-17-05/ea_news9_11-17-05.html

Central Africa President concludes visit to Jordan</STRONG>
Pet1117 4 0076 Central Africa President concludes visit to Jordan Amman/ Nov. 22/ (Petra)-- President of Central African Fran?ois Bozize left Amman Tuesday concluding a three-day visit to Jordan during which he held talks with His Majesty King Abdullah II bilateral relations, situation in the region and issues of Afro-Arab cooperation. Injadat/ Petra 222259 Local NOV 2005 
http://www.petra.gov.jo/nepras/2005/Nov/22/29001800.htm

King receives letter from PLF Secretary General condemning terrorist attacks in Amman</STRONG>
Pet1081 4 0199 King receives letter from PLF Secretary General condemning terrorist attacks in Amman Only for newspapers Amman/ Nov. 22/ (Petra)-- His Majesty King Abdullah II has received a letter from Secretary General of Palestine Liberation Front (PLF) Omar Shebli Abu Ahmed in which he expressed outrage and and condemnation of the cowardly terrorist crime in Amman which claimed lives of many innocent people and wounded many others. Abu Ahmed expressed his solidarity and that of the PLF cadres with Jordan and expressed condolences over victims of the terror attack. The PLF Central Committee also condemned the terrorist attacks and expressed solidarity with Jordan's and its leadership. "The only one who benefits from these cowardly operations are foes of the Arab nation," said a statement issued by the committee. Injadat/ Petra 222140 Local NOV 2005 
http://www.petra.gov.jo/nepras/2005/Nov/22/29001400.htm

King receives British Army Chief of Staff</STRONG>

Pet1057 4 0115 King receives British Army Chief of Staff Only for newspapers Amman/ Nov. 22/ (Petra)-- His Majesty King Abdullah II on Tuesday met British Army Chief of Staff General Michael Jackson, who is currently on a visit to Jordan. Talks during the meeting, which was attended by Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Lt. General Khaled Sarayreh and British Ambassador in Amman, dealt with areas of defense and military cooperation between Jordan and Britain. Injadat/ Petra 222030 Local NOV 2005 

http://www.petra.gov.jo/nepras/2005/Nov/22/29000400.htm

"Granted the security situation would've been fragile at the time but I think that King Hussein's various marriages did a lot to complicate things when it came to the succession.
The marriage with Muna ended in divorce, had Alia been alive she'd have wanted Ali to be King, and had KH still been alive, Hamzah might've been the one.
But I guess Abdullah was destined to fill the position he had occupied at birth"

Very true, I had always found it a bit strange that Prince Hassan was the Crown Prince, especially as King Hussein had no shortage of sons to succeed him, even if a girl were not allowed (is that the case in Jordan?).
Did King Hussein actually divorce Muna? I've always heard speculation that they were never divorced.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom