King Abdullah and Queen Rania Current Events Part 35: September 2014 - May 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited:
King meets US Army official, attends military drill

Amman, Apr 13 (Petra) -- His Majesty King Abdullah II, the Supreme Commander of the Jordan Armed Forces- Arab Army, on Wednesday, met with Commander of United States Central Command, General Joseph Votel.

The meeting, which was attended by His Majesty's Adviser for Military Affairs, Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, Gen. Mashal Al Zabin, and His Royal Highness Prince Faisal Bin Al Hussein, focused on the latest regional and international developments.

King Abdullah, accompanied by Gen. Votel, the army chief and Prince Faisal, attended a military drill that was carried out by the 30th Hussein Bin Ali Special Mission Brigade.

Watch the weekly wrap up of His Majesty King Abdullah II key activities during the week 10 - 14 April 2016

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qDFT4CeiqZA

King condoles Ecuador's president over earthquake victims

Amman, April 17 (Petra)--His Majesty King Abdullah II on Sunday sent a cable of condolences to President of the Ecuador Rafael Vicente Correa over the loss of life in the earthquake that hit Ecuador's Pacific coast- north west of the capital Quito on Saturday.
In the cable, the King expressed his condolences and sympathies to President Correa and wished the injured a speedy recovery.

Last edited:
King: Jordan eyes closer economic ties with Singapore
mman, Apr 17 (Petra) –– His Majesty King Abdullah II Sunday welcomed Singapore's Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong and said Jordan looks forward to expanding ties with the southeast Asian country in economic and investment fields.
During the meeting, held at Al Husseiniyeh Palace in the attendance of Prime Minister Abdullah Ensour, the King urged the governments of both countries to explore further prospects for joint economic cooperation and to build on the free trade agreement linking them "in a manner that helps to open new markets for their exports and to boost trade exchange between them".

King meets Patriarch Theophilos III of Jerusalem
Amman, April 17 (Petra) -- His Majesty King Abdullah II, Sunday, received Patriarch Theophilos III of Jerusalem, at a meeting that tackled the King's efforts to safeguard the Islamic and Christian holy sites in the city.

King patronizes World Interfaith Harmony Week prize ceremony.

Amman, Apr 17 (Petra) –– His Majesty King Abdullah Sunday patronized the annual award ceremony of the King Abdullah II World Interfaith Harmony Week Prize, which seeks to spread awareness and understanding among religious dialogue groups via holding various international activities and events.

Royal Court Photos:

https://www.facebook.com/RHCJO/posts/965859190130528

If thats true, that would be nice for her to so as she talks so much about the refugees, meeting them would put more insight to their situation.

Does she need to go that far to see the refugees ?? There are already two full camps in her own country. I think it will be better if she starts with Zatari camp for example.

Last edited:
After Pope's visit to Lesvos, I instantly made the thought that also QR could come to see and the other day I saw it in some news sites. It was expected for me. All the influential persons which have visited greek islands try to make people to concern about this huge problem. It is devastating to hear every day for babies lost in the sea...really devastating, unbearable. Every person must help with his own way

Last edited:
Does she need to go that far to see the refugees ?? There are already two full camps in her own country. I think it will be better if she starts with Zatari camp for example.

True, she could but if she visits refugee's in a different country, I personally think it makes a better media coverage.

True, she could but if she visits refugee's in a different country, I personally think it makes a better media coverage.

Me too ,but i think this visit will cost her alot of criticism inside Jordan because since the beginning of the Syrian crisis five years ago she never visited any of the camps in Jordan. As we all know,specially now days ,the refuge crisis is a major issue for Jordanians as their government statistics indicate that the Syrian refugees now making up a high proportion of Kingdom`s population.

Last edited:
:previous:
i totally agre with you Rossina,there is nothing bad in visiting refugees in othere countries i think it's right move after talking so much about them these last months but she should first visit their camps in Jordan almost everyone has visited expect her and giving her humanitarian statue around the world it's abit strange,there is no doubt her visit to greece if it happen will bring alot of covereage but will also bring to her criticism especially some inside jordan are criticising her for nothing and everything.

I agree with you. She could have visited the Zaatari camp there Syrian people also have a bad conditions.

Queen Rania checks on services in northern Badiya.

Amman, April 18 (Petra) -- Her Majesty Queen Rania Al Abdullah visited Al Koum Al Ahmar village in Al Mafraq Governorate on Monday to check on its schools and meet with residents and local figures there, as part of her community outreach efforts.

Her Majesty examined living conditions in the village, and listened to representatives from a local charity organization highlight the urgency for much-needed assistance.

QR`s Facebook photos:

https://www.facebook.com/QueenRania/posts/10153389217830826

King visits Rapid Response Unit.

Amman, April 18 (Petra)-- His Majesty King Abdullah II, the Supreme Commander of the Jordan Armed Forces on Monday, visited the Rapid Response Unit (Desert Eagle) which was formed through royal directives to be a self-sufficient, flexible and highly mobile unit that can carry out its missions day and night in various weather conditions.

Royal court Facebook photos:
https://www.facebook.com/RHCJO/posts/966440916739022

Last edited:
Queen Rania visits Al Khansa’a Secondary School for Girls to observe the new teachers’ training program implemented by the Queen Rania Teacher Academy and the Ministry of Education
Amman, Jordan/ 19 April 2016

https://www.facebook.com/QueenRania/posts/10153390646585826

Queen Rania observes Novice Teacher Training at secondary school
Amman, Apr 19 (Petra) – Her Majesty Queen Rania Al Abdullah visited Al Khansa Secondary School for Girls on Tuesday and attended part of Queen Rania Teacher Academy’s (QRTA) Novice Teacher Training. The program is being implemented at the school by the Ministry of Education, and is designed by QRTA in partnership with Global Affairs Canada.

Queen Rania met with QRTA CEO Haif Banayyan, who explained that the training is offered to new teachers with three or less years of experience and aims to develop their skills in seven different fields. These range from classroom management and interactive teaching, to technology implementation in teaching, assessment techniques, and psychological awareness, according to Banayyan.

Last edited:
April 19th:
His Majesty King Abdullah II receives French President François Hollande at Al Husseinyieh Palace:
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.966915470024900.1073741918.383533738363079&type=3

French president starts official visit to Jordan
Amman, April 19 (Petra)-- French President Francois Hollande on Tuesday, arrived in Amman on an official visit to the Kingdom, during which he will hold talks with His Majesty King Abdullah II.

The talks will focus on ways to boost Jordanian-French cooperation and partnership in various fields, means to promote regional stability and efforts to combat terrorism.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JlOoIPX5AUg&feature=youtu.be

Last edited:
According to a Royal Court official anouncement (which I have not find yet) Queen Rania will visit Lesvos island on Monday, April 25, 2016. She will visit Kara Tepe refugee camp, strictly for 2 hours, from 12.30 to 14.30 and she will not answer any questions.She will also meet with International Rescue Committee, a humanitarian organization, who invited QRania to visit Lesvos.

http://greece.greekreporter.com/2016/04/19/queen-rania-of-jordan-to-visit-lesvos-next-week/

Last edited:
According to a Royal Court official anouncement (which I have not find yet) Queen Rania will visit Lesvos island on Monday, April 25, 2016. She will visit Kara Tepe refugee camp, strictly for 2 hours, from 12.30 to 14.30 and she will not answer any questions.She will also meet with International Rescue Committee, a humanitarian organization, who invited QRania to visit Lesvos.

Queen Rania of Jordan to Visit Lesvos Next Week | GreekReporter.com

So far, there is no official statement from the royal court but the Queen`s visit was confirmed by the Embassy of Jordan in Athens & AFP sources.

So far, there is no official statement from the royal court but the Queen`s visit was confirmed by the Embassy of Jordan in Athens & AFP sources.

A Greek reliable news site (http://www.ethnos.gr/diethni/arthro...sbo_h_basilissa_rania_tis_iordanias-64364469/) referred about Royal Court's official statement but as I said I searched but I found nothing. They may mean the Jordan Embassy's in Athens affirmation about the visit. Sure there is some kind of statement which we don't know, a statement with all these details about the duration of the visit, strictly two hours, at Kara Tepe camp only etc

Last edited:
I really find it strange that there is no official statement yet. Tomorrow is the day when QR is supposed to visit the island. I really doubt it.
Dont worry dear. I think they will release the statement tomorrow after the visit. Sometimes the royal court & Petra are not announcing any info or details about the queen`s abroad visits. At least this time we have a confirmation from AFP & Greek reliable sources.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom