King Abdullah and Queen Rania Current Events Part 35: September 2014 - May 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

So, you were right, Salma. QR came at last. It is a hell. A little baby about 3 years old was found dead in the net of a fisherman...activists has no where to put a drawn baby and they used a schoolbag... Very hard situation, horrible.

Last edited:
Queen Rania visits refugee camp in Greece and calls for a collective global

Amman, April 25 (Petra)-- Her Majesty Queen Rania Al Abdullah called for a collective global response to the growing refugee crisis, explaining that its impact is much greater than any one country or any one region’s capacity to cope.

The Queen made these statements during a visit to the Kara Tepe refugee camp on the Greek island of Lesbos on Monday in her capacity as advocate for the International Rescue Committee (IRC), where she also met with several refugees.

King Abdullah II visits Saudi Arabia:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.971159352933845.1073741919.383533738363079&type=3
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L3Yobug6E8I

King, Saudi Monarch hold talks in Riyadh

Riyadh, April 27 (Petra)--His Majesty King Abdullah II and Saudi Monarch Salman Bin Abdul Aziz Al Saud held talks in the Saudi capital Riyadh on Wednesday, that focused on the latest developments in the region, and means to address them to achieve the common interests of both countries.

The discussions also dealt with Jordanian-Saudi ties and means to further boost them in various domains.

Last edited:
King Abdullah II meets with Pakistani army chief, 26 April 2016

Amman, April 26 (Petra) -- His Majesty King Abdullah II, Tuesday, welcomed at the Al Husainiyah Palace, the Pakistani Army Chief Gen. Raheel Sharif, and discussed with him cooperation between the two countries in various fields, particularly in the military domain.

The meeting was attended by HRH Prince Faisal Bin Al Hussein and the King's Advisor for Military Affairs and Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff.

30 April 2016, the Bloomberg Vanity Fair White House Correspondents' Association (WHCA) dinner afterparty in Washington, D.C.

Queen Rania Al-Abdullah of Jordan, left, and Lynn Forester de Rothschild, founder and chief executive officer of ELR Holdings Ltd., attend the Bloomberg Vanity Fair White House Correspondents' Association (WHCA) dinner afterparty in Washington, D.C., U.S., on Saturday, April 30, 2016. The 102nd WHCA raises money for scholarships and honors the recipients of the organization's journalism awards.

King returns home following visit to UAE

Amman, May 2 (Petra)--His Majesty King Abdullah II returned home on Monday following a visit to the United Arab Emirates (UAE) during which he met with
His Highness Sheikh Mohammed bin Zayed Al Nahyan, Crown Prince of Abu Dhabi and Deputy Supreme Commander of the UAE Armed Forces.

Salma,
I mean she is going to visit the states again this month & for the third time in less than two months to attend the graduation.

I understood you Rossina, I wanted to say that it´s normal that a mother attends her son´s graduation but lately she has visited the States to non relavnt engagements.

Last edited by a moderator:
The dress is lovely. But I can not see well the bottom part. Did she add a tissue inside? Because the catwalk version is very "see through"

She has returned to her old habits

Queen Rania attends the Manus x Machin at Metropolitan Museum of Art on May 2, 2016 in New York City

I am bit shocked to see her back at her old habits of attending glamorous or superficial events...I personally enjoy this type of events but it doesn't look good when she has been campaigning for more help (financial etc) for the refugees in her country...it's her freedom of course but still.

It was unfortunate that Queen Rania dragged Crown Prince Hussein with her.

Queen Rania never understood what society events were appropriate for her to attend. She just enjoys hobnobbing with famous people.

Last edited:
Sure I can understand she visits the States to attend CP Hussein´s graduation but no that type of engagements.
maybe she will stay until prince Hussein graduation and attends more events.
what the Met Gala is about?i mean its charity event or what exactly because i don't understand the concept of Queen attending sush event?

maybe she will stay until prince Hussein graduation and attends more events.
what the Met Gala is about?i mean its charity event or what exactly because i don't understand the concept of Queen attending sush event?
No, because on May 17th she will visit Belgium with king Abdullah II. The royal court has just announced that on Facebook with a new portrait for them:

https://www.facebook.com/RHCJO/photos/a.393170040732782.82254.383533738363079/974542452595535/?type=3&theater

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom