King Abdullah & Queen Rania: Current Events Part 23

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
yes its more common in the middle east although western women sometimes use that trick as well, so do asian women, either because they think their lips are thin or because they want their lips to look dramatic for a formal event.
I actually like it when Rania puts on dramatic eye makeup for a formal event. I doesnt happen much, at least not recently. Her makeup at the 2002 Arab Women's summit was stunning. It was quite dramatic but done in a tasteful way with a simple pant suit. Its still one of my all time favourite looks.
In the case of the recent UNESCO event, my guess is Rania went with more dramatic makeup since she was wearing a simple black dress. Although I wish she didnt wear brown lipstick/gloss so much, it can make her skin look dull at times.

Last edited:
Oman, Jordan Strive To Save the Lives of Motorists, Pedestrians

In the Middle East, Oman and Jordan are taking aggressive action to limit the carnage on the roadways. . .
. . . JORDAN’S TRAFFIC AWARENESS CAMPAIGN
Jordan is supporting a road safety campaign under the patronage of Queen Rania Al-Abdulla with the slogan “Imagine Life without You.” US Department of State

King Invites Palestinian, Israeli and US Officials to Discuss Peace Process

Amman, April 13 (Petra) – His Majesty King Abdullah II sent official invitation for Knesset Speaker Dalia Itzik and a number of Israeli peace supporters to visit Jordan and meet with King Abdullah by the end of this week. Petra

I have to agree that putting on lip liner like that is never a good idea, she looks much better without it or really toned down. I just never think lip liner no matter how well applied looks well....natural. I don't think it does her any favours her lips are fine as they are.

Also, sometimes her eye make up can be quite dramatic perhaps a little too much so. She has fantastic eyes and she really doesn't need to go overboard in that area. In fact her dress, make up and hair all seem to be designed more for an evening event than a UNESCO meeting. I've seen her look more toned down and natural at similar events and that's the look she should stick with (and usually does nowadays).

Then again, we all can have "blips" in the way we dress or put on make up - if someone as beautiful as Rania can slip up sometimes then there is hope for us all!

I wonder sometimes how she could feel if she should read all these comments about the lip liner etc. It must be unbearable to be judged every moment. I found her appearance at Unesco just beautiful and decent, I observed nothing bad, I don't believe there was something wrong with the lip liner. I saw the video and I admired her behaviour, the way she talked to the other people, I admired how she was respected, that the event was for her country to be honored. I admired that a young and model look woman is respected so much for her work. Yes, she wants to be stunning but she also does great work, she combines these two things with great success, she wants to be perfect in any field and the same time she is very low profile and wants more things from herself. QR without this beautiful character she has , she would be a common woman and we wouldn't have no interest in her.

snowwhite said:
In fact her dress, make up and hair all seem to be designed more for an evening event than a UNESCO meeting.

The UNESCO goodwill ambassadors annual meeting/"Night of Jordanian Treasures" show was an evening event.
check out some of the other guests:

Queen Rania and Lalla Meryem of Morocco
Queen Rania and Cecilia Sarkozy
Queen Rania and the first lady of Azerbaijan, Mehriban Aliyeva
First lady of Azerbaijan, Sheikh Ghassan and Princess Firyal of Jordan (click on the picture preview for its original size)

More from the UNESCO website:

Her Majesty Queen Rania Al-Abdullah of Jordan visits UNESCO on the occasion of the show "Night of Jordanian Treasures" and the 2007 Goodwill Ambassadors Meeting

03-04-2007 10:00 pm On the occasion of the Annual Meeting of Goodwill Ambassadors, Her Majesty Queen Rania Al-Abdullah of Jordan visited UNESCO on 3 April. During her visit, a cooperation agreement was signed between UNESCO and the Jordan River Foundation, which she chairs. “The Night of Jordanian Treasures”, a performance of Jordanian dances and music in Queen Rania’s presence followed the signing. UNESCO

On the occasion of the 7th Annual Meeting of UNESCO Goodwill Ambassadors, Her Majesty Queen Rania Al-Abdullah of Jordan visits the Organization’s Headquarters

04-04-2007 6:00 pm On 3 April 2007, Mr Koïchiro Matsuura, the Director-General of UNESCO, opened the 7th Annual Meeting of UNESCO Goodwill Ambassadors at the Organization’s Headquarters. UNESCO

King Meets Former Portuguese President
News

Humera said:
I actually like it when Rania puts on dramatic eye makeup for a formal event. I doesnt happen much, at least not recently. Her makeup at the 2002 Arab Women's summit was stunning. It was quite dramatic but done in a tasteful way with a simple pant suit. Its still one of my all time favourite looks.

do you have a picture?could you please post it?

LeoMama said:
When I finished watching the royal tour I was amazed by king Abdullah, he is so simple that you forget that this man is the king of Jordan. I think he is the first king or leader did something like that he is so smart to view his country like that. I respect his work.:flowers:

I totally I agree with you, I have been an admirer of his work since he ascended to the throne in 1999. I love Jordan and his work because of the moderate policies he provides for his country and foriegn relations.

asturiana said:
Queen Rania visits Um al-Rassas area (April 15)

Pictures from yahoo! news
Thanks for the photos, they are very lovely, particularly the one with the little girl.

Amman, April 16, (Petra) His Majesty King Abdullah II on Monday looked into a number of pioneering agricultural projects which he formerly ordered studying and carrying out in a number of underprivileged areas to sustain development in these areas and improve living conditions of local residents.
LINK

Amman, April 16, (Petra) His Majesty King Abdullah II underlined the necessity to set a working mechanism to reinvigorate the Arab peace initiative as a base for realizing just and durable that can be acceptable to parties in the region.
During a meeting with a group of Palestinian peace activists on Monday, King Abdullah noted the significant role of peace activists in the Palestinian areas, Israel and other countries concerned with the peace making in the region
LINK

niki said:
Still don't understand why she would want to look like that! She just seems to be trying so hard sometimes. It just makes her look like she really cares about what other people are saying about her, and she shouldn't you know what I mean. It seems a little insecure to over do it like that. But, that's just my humble opinion.
I really don't see how experimenting with make-up makes a person insecure?! I'm trying to get it but am failing to see the connection.....

dazzling said:
do you have a picture?could you please post it?
here you go:
AWS 2002

Queen calls for expanding JAU, upgrading its facilities

AMMAN (JT) — Her Majesty Queen Rania on Monday called for expanding the Jordan Applied University (JAU) College of Hospitality and Tourism Education to meet the growing demand for workers in this key sector.
During a visit to JAU, previously known as the Ammon College, Queen Rania stressed the need to expand the institution and upgrade its facilities to increase the number of its graduates and boost their potential. Jordan Times

Amman (dpa) - Jordan's King Abdullah II urged Washington on Tuesday to balance the tilt in Iraq's political equation as a prerequisite to restoring stability to the war-torn country.
LINK

US Defence Secretary Robert Gates on Tuesday was to meet Jordan's King Abdullah II on a tour aimed at rallying support for Iraq's government and countering Iran's growing influence in the Middle East.
LINK

thanx for the queen rania jordan visit links little star..thos pics where new to me
greetings
steve

Amman, April 18 (Petra)-- Her Majesty Queen Rania Al-Abdullah chaired the Jordan River Foundation's board meeting, Wednesday, where the board discussed the foundation's strategic plan progress for 2007.

LINK

Amman, April 18 (Petra)— His Majesty King Abdullah II on Wednesday made a telephone with Israeli Prime Minister Ehud Olmert.
LINK

Amman, April 18, (Petra) His Majesty King Abdullah II on Wednesday made a telephone call with King Abdullah Bin Abdel Aziz of Saudi Arabia,
LINK

Last edited by a moderator:
Little_star said:
Amman, April 18 (Petra)-- Her Majesty Queen Rania Al-Abdullah chaired the Jordan River Foundation's board meeting, Wednesday, where the board discussed the foundation's strategic plan progress for 2007.

LINK
Picture of the JRF meeting from Petra:
Photo

Last edited:
AMMAN: Forty Nobel laureates and other prominent figures are to meet in Jordan’s ancient city of Petra next month to seek ways of addressing the challenges faced by young people in the Middle East.
LINK

NEW YORK: More than 100 projects pledged under the Clinton Global Initiative to help alleviate problems such as poverty and climate change have been completed, former U.S. President Bill Clinton is to announce Thursday.......

At Thursday's event, several commitments in progress are to be highlighted, including:
_ An effort from Dr. Eboo Patel of the Interfaith Youth Core and Queen Rania Al-Abdullah of Jordan to bring American and Jordanian youth together in dialogue;
LINK

Jordan's King Abdullah and his wife Queen Rania meet with Israeli Knesset speaker and acting President Dalia Itzik in Amman: Pictures from yahoo.

Last edited by a moderator:
asturiana said:
Jordan's King Abdullah and his wife Queen Rania meet with Israeli Knesset speaker and acting President Dalia Itzik in Amman: Pictures from yahoo.

is that a new suit on Rania?Its pretty.
what was this meeting about?palestine?peace?the caption doesnt say very much

King Receives Israeli Knesset Speaker

Amman (April 19(Petra) – His Majesty King Abdullah today said the Arab Peace Initiative constitutes an historic opportunity to achieve Middle East peace and end decades of conflict between Arabs and Israelis.

King Abdullah was speaking during a working lunch with Israeli Knesset Speaker Dalia Itzik and her accompanying delegation.. Read full article here

No date has yet been set for a proposed visit to Israel by King Abdullah II of Jordan, a palace official said on Friday, denying an Israeli press report it had been fixed for next month.
LINK
Some articles have described this as the Jordanian King's first visit to Israel, but I was under the impression he and Rania had visited way back in 1999.

You are right. In spring 2000 they made a visit to Israel, but only to Eilat. And the king visited Tel Aviv (and Ramallah at the same day) again in August 2000 (or September; it was just before the al Aqsa intifada started and made another official visit of an Arab king to Israel inadmissible). There was also a secret visit (revealed by the Israeli press) the king made in 2004 to Sharon's ranch to discuss with him the prime minister's disengagement plan for Gaza.
After the peace treaty of 1994 the late King Hussein also travelled several times to Israel for official trips.
But until now there was no official visit to West Jerusalem by a Jordanian monarch. This would be something really new.

Humera:
The UNESCO goodwill ambassadors annual meeting/"Night of Jordanian Treasures" show was an evening event.
check out some of the other guests:

Sorry, I can't have been paying as much attention to the timing as I thought. In that case I take back what I said about what she was wearing at that event. The dress in that case was spot on.

With regard to Godiva's comments about Rania, I couldn't agree more and I'm sorry if my thoughts on her makeup/dress made me out to be overly critical of her. I personally feel Rania has really come into her own over the years as she has matured from Princess to Queen. Her speeches are calm, composed, thoughtful and considered. Her wardrobe and makeup have developed accordingly. I would hate to be in her shoes being judged on every little thing but unfortunately when you are in the public eye as she is and a woman (men appear to get away with much more) then you will be examined and criticised or have personal comments made about you, that's just the way of the world unfortunately.

Still prefer her without lip liner though!

And on a separate matter, the interactive children's museum sounds such a great idea and I loved the pictures. Children really do respond to places like that I feel rather than the stuffy, staid museums of the past. Leaning should be fun for children (and adults alike) and places like this will aid them to a better understanding of the world around them lets hope.

Last edited:
Dear Snowwhite,
my comment was not an answer to your, previous to mine, comment. It was a comment about the general discussion about QR's appearance. I didn't have you in my mind when I posted it.:)

The Jordanian Royal Court denied remarks on the Palestinian issue attributed Friday to Jordan's King Abdullah II by the Israeli newspaper Ha'aretz, the Jordan Times reported on Sunday.
"What some Israeli newspapers quoted the king to have said during his meeting on Thursday with the Speaker of the Israeli Knesset, Dalia Itzik, is completely baseless and false," Amjad Adayleh, head of the Media Department at the royal court, was quoted as saying in an official statement.
People's Daily Online -- Jordan denies Israeli reports on king's remarks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom