King Abdullah & Queen Rania: Current Events Part 22

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for the updates everyone, especially asturiana! Great job.

Does anybody know if there are any webcasts available of the Jeddah Economic Forum?

Here's something to look forward to!

Jordan's first National BusinessWomen Conference commences in March
LINK

Corporate Social Responsibility Forum to be held in Jordan under Queen Rania's patronage
LINK

Some extracts from Rania's speech at the Jeddah Economic Forum (about 1/3 down the page)
LINK

King Abdullah of Jordan (L) shakes hands with Britain's Chancellor Gordon Brown during a meeting at no 11 Downing Street in central London, 28 February 2007

ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank

King Abdullah II of Jordan (L) walks with British Prime Minister Tony Blair as he arrives for a meeting at 10 Downing Street in London, Wednesday, 28 February 2007

ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank

Queen attends reception for participants
AMMAN (JT) — Her Majesty Queen Rania on Wednesday attended a reception and lunch hosted by the International Women’s Forum (IWF)

Jordan Times (Home News Section)
----
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]President Bush to Welcome King Abdullah II and Queen Rania of Jordan [/FONT]
https://www.whitehouse.gov/news/releases/2007/02/20070224-2.html
----

King Arrives in Boston
Boston, March 1(Petra)—His Majesty King Abdullah II arrived in Boston on Thursday dawn at the beginning of an official visit to the United States.
News

Last edited:
I read somewhere that Rania is co-hosting a charity gala dinner in Monte Carlo on 3rd March. Anyone know anything about that? And will she be joining Abdullah in Washington next week when he addresses the US Congress?

Yes I read too about the gala but recently I read that Queen Rania don´t confirmed her assistance.

Queen Rania in Germany :)

A conference will take place about "peace and justice" in Nuernberg (Germany) from 25-27 June. Under that approximately 300 guests will be Queen Rania of Jordan. Nürnberger Nachrichten and website

You´re welcome Reeda. Thank´s Asturiana for updates.

Queen attends reception for participants
Anyone see pictures of this event?

chelsea said:
I read somewhere that Rania is co-hosting a charity gala dinner in Monte Carlo on 3rd March. Anyone know anything about that? And will she be joining Abdullah in Washington next week when he addresses the US Congress?
As far as I'm aware she is supposed to be at Congress with Abdullah.

King Abdullah II drums up support for boarding school
LINK

Iraqi President thanks King Abdullah
LINK

King Meets Businessmen
Boston, March 4(Petra)—His Majesty King Abdullah affirmed Jordan’s commitment to comprehensive development despite the regional challenges.
News

PETRA pictures:​
Gallery

Queen opens deliberation of first national conference of business women
Amman, March 4 (Petra) Her Majesty Queen Al Abdullah on Sunday joined about 120 of Jordanian businesswomen
News

PETRA pictures
gallery

Last edited:
Little_star said:
As far as I'm aware she is supposed to be at Congress with Abdullah.

Petra only say that King will be at Congress.

thank you so much godiva..these pictures arte really really nice:wub:

salma said:
Petra only say that King will be at Congress.
I thought I read somewhere that she was going to the US as well. I must have got it wrong.

Little_star said:
I thought I read somewhere that she was going to the US as well. I must have got it wrong.

Yes I read that she will be at White House, so she will be at USA this week.

Asturiana, very beautiful avatar. I adore this picture of Queen Rania with her daughter. Very strong picture.

nylonluva said:
thank you so much godiva..these pictures arte really really nice:wub:

Thank you Nylonluva. Queen Rania is like a sixteen - year old girl in these photos , amazing.

Godiva said:
Asturiana, very beautiful avatar. I adore this picture of Queen Rania with her daughter. Very strong picture.

Thank you, Godiva. Humera has made this avatar. (link)

US Rice and Jordan king discuss Iraq refugees, Arab peace plan

WASHINGTON (AFP) - Talks between US Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice Jordan's King Abdullah II on Monday focused on Iraqi refugees and an Arab peace plan for the Middle East, diplomats said. (yahoo)

The King LIVE on C-Span!!!

Hi guys,

as some of you know, King Abdullah will address the US Congress this Wednesday 7th of March. For those living in north America, don't forget to watch C-Span 1:

[FONT=arial, helvetica]10:45 AM EST[/FONT]
[FONT=arial, helvetica]0:45 (est.)[/FONT][FONT=arial, helvetica] [FONT=arial, helvetica]LIVE[/FONT]
[/FONT][FONT=arial, helvetica]Joint Meeting[/FONT]
[FONT=arial, helvetica]King of Jordan Address
U.S. House of Representatives
[/FONT][FONT=arial, helvetica]Abdullah II [/FONT][FONT=arial, helvetica], Jordan [/FONT][FONT=arial, helvetica][/FONT][FONT=arial, helvetica][/FONT][FONT=arial, helvetica]
[FONT=arial, helvetica]The beginning and end of this live program may be earlier or later than the scheduled times.[/FONT]
[/FONT]

http://inside.c-spanarchives.org:8080/cspan/fullschedule.csp?timeid=212040000817

Love
Barbara

Thanks. I'll be sure to catch that. :flowers:

Jordan's King Abdullah II arrived in Washington on Monday on a quest to educate the US administration on the importance of strong-arming Israel into accepting a pan-Arab "peace" offer.
Following his arrival, Abdullah met with Vice President Dick Cheney and Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice. On Tuesday he was scheduled to dine with President Bush, and on Wednesday address a joint session of Congress.

Abdullah to 'educate' US on Arab peace offer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom