King Abdullah & Queen Rania: Current Events Part 22

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Launch of the first Advance Market Commitment for Vaccines
LINK

Putin meets King Abdullah
LINK

King visits al Baqaa camp
LINK

Last edited by a moderator:
Little_star said:
Thank you everyone for the update! It's so great to see Rania involved with such a worthwhile and internationally important cause. Jordan should be very proud of Rania's involvement.

I agree i like the way she is highlighting issues like poverty etc...

Jordan's Queen Rania is to participate as a special keynote speaker at the Jeddah Economic Forum, scheduled to take place at the Hilton Hotel from February 24-27. article1 and article 2
(from AME Info)

Last edited:
While it is an interesting article, I think it is important to question the motives of the author and the individuals taking an interest in the Jordananian economy. If I were a confidante of King Abdullah, I would advise him to observe the developmental patterns of his neighboring countries and notice that even in those countries receiving exorbitant amounts of FDI (i.e. Egypt), a serious economic problem still exists among the majority of the population that has been unable to reap the so-called benefits of globalization. There is already unrest within Jordan; adopting a developmental pattern similar to Egypt or the Gulf countries will only exacerbate this problem and create difficulties for the monarchy in the near future. It would be better for King Abdullah to adopt policies that will benefit the poor majority in his kingdom, rather than the elite who is most likely to benefit most from multinational corporations.

madonna23 said:
While it is an interesting article, I think it is important to question the motives of the author and the individuals taking an interest in the Jordananian economy. If I were a confidante of King Abdullah, I would advise him to observe the developmental patterns of his neighboring countries and notice that even in those countries receiving exorbitant amounts of FDI (i.e. Egypt), a serious economic problem still exists among the majority of the population that has been unable to reap the so-called benefits of globalization. There is already unrest within Jordan; adopting a developmental pattern similar to Egypt or the Gulf countries will only exacerbate this problem and create difficulties for the monarchy in the near future. It would be better for King Abdullah to adopt policies that will benefit the poor majority in his kingdom, rather than the elite who is most likely to benefit most from multinational corporations.

I agree with you madonna23 , i worked with the poor people on jordan the king and the queen should try their best to help these people , any by the way i heard that p Haya is helping those people alots .

Amina said:
I agree i like the way she is highlighting issues like poverty etc...
I think she has to work more inside jordan
The queen is very smart, as well of making interviews and speeches out side Jordan she could help out improving poor people lives in Jordan .

Queen Rania stresses importance of collaboration between local and international academic institutions

Amman, Feb. 19 (Petra)-- Her Majesty Queen Rania Al-Abdullah stressed the importance of collaboration between local and international academic institutions.
During a meeting with Jordanian officials and academics and President of Columbia University Lee Bollinger on Monday, Queen Rania highlighted the role of academia in facilitating greater understanding and knowledge between world cultures and nations. Petra

Global Leaders to Address Multinational Gathering

Her Majesty Queen Rania Al-Abdullah of Jordan will deliver a special keynote address at the conclusion of the opening day, Sunday 25th February. Plenary Speakers will include: HRH Prince Turki Al Faisal, H.E. Recep Tayyip Erdogan, Prime Minister of Turkey; The Hon Dato' Sri Mohd Najib Tun Abdul Razak, Deputy Prime Minister of Malaysia; H.E. Lech Walesa, former President of Poland; H.E. Benazir Bhutto, former Prime Minister of Pakistan; The Rt. Hon. Jean Chretien, former Prime Minister of Canada; Minister Liu Jiangfeng from China; General Wesley Clark, former Supreme Allied Commander of NATO; Mr Peder Wallenberg, Founder of Carpe Vitam and Baroness Symons of Vernham Dean, UK Chair of the Saudi-British Business Council. primenewire

LeoMama said:
I agree with you madonna23 , i worked with the poor people on jordan the king and the queen should try their best to help these people , any by the way i heard that p Haya is helping those people alots .

I agree with both of you, in this situation and the monarchy can be very much in jeoporary or it can open up towards a democratic system, enabling people to express their views and empowering themselves. The economy is a way of developing a country and allows for many to establish a workforce and the ability for microfinance, giving many jobs to support themselves. Proverty is everywhere including the U.S., and some argue why do we give foreign aid to other countries when there is proverty in the U.S.

Even the biggest countries are always trying to connect the economies to be stronger, for governmental reason, perfect example was Germany in 1933. However, we can't say much as of now until these developments have been stable and people become to live or work those spaces.

King Receives Condoleezza Rice
</STRONG>
Amman, Feb. 20 (Petra) - His Majesty King Abdullah II today said it was imperative to ensure sustained engagement of the international community, especially the US
News

madonna23 said:
salma! i love your avator - do you have a bigger version of the same pic? :)

I've been wondering the same thing...bigger version anywhere?:rolleyes:

madonna23 said:
salma! i love your avator - do you have a bigger version of the same pic? :)

Thank´s!. The avatar is old, and I can´t remember If I have bigger pic.

Jeddah, SAUDI ARABIA: Queen Rania of Jordan speaks during the Jeddah Economic Forum in the Red Sea city of Jeddah, 25 February 2007. The annual event which bills itself as the "Think Tank of the Middle East" was started in 1999 and features keynote speeches and panel discussions by Saudi and world politicians as well as business and civic leaders. AFP PHOTO

http://legacyeditorial.gettyimages.com/source/search/imageResults.aspx?s=ImagesSearchState|0|0|-1|60|2842208|0|0|1|||0|0|0|0|589705|0|0|0|7||princess|141844980232606711|0|0|0|0

Queen Rania addresses Jeddah Economic Forum, urges global community to plant seeds of acceptance, dialogue, peace
Jeddah, Feb. 25 (Petra)-- During a special address at the Jeddah Economic Forum (JEF), on Sunday, Her Majesty Queen Rania Al-Abdullah urged the global community to plant the seeds of acceptance, dialogue and peace for future generations

News

Queen Rania performs Umrah

News

Mecca, Feb. 25 (Petra) Her Majesty Queen Rania Al Abdullah on Sunday performed Umrah (smaller pilgrimage) at the holy places in Mecca​

PICS from Petra:

King, Mubarak Hold Summit Meeting
News

Cairo, Feb. 25 (Petra)—His Majesty King Abdullah II held talks with Egyptian President Mohamad Husni Mubarak in Cairo today

King Abdullah will visit Saudi Arabia UK and US this week

reeda2000 said:
King Abdullah will visit Saudi Arabia UK and US this week

King Abdullah II of Jordan to Address Joint Meeting of Congress

His Majesty King Abdullah is scheduled to address a joint meeting of the U.S. Congress on March 7, 2007.
During the visit, King Abdullah is also expected to hold talks with U.S. President George Bush, Vice President Dick Cheney, and Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice.
On his way to the U.S., the King will stop in the United Kingdom on Wednesday for talks with British Prime Minister Tony Blair.
According to the Royal Court source, the talks in London will follow visits to Egypt and Saudi Arabia. yahoo!news

King Starts Visit to UK and United States

Amman, Feb. 27 (Petra) — His Majesty King Abdullah II left Amman on a several-day working visit to the United Kingdom and the United States. Petra

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom