King Abdullah and Queen Rania Current Events 33: January 27, 2011 - August 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dazzling

Former Moderator
City
-
Country
France
Welcome to
King Abdullah and Queen Rania Current Events
Part 33
previous thread

Here are some important TRF
Community Rules & FAQ's
  • In order to legally post copyrighted material, you must obtain written permission from the copyright owner.
  • No more than 20% of the text of an article can be posted, along with a link to the original article.
  • It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles.
  • Hotlinking of content from other websites is not permitted.
  • We expect our members to treat each other with respect.
  • Opinions should be backed up by reference to published reports.
  • Empty posts, that is posts that do not add or contribute to the discussion, will be deleted without notice.
If you have any questions, please contact a member of the moderating team.

Happy posting!:flowers:

Royal House of Jordan Moderators

The new PM is a bad move on Abdullah's part and shows a lack of judgement on his part. There will be more trouble because of it. Perhaps now there will be less jetting off overseas and time spent at home dealing with Jordanian problems which is the right thing for the king to do.

Queen Rania visits Hai Nazzal in Amman

Her Majesty Queen Rania Al Abdullah on Tuesday met with about thirty women beneficiaries of grants given out by Her Majesty for income generating projects in Hai Nazzal...

Article

King visits Northern Badia villages

King Abdullah during his visit talked to locals about their living conditions and issued directives to provide them with assistance needed to improve their living status, toured other villages in the region whose population mainly work in farming and ranching.

Petra picture gallery

Last edited:
The new PM is a bad move on Abdullah's part and shows a lack of judgement on his part. There will be more trouble because of it. Perhaps now there will be less jetting off overseas and time spent at home dealing with Jordanian problems which is the right thing for the king to do.
I notice also they are in Jordan more they use to :)
it's good the King take a time to hear the protests I have to say I don't know alot about the old/new PM,howevr I think the king could find someone else for the job if I understand well Mr Bakhit was PM and didn't do much last time he hold the position.

I notice also they are in Jordan more they use to :)
it's good the King take a time to hear the protests I have to say I don't know alot about the old/new PM,howevr I think the king could find someone else for the job if I understand well Mr Bakhit was PM and didn't do much last time he hold the position.

They have to stay in the country because if they were out on another of their personal trips it would anger the [people more and they would run the risk of being deposed if the protests turn the same way as Tunisia, Yemen and Egypt. If the protests became so strong that happened, they would not be the first regime to try to return home to find themselves out of their position. Perhaps now the extravagance, unnecessary foreign trips and other things will stop and they will start to be a real king and queen to their people. This flurry of visits is a response to the protests and nothing more. For many people they have been untouchable because of them being direct descendants of the Prophet (PBUH) along with many others but I do not think this will always protect them. Jordan was in the lowest ranks for democracy again last year, people are truly suffering to feed their families and to live and the king and queen just carried on living the high life whilst the people were suffering. The new prime minister is someone that is an ex-general and he is about maintaining the staus quo not about instigating enlightened change which means more of the same. Abdullah is offering sops to the people by telling the government to sell food more cheaply but that won't last as it will impact even more on the economy which is in a real mess despite billions of dollars being handed out from the USA, GCC, EU. The country has not been managed well.

This is what I heard from every possible source or article I've read so far. It was a very bad and desperate move indeed. Perhaps the King thought that he could have the Bedouins on his side with this particular PM.:ermm: And you're absolutely right, this isn't the right time for trips or luxurious vacations (like in August), certainly not! ;)

Two weeks a group of initiatives including “Under My Olive Tree” met with Her Majesty Queen Rania over lunch. The purpose of the meeting was to shed light on the different initiatives currently working in Jordan.
Under My Olive Tree » Aknowldgement by HM Queen Rania

This visit seems to have taken place on January 18th. She's wearing the same outfit as the visit to Sweifieh school for girls.

Last edited:
To All Bloggers

You all do an outstanding job of keeping up with the news and information pertaining to the Hashemite Royals. Bravo and kudos to all!:flowers:

Queen Rania commends women’s accomplishments in Irbid
Petra - Mar 16
Her Majesty Queen Rania Al Abdullah met with a group of women leaders, activists and professionals in the Governorate of Irbid today.

During the meeting, which was held over lunch, Her Majesty commended the women’s accomplishments and achievements in their respective fields and stressed the integral role they play in the development process. Her Majesty also thanked them for their continuous efforts in bringing about positive change in their communities.More
Picture 1
Picture 2

King & crown prince Hussein visit Royal Maintenance Corps
16 Mar 2011
Pictures

great father and so pictures.like them.
is Prince Hussein a member of Jordanian Army?

No Lilo .. he is under 18 years old.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom