King Abdullah & Queen Rania Current Events 28: June 2 - October 13, 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I love the picture of QR in the second file! When was that? I've never seen it.

this photo is from yesterday?she wore the same outfit?

yes I assumed this event is also from July 1st, I dont think she'd wear exactly the same outfit the next day

Did anyone notice that QR's meeting for FINCA and the Jordan Education Initiative were in the same exact room? I think there have been meetings there in the past. Is this at her offices?

Kind of off topic...but has anyone noticed the KA always wears his wedding ring, but QR doesn't? Not saying anything...just wanted to know if it was a cultural thing or think she just simply forgot?

Its probably a conference room Queen Rania uses for large meetings. Her personal office is smaller and more intimate.
As far as the wedding ring goes, Rania wears it often, but not constantly, its not a necessity in a lot of non-western cultures.

I love the picture of QR in the second file! When was that? I've never seen it.
This portrait is a couple of years old. It appeared on a cover of Laha magazine in 2006.

Last edited:
this photo is from yesterday?she wore the same outfit?

I found an article for the event which says it too place on Wednesday (July 2):

Queen Rania launches second stage of Jordan Education Initiative

AMMAN (JT) - Her Majesty Queen Rania on Wednesday launched the second stage of the Jordan Education Initiative (JEI) and its strategic plans for the next three years.
At a meeting yesterday, attended by JEI board members and principal partners, the Queen praised the JEI’s continued ability to draw more partners from various areas of the world five years after its launch, saying this attests to the initiative’s success.
The JEI not only provides the tools and technologies for schools, but also brings about change and facilitates the learning and teaching processes, the Queen told participants. Jordan Times

I think they've probably made a mistake because in the picture Rania is wearing the same white watch/bracelet on her right hand and the same hoop earrings that she wore at the Madrasati event on July 1. Or would she really wear the same outfit and accessories two days in a row? (bear with me...it's a slow news day :D)

Last edited:
2 recent events of Queen Rania's that were not highly publicised.

1- A visit to Abu Dhabi on the 25th June 2008

Her Highness Sheikha Fatima bint Mubarak, President of the Family Development Foundation and Chairperson of the General Women's Union, received in Abu Dhabi yesterday, Queen Rania Al-Abdullah
Sheikha Fatima receives Queen Rania UAE - The Official Web Site - News

2- The Queen held a reception for the female participants of the "Follow the Women" cycling tour.

The ride and full program of diverse events in Jordan, which took place under the patronage of Queen Rania, concluded with an enjoyable evening at the Dead Sea.
300 Women Cycle Through Levant for Peace - Middle East Times

King, Bahraini King review bilateral ties and Arab situation
Jordan News Agency - Petra - King, Bahraini King review bilateral ties and Arab situation

King opens Head Quarters of Rescue and Support Directorate
Jordan News Agency - Petra - King opens Head Quarters of Rescue and Support Directorate

King orders government to prepare comprehensive plan for Badia
Jordan News Agency - Petra - King orders government to prepare comprehensive plan for Badia

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone know their holiday plans this summer? Rania is presently in London. Has she already been somewhere with the kids and is on her way back home or are they going on somewhere? They have the Expo next week but are they combining this with a break in Spain?

Queen Rania of Jordan: a beautiful paradox

She may talk passionately about freedom of speech and equal rights. Yet Jordan's own human rights record under the stewardship of her husband King Abdullah II has hardly been exemplary, and has included accusations of terrorist suspects being tortured, harsh laws to clamp down on public dissent and the arrest without trial of critics of the government.

Jordan also has one of the highest incidences in the Middle East of honor killings -- the practice of women being killed by male family members if they engage in pre-martial sex. To her credit, Rania is not burying her head in the sand over the problems of Jordan.

She acknowledges, for example, that unemployment rates among young people stand at 25 percent, double the global average, and that "creating jobs is one of the most important priorities for us."

The daughter of Palestinian parents, she is also acutely aware of the severe social problems that conflict has created in the wider region... (Full Article)

This is the second article in this sort of vein that has been posted o the forums and I am happy that at last people are starting to look behind the image projected by QA and KA.

I do not think QR is a bad woman but it is a fact that she represents a regime that has not got a good reputation to the extent that Britain has refused to deport Al Qaeda suspects there because they will not get a fair trial and be tortured. Even the US has produced quite damning evidence of what goes on in Jordan.

At long last a more balanced view is appearing about what goes on and people are starting to look past the glamour of the queen at the more important issues and questioning why her husband hasn't implemented change and isn't putting his money where his mouth is.

very intersting article thanks for posting dazzling.
I am for yamamah's opinion,I deeply think that neither rania or abdullah had magic wand to solve Jordan problems,sur it's not easy however I notice alot of ppl are so fascinated by the beautiful elegant and active queen when behind the glamorous image I think is a little or maybe far of what really goes on in Jordan.
run after media cover doesn't mean at all you are doing good job.

Jordan's king to receive Obama on July 22

A senior Jordanian official said Saturday that Barack Obama, the U.S. Democratic presidential candidate, is due to visit Jordan on July 22 for talks with Jordan's King Abdullah II... (Full Article)

Hi can someone enlighten me as to why King Abdullah and Queen Rania didnt attend the summit in France? I thought all Middle eastern countries took part in the summit?

Queen Rania of Jordan: a beautiful paradox

She may talk passionately about freedom of speech and equal rights. Yet Jordan's own human rights record under the stewardship of her husband King Abdullah II has hardly been exemplary, and has included accusations of terrorist suspects being tortured, harsh laws to clamp down on public dissent and the arrest without trial of critics of the government.

Jordan also has one of the highest incidences in the Middle East of honor killings -- the practice of women being killed by male family members if they engage in pre-martial sex. To her credit, Rania is not burying her head in the sand over the problems of Jordan.

She acknowledges, for example, that unemployment rates among young people stand at 25 percent, double the global average, and that "creating jobs is one of the most important priorities for us."

The daughter of Palestinian parents, she is also acutely aware of the severe social problems that conflict has created in the wider region... (Full Article)

The honor killings are a big shame for any country (and what happens to the man engaged in pre-marital sex? is he killed too? I suppose not). I remember Queen Noor has said something against honor killigs but have the Kings or Queens of Jordan ever really fought against this horrible habit?

Jordan's King Abdullah II (L) and US Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama greet each other upon Obama's arrival at Beit Al-Urdun, the King's residence in Amman. Obama stepped into the maelstrom of the Middle East Tuesday, warning the next US president could not just snap his fingers and make peace, as fresh violence rocked the region.(AFP/Paul J. Richards via yahoo news)

Pic 1 -- Pic 2

King Abdullah II Holds Talks with Senator Barack Obama

During the meeting, King Abdullah outlined Jordan’s position in support of the rights of the Palestinian people to liberation and independence through the establishment of an independent state that preserves the Palestinian identity. He also emphasized Jordan’s support for the Palestinians in negotiations with Israel on final status issues... - Full Article

and another article,

Nice ride (for Obama) if you can get it

After Barack Obama dined with Jordan's King Abdullah and Queen Rania at the royal Beit Al Urdun palace in Amman today, the king personally drove Obama to the airport in his Mercedes 600 -- with no one else in the car, Obama spokeswoman Linda Douglass said - Full Article

Last edited:
Queen Rania of Jordan: More Than Just a Beautiful Face

...Queen Rania has her own website and her own YouTube channel. She has been a guest on "Oprah." Quite literally, Queen Rania is taking the world by storm... - Full Article

King Visits Army Headquarters
http://www.petranews.gov.jo/nepras/2008/Jul/24/11000.htm

King satisfied over govt efforts to ease on low-income citizens

Amman, July 24 (Petra) – His Majesty King Abdullah II expressed on Thursday satisfaction and support for the government efforts in protecting low-income people
News

King makes telephone call with Saudi crown prince
News

Queen Rania: Highlighting accomplishments and successes of Arab women is part of my job

..."You are kind of exposing yourself, you’re throwing yourself into the thick of things, you’re taking bullets from both sides but at the end of the day it’s been a steep learning curve and a very enlightening experience for me," she added.

The Queen said the latest video she uploaded on her YouTube channel affirms that terrorism affects all regardless if they were from the east or west, whether they were Christian or Muslims.... -
Full Article ** Picture

Last edited:
what is Rania up to? She hasn't been seen doing anything in the past two weeks since she got back from holiday, or have I missed something? Is she on holiday again?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom