King Abdullah & Queen Rania Current Events 26: January 11-March 17, 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
4th February 2008

Queen Rania at the launch of the national information system for family affairs
http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f334/Little_stars/Royalty/News-18098.jpg

AMMAN - Her Majesty Queen Rania, president of the National Council for Family Affairs (NCFA), on Monday took part in the launch of the national information system for family affairs and two guidebooks on local family-related regulations and research.
The NCFA, in cooperation with several government agencies and civil society institutions concerned with family issues, prepared the national information system for family affairs, a guidebook on family regulations and another on family studies and research.
The three projects seek to provide lawmakers, sociologists and researchers in the field of family-related issues with a solid and accurate background on the situation of families in the Kingdom.
Jordan Times

Last edited:
Amman, Feb. 4 (Petra) – His Majesty King Abdullah II highlighted on Monday Jordan’s keenness to boost relations with Iraq in the various domains and mainly in the economic and commercial ones.
Jordan News Agency - Petra - King highlights Jordan’s keenness to boost relations with Iraq

Amman, Feb. 4 (Petra) – His Majesty King Abdullah II underlined the importance of achieving real progress in the peace process between Palestinians and Israelis according to the international legitimacy and Arab peace initiative.
Jordan News Agency - Petra - King reiterates importance of achieving progress in peace process

Yesterday I was watching the game show Jeopardy and Rania read the statements in a category about UNICEF. They even showed video of a trip to Morocco and I spotted Lalla Salma (even though she wasn't mentioned in the clue). I wonder how many other queens have participated in game shows.

angelina jolie is on her way to jordan, does anyone know if something is going on there this week? perhaps she'll meet up with the queen for something...:rolleyes:

I like her jaket, nice color

Yes, finally a fresh color. Queen Rania is a very stylish woman but her recent colours brown, black, grey, beige, navy blue started to become very boring. She should wear more colours.

Yes, finally a fresh color. Queen Rania is a very stylish woman but her recent colours brown, black, grey, beige, navy blue started to become very boring. She should wear more colours.
yup! agreed! but she's beautiful anyways!

Thanks for all the photos!

I'm glad to see the children being encouraged to get involved with charity work at a young age!

Love the dark rust coloured jacket

(MENAFN - Jordan Times) The Spanish government extended on Tuesday soft loans totalling nine million euros to support Jordan's microfinance sector which generates up to 20 per cent of the Kingdom's gross domestic product (GDP)...........

"The ministry is keen on channelling financial support to the microfinance sector, which is backed by Her Majesty Queen Rania due to its role in enhancing socio-economic living standards of people, especially women," Al-Ali said."
MENAFN - Middle East North Africa . Financial Network News: Spain extends 9m euros to Jordan's microfinance companies

An article about the film, "Captain Abu Raed".

"Not only is "Captain Abu Raed" the first professional feature film to come out of Matalqa's native Jordan, it is already winning awards. Just days after The Lantern sat down with him, Matalqa's film walked away from Sundance with the World Cinema Audience Award.........

Matalqa said the film was funded by private investors in Jordan, but it also had the backing of the government and the media. The first people mentioned in the special thanks are King Abdullah II and Queen Rania of Jordan."
Ohio State grad wins award at Sundance film festival - Arts

she is as always very stylish, in casual or chic clothes, she is pretty and refined, for me she is by far the most elegant first lady, in middle eastern and north africa area, and one of the most elegant in the world

she is as always very stylish, in casual or chic clothes, she is pretty and refined, for me she is by far the most elegant first lady, in middle eastern and north africa area, and one of the most elegant in the world

First Lady?Are you sure?Are queens first ladies?
I think Queen and First Lady are different.Can you tell me if they are same thing?:)
Because I know that they are different.
Thanks.:)

thanks for lovely photos the little Hachem is just cute in her mom arrms
it's pity there is no clear photo for QRania dress in the king's birthday celebration we don't see her very often in traditional dresses.

the royal family of Jordan is enjoying while the rest of the Jordanian people are str

It just happened that last week I was surfing the Internet for airlines news and found some interesting pictures that show the level of spending that the royal family of Jordan is enjoying while the rest of the Jordanian people are struggling on a daily basis to provide the basic needs for their families.​
Please note that the comments on all of the pictures I'm going to post were provided by the photographers who took these images and it just happened that non of these photographers is of Arabic origin.
In this picture, a prince of the royal family flew to Berlin for a "private dinner" which looks like a date to me.
http://www.airliners.net/open.file?id=1277962&size=L&width=1280&height=869&sok=&photo_nr=2
Next, the royal family flew two airplanes to attend a birthday party of the Swedish king in Stockholm, Sweden. "Public Relations" I guess
http://www.airliners.net/open.file?id=1045557&photo_nr=26&prev_id=1049781&next_id=1011588&size=L
As for the king himself, that's a totally different story. He acquired his latest private jet in 2002 which is an Airbus A340-200, an ex-Lufthansa aircraft, that was converted into a private jet by Lufthansa Technik and was equipped with an anti-missile/ air-defense system shown in this picture:
http://www.airliners.net/open.file?id=0723192&photo_nr=44&prev_id=0723220&next_id=0721547&size=L
This Aircraft will be replaced by a BRAND NEW aircraft that has been ordered by the King from Airbus in 2007. The new airliner, A340-600 at 75.3m is the longest aircraft ever made up to date and costs $218 million in 2006 dollars for a passenger model, which means that a privately configured jet will surpass that number by far more. This aircraft has been for long the flagship of Airbus Business Jets until recently with the introduction of the A380 Business Jet.
Looks like the king/ Queen are everywhere, and for the time and money they spend on traveling and "Public Relations", Jordan should be the richest country in the Middle East".
Seen here leaving Tokyo on his way to Singapore:
http://www.airliners.net/open.file?id=0827108&photo_nr=36&prev_id=0858737&next_id=0797446&size=L
A quick visit to San Francisco, that I don't understand why!!:
http://www.airliners.net/open.file?id=0732693&photo_nr=39&prev_id=0746367&next_id=0726348&size=L
Hong Kong:
http://www.airliners.net/open.file?id=0671151&size=L&width=1200&height=812&sok=&photo_nr=52

and many other places that you can find at this link:
http://www.airliners.net/search/photo.search?&airlinesearch=The Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan&nr_of_rows=126&first_this_page=0&page_limit=15&sort_order=photo_id+DESC&nr_pages=9
A full tank of A340-200 takes about 41,000 US gallons, and 52,000-53,000 US gallons for the newly ordered A340-600. This should be enough to do simple math based on around $4.00/US gallon of jet fuel.
The Royal Family owns the following fleet of Aircrafts (that's what I know of):
Two Canadaie CL-600-2B16 Challenger 604 business jet.
One Boeing 737-700 BBJ
One Airbus A340-200 business jet
One AِirBus A340-600 business jet ( on order).

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you Reeda!! Nice picture!!

It just happened that last week I was surfing the Internet for airlines news and found some interesting pictures that show the level of spending that the royal family of Jordan is enjoying while the rest of the Jordanian people are struggling on a daily basis to provide the basic needs for their families.​

this is only one issue.. what coverd is more and more

Last edited by a moderator:
Firstly, many Royals attended the Swedish King's, it was from my understanding a major gala event. How exactly were the Jordanian Royals supposed to get there? Swim?

Secondly, whilst I don't doubt the photographers themselves, how exactly are they privy to the purpose of the visits? Unless they are members of the airline crew, how could they possibly know the purpose of those flights?

I've read many comments involving the jordanian royal family's frivilous spending and the more I read the more it disturbs me. I try to push it aside and see the good things they seem to be trying to do in their country, but after awhile its hard to ignore.

how can one, in good conscience, sleep at night knowing so many in their country are suffering while they're spending so much money on planes and clothing, gasoline and excessive foods? how can you live with yourself? I don't buy designer clothes, I never would, because I can't imagine spending that kind of money on one shirt or pair of pants when I know there are better things the money can be put towards. How could one spend $1,000 on a pair of jimmy choos when there are people in the world who have never had a pair of shoes?

Little Star, does it matter what the purpose of these trips are? no matter where they go why and how often, how does one justify the need for so many planes? what's wrong with one? or two small ones? why do they need something as big as an airbus? why two airbuses? rania has even spoken about the concern of the use of crude oil, gasoline, and burning fossil fuels, yet they own an aircraft that uses 41,000 gallons of gas? it's so hypocritical...

slowly but surely I am losing respect for these people...:sad:

I've read many comments involving the jordanian royal family's frivilous spending and the more I read the more it disturbs me. I try to push it aside and see the good things they seem to be trying to do in their country, but after awhile its hard to ignore.
When you compare the Jordanian monarchy with other Middle Eastern monarchies, like the Saudi or Moroccan families, their "spending" pales into insignificance.

I'd recommend reading "House of Bush, House of Saud". There's lots of detailed information there of the vast excesses of Middle eastern royalty.

Jae143 said:
how can one, in good conscience, sleep at night knowing so many in their country are suffering while they're spending so much money on planes and clothing, gasoline and excessive foods? how can you live with yourself? I don't buy designer clothes, I never would, because I can't imagine spending that kind of money on one shirt or pair of pants when I know there are better things the money can be put towards. How could one spend $1,000 on a pair of jimmy choos when there are people in the world who have never had a pair of shoes?
You may not be aware of this, but Rania herself has said that a great deal of her clothes are free or simply loans.

Moreover her clothes are not high-end designer or couture, like other Middle Eastern Royals.

Yes, they are designer labels, but imo, there's a huge difference between a Chanel suit and a coat from Burberry or soemwhere similar.
Jae143 said:
Little Star, does it matter what the purpose of these trips are?
Of course it matters, if these trips were as part of official agendas or duties then they could hardly be called "frivolous".

There is no comparison at all between Jordan and Saudi Arabia, its a rich country unlike us.. You have to live in Jordan to observe how much we suffer coz of the prices some people through their kids in trash coz they can't feed them..
:ermm:

The ruling family of Saudi Arabia is incredibly wealthy. The average Saudi citizen is not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom