King Abdullah & Queen Rania & Family: Current News & Pictures Part 15

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Little_star said:
There's a guy in the back who's got a broad grin on his face and even the lady next to Rania is semi-smiling.
I'm not surprised that you don't find an explanation for Rania and Abdullah.

Nothing to be surprised about or not,because it's simply not professional and unapropriate.

I am also not surprised that you find everytime excuses for obvious unappropriate behaviours,instead of admitting them,you know ,nobody is perfect...

Monalisa said:
Nothing to be surprised about or not,because it's simply not professional and unapropriate.

I am also not surprised that you find everytime excuses for obvious unappropriate behaviours,instead of admitting them,you know ,nobody is perfect...

Smiling is inappropriate?! So it would be better to visit the family looking sullen and upset? That would probably upset them even more.

Little_star said:
Smiling is inappropriate?! So it would be better to visit the family looking sullen and upset? That would probably upset them even more.

In my book,it is,I would have said the same if an other royal did,I've seen a lot of photos of funerals of many other royal familes and normal peolple,but never came accross such as thing...

I also don't understund the need of posing for photographs,and in plus,all smiles.

Monalisa said:
because they are intimidated by cameras and by the presence of their royals,and you can read the sadness on their eyes,but for QR&KA,I don't find an explaination,not really an appropriate behaviour...,looks only like an other photo opportunity.
I think you're being too hard on them. These people seem happy to get some comfort from the queen and king who visited them. The fact they smile on the pic is not a sign that they are moved by the situation !

I agree that the King and Queen are only comforting the family on this tragedy, beside the girl next to the Queen is smiling as well as the guy next to KA. Theres so much you can say and do for people who lost a loved one, but you wouldnt want to upset them even more by having a sad face on, its only human to give them a smile or try to chear them up a little.

QRania is tall and very thin, her husband on the other hand is much bigger and shorter, what I don't understand is why she always wear high heels and tower over him especially in official functions, in my oppinion it is not the done thing, the late Diana used to always wear flat shoes when she was with prince Charles. ;)

Exactly, I mean one of the family members – the guy at the back – was smiling ..and itr is the shadow of a smile …it is not as if she is laughing or ridiculing the family loss ..
From someone as kind hearted as she is –and we all saw that during the terrorist attacks in Amman – I find such an implication hardly correct…

Saturday I went to pay my condolences to a family – my friends mom passed away- and during the Aza- 3 days of mourning were people gather and take care of the passed away family- all who attended tried to cheer them up ..it is very important in our tradition to try to console these people and try to make things as normal as we can …

amina1 said:
I swear I thought the same thing, but I guess they just tried to chear them up!

I think she's pushing it...If she doesn't want to wear the veil it's fine, it's her choice but she should stop daring everyone like that and insisting it's not required in Islam, noone is asking her to wear the veil, why is she doing this!!

I never heard queen Rania say that it was not a good thing to wear a veil, she respects that point of view... But she also has to defend her way of thinking. And she is free to believe that it is not required in islam... I personnaly agree with her...

What a silly thing to say" Times i mean " …

Wearing a veil or not , or even wearing a Borqoua ..

It seems that it is the only thing these biased western media newspaper are interested in ..

I knew many veiled girls while in university and they were the top of their classes with normal characters and leading a normal life just like others ..

My mom wears a veil, she is highly educated, a neighbor of us wears a borqoua and her daughters & sisters don't …believe it or not we have the choice to wear or not to wear full religious attire …

They are making Arab women look a if they are still in Harem and as if western women are enjoying an oasis of safety , equality and freedom …

It is everyday that we hear of stories of domestic violence, sexual harassment, gender bias and battery ..just like any other 3rd world country…

The queen doesn't wear a veil lie many million Muslim women , ok ..it is our duty wear it in Islam and we have our lord – God almighty – to judge us ..i sincerely hope that god will give us the insight to fully comply with all his wishes and orders ..but until then can't they just get off our backs with their bias and stereotype image …

What wrong with these people ?!!!!

I liked what her majesty said here and I think that people should really consider this when they jump in to conclusion about Arab & Muslim worlds..

I think that what was wrote gave an impression that Queen Rania's anti -Veil , i don't wear a veil myself but i respect anywomen right to wear it , so i think we should read carefully before jumping in to haste conclusions ...

I mean she is only llike many other Jordanian, Palestenian & Arab women who don'y wear it and still i can't find any reason for people to attack her choice ....

If she was anti-Veil or daring she wouldnt have presented a veil woman as a successful Joranian model:) ..

“We can read all we like on the internet but the best way to learn about one another is through human to human contact. If people get to know one another, they can get past the stereotypes. I can’t overemphasise how important this is. There are rifts opening up that are dangerous for our world.”

Last edited:
Many Jordanian Royal Family members such as Queen Noor , Haya, Raya , Iman , Reem do not wear and yet we do not hear any kind of crtisicim??:confused:

She always defend Islam deep values like no other lady in the family and have presented a good image about Jordanian, Arab & Muslim women ..

and am sure that people who are on the Anti-Rania cheering squad would be preparing pages on this ;) .....

clymène said:
I never heard queen Rania say that it was not a good thing to wear a veil, she respects that point of view... But she also has to defend her way of thinking. And she is free to believe that it is not required in islam... I personnaly agree with her...

lil Monkey said:
I think she's pushing it...If she doesn't want to wear the veil it's fine, it's her choice but she should stop daring everyone like that and insisting it's not required in Islam, noone is asking her to wear the veil, why is she doing this!!

She's only echoing a viewpoint that millions of muslims all over the world support, myself and most of my family included.
After all, we hear plenty from mullahs about women's dress. I'd rather hear a woman talk about it, than some self-appointed religious "leader".

salwa said:
Many Jordanian Royal Family members such as Queen Noor , Haya, Raya , Iman , Reem do not wear and yet we do not hear any kind of crtisicim??:confused:

She always defend Islam deep values like no other lady in the family and have presented a good image about Jordanian, Arab & Muslim women ..

and am sure that people who are on the Anti-Rania cheering squad would be preparing pages on this ;) .....

Yes, that's what I was meaning Salwa ;) , I think that the Queen shares your feeling about the press (especially the american one) hunting any information on the veil, and trying to give some bad image or at least an image that does not reflect reality at all.

I personnaly am a muslim, I was born in morocco and grew up there for the first 18 years of my life, and it's funny to see that the foreign press (french one most of the time) that interviews king mohamed or other princesses such as lalla hasna is not focusing on the veil... I think it comes from america..

And I am very thankful towards Queen Rania who tries to defend islam's real values and spread some kind of "normal" image opposed to those "aliens" that the press wants to show...

AMMAN — "I Believe in my People" is the title of a new book by Al Rai reporter Ghaith Tarawneh on the vision and achievements of His Majesty King Abdullah, with a special emphasis on development initiatives.

The writer, who has been covering the Monarch's activities for the past five years, told The Jordan Times that the book is intended as a reference on the King's initiatives since his ascension to the Throne seven years ago.
LINK

clymène said:

No she is not free to think it's not required in Islam because the Quraan says it is. but she is free to wear it or not, God ordered us to cover, then its her choice if she doesn't want to follow GOd's orders, but she's not free to say it's not required in Islam, there are millions and millions of muslims all over the world she can't just ignore the fact that all muslims know that the veil is REQUIRED in Islam.

salwa said:
What a silly thing to say" Times i mean " …

Wearing a veil or not , or even wearing a Borqoua ..

It seems that it is the only thing these biased western media newspaper are interested in ..

I knew many veiled girls while in university and they were the top of their classes with normal characters and leading a normal life just like others ..

My mom wears a veil, she is highly educated, a neighbor of us wears a borqoua and her daughters & sisters don't …believe it or not we have the choice to wear or not to wear full religious attire …

They are making Arab women look a if they are still in Harem and as if western women are enjoying an oasis of safety , equality and freedom …

It is everyday that we hear of stories of domestic violence, sexual harassment, gender bias and battery ..just like any other 3rd world country…

The queen doesn't wear a veil lie many million Muslim women , ok ..it is our duty wear it in Islam and we have our lord – God almighty – to judge us ..i sincerely hope that god will give us the insight to fully comply with all his wishes and orders ..but until then can't they just get off our backs with their bias and stereotype image …

What wrong with these people ?!!!!

I liked what her majesty said here and I think that people should really consider this when they jump in to conclusion about Arab & Muslim worlds..

I think that what was wrote gave an impression that Queen Rania's anti -Veil , i don't wear a veil myself but i respect anywomen right to wear it , so i think we should read carefully before jumping in to haste conclusions ...

I mean she is only llike many other Jordanian, Palestenian & Arab women who don'y wear it and still i can't find any reason for people to attack her choice ....

If she was anti-Veil or daring she wouldnt have presented a veil woman as a successful Joranian model:) ..

“We can read all we like on the internet but the best way to learn about one another is through human to human contact. If people get to know one another, they can get past the stereotypes. I can’t overemphasise how important this is. There are rifts opening up that are dangerous for our world.”

I agree with what u said about God "3az wa jal" judging us and that we have NO right to judge people, I am not saying she's bad because she doesn't wear the hijab, I am not wearing it either and I guess this doesn't make me a bad person , but my point is that shes -so far- the most powerful middle eastern women to deliver how Arabs and muslims are and becaue it's her duty so far she shouldn't underestimate Islam and just say whatever she thinks in terms of the requirement of the hijab, I mean expressing her personal opinion/belief and just make the west and non-muslims take is as a fact (which is happening),she could have said , that the Quraan and Hadith asked us to wear al-hijab,but then it's the persons choice wether to follow God's orders or not, but saying it's a personal choice means that Islam didn't ask us to cover and that muslims all over the world made it up or cover because it's tradition or a cultural thing.

which is how everyone understood it. A former Prof of my dad (An American) took me out for lunch and the fist few questions he asked were , do u wear the head cover back home? did u take it off cuz ur in the US? why do women cover in the middle east? isn't it rather a traditional thing and people started mixing it with religion?

Which explains that the way the west views AL-hijab is the way Rania wanted them to view it, it's like they heard what they wanted to hear and because Rania (represents an Arabic and muslim country) they took it for granted!

Last edited:
salwa said:

Salwa ya 3ainy,I am not Anti-Rania, bel3aks,I admire alot of the things she has done for Jordan, no one can deny that, but speaking in the name of Islam is a very big responsibility and she should be aware of critisizm, not from Us as Jordanians but from those who knoow how and what Islam really is, she shudnt even have gone there, she has done a lot for Jordan I guess her concentrating on such issues is better for her than speaking in the name of Islam, cuz as I said it's really hard to do so and is a HUGE responsibility.

Last edited:
Little_star said:
She's only echoing a viewpoint that millions of muslims all over the world support, myself and most of my family included.
After all, we hear plenty from mullahs about women's dress. I'd rather hear a woman talk about it, than some self-appointed religious "leader".
Mullahs?? as shiekh?
She is echoing her view point that a few muslim support, but that doesn't mean that her vewpoint is consistent with our Islamic religion.

We've reached 11 pages of Current News & PIctures of King Abdullah and Queen Rania.

Thanks to all those who contributed to this thread.

The new thread can be found here.

See you at the new thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom