General news about King Abdullah, Queen Rania & Family 1: August 2009 - February 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:previous: This sounds like another excellence for K.Abdullah. Congratulations!:flowers:

Autocracy-lite in Jordan
...King Abdullah II's decision to dissolve Jordan's parliament barely two years into its term, and delay fresh elections until late 2010 was interpreted by Freedom House as "an attempt to manipulate the political process" and a decline in political rights. In spite of this, Jordan retains a carefully fashioned friendly image in the west and remains a key US regional ally, with Abdullah becoming the first Arab leader to visit Obama's White House in April last year. With US strategy under Obama seemingly shifting from democracy promotion towards stability-focused realism, is Amman's backsliding the shape of things to come? Is Jordan's friendly-faced "autocracy lite" the best that democracy advocates can hope for?

First among equals?
...Perhaps predictably, the majority of the press devoted to these women focuses on their appearance. Several Arab-American blogs debate who is ‘hotter,’ Queen Rania of Jordan or Asma al-Assad, wife of the President of Syria. And when the latter appeared at her husband’s side in a state visit to France in 2008, the French fashion press gushed over her every ensemble and voted her even more chic than French first lady and former model Carla Bruni-Sarkozy.

Tony Blair announces faith film awards

The eclectic judging panel will include Queen Rania of Jordan, Wendi Murdoch, Natalie Portman, June Sarpong and Jet Li. Entries will be accepted in English, French, Spanish, Urdu, Hindi, Arabic, Hebrew and Mandarin. The winning films will premiere at Bafta in July. Tony Blair announces faith film awards | Film | guardian.co.uk

Jordan's Queen Rania hosted a three-day tour of her country following the baptism of Rupert Murdoch's daughters.
The queen - who attended the baptism of the media mogul's children, Grace, eight and Chloe, six - was among a number of high-profile figures at the ceremony, including Hollywood stars Nicole Kidman and Hugh Jackman who become godparents to the 79-year-old billionaire's daughters.
The girls were baptised with holy water in the chapel at the Baptism site of Jesus Christ - where Jesus is said to have been immersed in the waters of the Jordan by John the Baptist - and Queen Rania later held a special dinner.

Full article - Monsters and Critics

Kasumi said:
Full article - Monsters and Critics
Thank you Kasumi for the link to the article as it has interesting content... It must have been a fabulous baptism, after all the rich and influencial of this world can afford such "dignity". But I do appreciate Queen Rania's effort to promote Jordan's beauty among celebrities. It served both the country and its people and the Queen presented herself at her best again! :)

Thank you salma, it seems to me she read "Maha of the Mountains" in South Africa last year. I hope the book will be very successful and understood by kids of various cultures.

http://i44.tinypic.com/jb0g1l.jpg
do you recognize this lady ? I want to share this with you : her name is Suhad Shtayyeh rania's personal assistant ; she was with her in university ; my ex manager was suhad's niece :)

http://i44.tinypic.com/jb0g1l.jpg
do you recognize this lady ? I want to share this with you : her name is Suhad Shtayyeh rania's personal assistant ; she was with her in university ; my ex manager was suhad's niece :)
Aha .. is she her friend ? u can see her name here
http://forseti.is/media/files/00.05.27.Jornaniukon.pdf
most of QR`s employees or people who are working with her are American University graduates .. very well educated people.

Qiueen Rania is the 4th on the world most beautiful woman top10
Jordan's Queen Rania the only Arab in "world's 10 most beautiful women"
Jordan's Queen Rania the only Arab in "world's 10 most beautiful women" , Clusters - ecPulse.com
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/enterta...l-on-beauty-list/story-e6frf96o-1225864945590

Last edited by a moderator:
ElBaradei, not Rania, is most popular Arab leader

Egyptian Nobel Peace Laureate Mohamed El-Baradei has become the most popular Arab political figure on Facebook,
overtaking Jordan's Queen Rania's previously dominant position across global social networks...
Source & Article

March 2009, the Historic Preservation Program has been actively at work documenting a small, abandoned villa that has been given to the GSAPP by the city of Amman. The villa was built in about 1935 for one of Jordan's first prime ministers. Five students began the documentation during spring break and seven students (along with George Wheeler and Andrew Dolkart) spent time during the summer completing the project
HP in Amman Jordan | GSAPPonline

Queen Rania of Jordan is Becoming a Different Kind of Queen
Article

Since When is Rania the Foreign Minister of Jordan?

...While the commentary was well written and its content hardly surprising for a public official in the Arab world, what was notable is that the messenger was not Jordan’s King Abdullah or Foreign Minister Nasser Judeh.

Some are asking whether the Jordanian queen's popularity rendered her a more effective diplomat than her husband.

Full Article

I don't know where these belong (I couldn't find them in other threads I checked), so I'll post them here.

Rania's op-ed in The Independent:

Queen Rania of Jordan: Hardliners are now the face of Israel - Commentators, Opinion - The Independent

And some coverage of the reaction to it in Jordan:

The Media Line

… when Her Majesty wrote an OpEd for the London Independent on the botched Israeli raid on the Gaza-bound flotilla, some Jordanians wondered whether their queen had started running the country's foreign relations department …

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom