The Royal Guardsmen, Home Guard, Military Anniversaries

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
lovely pictures! marie just looked perfect in her grey outfit. very regal and princessy. equally beautiful was her purple cocktail dress and the gala gown she chose! mary looked great in blue also. despite her age, the queen manages to make for a good competition to the younger members! her red gown was superb.

For all those wondering about the medal Mary and Marie are wearing (myself included), it isn't a medal per se, it is an "admission ticket" - like those worn at Ascot - for the day's festivities :) **Many thanks to ambiDK at CPMMB for the info

I think it´s a medal for the anniversary for the royal guardsmen and that members of the royal family who was attending the anniversy was giving the medal including Queen Margrethe, Prince Henrik, Princess Benedicte, Prince Richard, Count Ingolf and Countess Sussi.

Tons of great pictures of all the festivities here :flowers:

Mary and Marie look amazing
German Newspaper write that they don´t like each other but on these pics it looks like they have a good talk

Mary looks very beautiful and extremely elegant in the 3 latest event's!!

I love the pictures of the royals dancing from DRW. I hadnt seen any like them before, and I'm a sucker for royals dancing...

Thank you for the link, Paty. Madeleine Glindorf has some great photos on her site. I wonder if the royals themselves ever look at her site?

do we not get access to pictures of mary and the queen tonight

No, It seems that there will be no photos of this event. What a Pity!

But any away, today the all members of the Danish Royal Family will attend the parade of the Home Guard's 60th anniversary at the Home Guard school in Nymindegab. at 2:00pm.

Acording to the digital edition of newspaper JV Crown Princess Mary will be at the parade in Uniform!
As all of you know the Crown Princess completed during 2008 and 2009 the officer training for the Home Guard, and on February 20/ 2009, the Crown Princess was promoted to lieutenant. Princess Mary is now attached to the staff in Total Defence Region Copenhagen.

Tonight, the Cown Prince Couple, will attend the celebration dinner on the occasion of the Home Guard's 60 years jubilee in Nymindegab.

Added, lastest news:
The Crown Prince and the Crown Princess, departure early in the mornig in helocopter to Esbjert airpot. So they will arrive before than the others members of the Royal Family. This is because, The Crown Princess will participe in the Parade as lieutenant of the Home Guard.
Translated version of http://www.jv.dk/artikel/636865

Last edited:
It'd be so nice to see the Princess in uniform :flowers:
Let's hope for pictures. Does anyboy know if Marie will have the trainings?

It'd be so nice to see the Princess in uniform :flowers:
Let's hope for pictures. Does anyboy know if Marie will have the trainings?

I think is too early for her, she is only married for less that a year. Maybe in a short future. It will be necesary to wait and see. For the moment nothing about this issue has been relesed from the court.

Photos!

JV.dk - Nyheder fra Varde - Helle - Blaabjerg - Blåvandshuk og Ølgod

http://www.jv.dk/artikel/636995?image=11
http://www.jv.dk/artikel/636995?image=17
http://www.jv.dk/artikel/636995?image=23

http://picture.belga.be/belgapicture/editorial/all/coverage/900604.html

Last edited by a moderator:
I noticed that Caroline Mary's former lady-in-waiting is standing right behind her. She also had trainings and participating in parade. Thats nice that she's Mary's personal assistant :flowers:

Mary looked nice, happy no to see her with alot of make up at this event. Uniform does not suit Mary, maybe because I prefer her in normal outfits. Its good she completed the course and attended this event.

Are there any photos from the dinner in the evening?

Are there any photos from the dinner in the evening?

It seems that the Photos that I posted on post #117 correspond to the dinner. It was an Uniform Dinner

Hjemmeværnets 60 års jubilæum

Looks like this link hasn't been posted yet. A slide show with 49 pics without watermark.

I especially like the pics with both Frederik & Mary in uniform. It doesn't look flattering on Mary, probably because we are used to seeing her in elegant clothing, but kudos for her to go through the whole army process in the first place.

Marie looks like either pregnant with twins or giving birth any minute. She looks bored in most pics, ok she has other things on her mind, and the stilettos won't have helped feeling more comfortable. Maries hat looks like a strange type of french beret, quite ridiculous.

It seems that the Photos that I posted on post #117 correspond to the dinner. It was an Uniform Dinner

Ok - Thanks. I see now, Mary had a little more make-up on and the uniform is slightly different (or she's not wearing the jacket) from the parade ones.

Mary looks so elegant in her Uniform. Frederik and Mary look incredible good together.
x

Back
Top Bottom