The Prince of Wales & The Duchess of Cornwall visit Denmark: March 24-27, 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Got to say Mary and Camilla are looking fantastic, two great showing from them. Hope tonight the dinner is a tiara event but something tells me no, probably because I hoped for the same in Norway and was proved wrong but fingers crossed ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Despite repeated moderator warnings yesterday/earlier today, it seems we cannot move forward with this thread without attacks and an overall unpleasant attitude.

Please remember that one of the forum rules states to treat the subject matter and each other with respect. They also state to remain on topic - if you want to discuss fashion, head over to the fashion forum.

Further posts which are attacking or off-topic and serve no value to topic at hand - Charles and Camilla's visit for the Jubilee - will be removed by a moderator.

JessRulz
Danish Forum Moderator

Got to say Mary and Camilla are looking fantastic, two great showing from them. Hope tonight the dinner is a tiara event but something tells me no, probably because I hoped for the same in Norway and was proved wrong but fingers crossed ;)

I'm hoping for some serious bling myself. I loved seeing Camilla's turquoise in Norway. I hope we'll get something equally lovely this evening.

Lets move on from this civil and dignified individuals and actually have some fun with this thread! :)

Now, I am for one very excited for this banquet tonight! Any more details that we are yet to hear about it? I want to see some bling and sashes with the magnificent backdrop of a regal palace!

No, but according to my colleagues at the church, then the CPC will accompany them.
This engagement must be over by now, according to itinerary.
Was she there or wasn't she?
I have the feeling it might have been wishthinking from your colleagues. :flowers:

I personally would consider it going over the top, donning on the tiaras tonight. For what reason? Charles is CP, its not a state visit and not one of the tiara home events that the DRF usually have.

Not that I wouldnt want to see it but I really dont see it happen. Camilla has only worn a tiara abroad once (at a top class event with HM present) and she seems to avoid it where she can, possibly for image reasons.

This engagement must be over by now, according to itinerary.
Was she there or wasn't she?
I have the feeling it might have been wishthinking from your colleagues. :flowers:
I don´t know, I haven´t talked with them today :flowers:

Lets move on from this civil and dignified individuals and actually have some fun with this thread! :)

Now, I am for one very excited for this banquet tonight! Any more details that we are yet to hear about it? I want to see some bling and sashes with the magnificent backdrop of a regal palace!

I really hope so too! I'm not sure about the dinner etiquette in Denmark with the black tie = tiara question, do you reckon we may see some orders and sashes tonight?

I personally would consider it going over the top, donning on the tiaras tonight. For what reason? Charles is CP, its not a state visit and not one of the tiara home events that the DRF usually have.

Not that I wouldnt want to see it but I really dont see it happen. Camilla has only worn a tiara abroad once (at a top class event with HM present) and she seems to avoid it where she can, possibly for image reasons.

Ehh wishful thinking I suppose? We can always dream! :D

Given that another 2 British soldiers have just been killed in Afghanistan, I'm sure Charles and Camilla would prefer that today's remaining engagements are pretty low key.

I don´t know, I haven´t talked with them today :flowers:
I have just heard from the organ player and only Charles and Camilla, a lot of securitypeople, courtpeople and photographers were present :flowers:
But beforehand they were told that the CPC would be present also.

I won't be surprised if we won't see tiaras tonight, so far we didn't during this tour and Camilla is not very 'tiaras lover'. But I can also imagine tiaras cause Danish Royal Family like such a events.

That ice cream cone looks so delicious. I really like that the Prince & Duchess frequently visit local businesses and show such such support for entrepreneurs.

I always love seeing royals do things like eat ice cream, something I consider myself quite good at......About the tiara question.....maybe, maybe not but a nice necklace and brooch wouldn't hurt anyone right?

That ice cream cone looks so delicious. I really like that the Prince & Duchess frequently visit local businesses and show such such support for entrepreneurs.
And they taste even better - I´m glad that the kiosk is closed on Sundays when I walk by :whistling::whistling::whistling::whistling::whistling:

:previous: Thanks, Marika86 :flowers:

The coverage om DR1 has started. It's not a continous coverage.
There will be live footage inside Amalienborg a little later.

There are three guests in the studio, who will comment on the dinner. One of them, a British ex-pat told that she had met C&C at the British embassy. She didn't say when that took place. My guess is last night.

Another guest explained how this visit to Scandinavia is linked to QEII's jubilee: Instead of having a lot of visitors dropping by in UK in order to congratulate QEII, C&C have been dispatched so that the DRF, SRF and NRF can congratulate QEII through them. And that this should be seen as a gesture towards the Scandinavian RF's, as C&C (she said) donøt go on that many official visits. - That is a downright odd explanation in my eyes! It would be equivalent to you and your husband inviting yourselves to visit some of the neighbours of your parents, so that the neighbours can congratulate your parents on their anniversary.... :ermm: Nah, don't think so! I believe the tree story is much more correct.

Lovely articles, thank you Marika.
Interesting to read the (overwhelmingly positive) comments as well.

Prince Charles and Camilla took a tour of the Kronborg Castle and the old town.
They visited a local theatre group that is named Prince Hamlet; Shakespeare's famous play was apparently set in Kronborg Castle.

- Charles and Camilla (love this picture)
- Camilla is presented with some flowers
- Charles and Camilla are welcomed to the castle
- Charles and Camilla with Prince Hamlet theatre group members
- Gallery from Daylife

Prince Charles also visited the Danish Rud Rasmussen Furniture Workshop during a guided tour by Marlene la Cour Rasmussen, the great grandchild of the founder Rudolf Rasmussen. While there, he talked to some of the craftsmen.
- Prince Charles

Last edited:
I don't think that it's possible outside Denmark. DR1 coverages this event.

The coverage continues and in a few moments we will see the guest greeting the DRF and C&C.

The coverage has so far been focusing on Prince Charles, with a balanced and fair portrait of him. Not least his interest in ecology.

Among the guests invited are Sofie Gråbøl, the main actor from the seris The Killing, which some of our UK readers may be familiar with. The Duchess is apparantly an enthusiastic follower of this series and she and Mary will visit the studio where the third series is being filmed right now. However Sofie Gråbøl cannot reveal who the murderor will be in the third season. - She doesn't know.

There was an interesting comparison between Frederik and Charles in their capacities as heirs. Apart from the age cap their roles is very different indeed agreed the royal experts.
Prince Charles have more than 400 protections, most of them charities. That is not so much the tradition here in DK. - The state takes care of that.
But in contrast to the BRF, the DRF, not least Frederik, is used extensively as door openers for Danish commerce. Working very closely with Danish trade delegations at official visits.
Another contrast which was pointed out is that M&F are extremely popular here in DK, and while QMII is immensely respected, a large segement of the Danes would M&F to take over, tomorrow or earlier if possible.
While in Britain a large segment of the Britons are not that eager for C&C to take over.

Alas, no tiaras as far as as I can tell. Medium size bling bling, but no tiaras.

C&C visited a shop in Copenhagen, where they produce handmade furnitures and Prince Charles was presented with a chair. And he had seen the whole process from start to finish.

The greeting has started. Camilla is wearing a medium blue dress. Mary is wearing a deep lilac dress and our Marie a royal blue dress. (I hope the fashionistas will treat me with kindness. That's my best shot at dresses. I can't help it, it's my chromosomes). :p

Last edited:
Thank you so much for the picture, Nico! :flowers:
I absolutely love Camilla's gown; it's easily one of my favourites of the Duchess, as is the wonderful necklace.
Queen Margrethe looks lovely but I wouldn't say I'm particularly fond of her ensemble; all the black lace just doesn't appeal to me.

Such a shame this is another non-tiara event though, I had high hopes for Denmark. :sad:

Camilla does look great, is that the same necklace that the Countess of Wessex wore to the Swedish royal wedding? Very sad that its a no tiara affair, the distinct lack of bling has been the only negative on this trip!

And i think this dear Margrethe is wearing her somewhat disturbing golden poppies tonight !

Camilla does look great, is that the same necklace that the Countess of Wessex wore to the Swedish royal wedding? Very sad that its a no tiara affair, the distinct lack of bling has been the only negative on this trip!

I cannot be certain from the picture, but to me it looks like Camilla is wearing the modern diamond necklace, which is apparently her private property (presumably, she had it before marrying Charles). It could be Sophie's necklace as well though; the general shape is similar.

Last edited:
They don't look the same to me. Sophies looks more antique IMO>

she seems to avoid it where she can, possibly for image reasons.

Maybe it just hurts her head? Or if she really has the beginning signs of osteoporosis, as was speculated when her posture became worse over the years, then it's just not good to carry something really heavy above your head?:flowers:

T
Queen Margrethe looks lovely but I wouldn't say I'm particularly fond of her ensemble; all the black lace just doesn't appeal to me.

One can only hope that the Daily Mail will not describe her as 2another Copy-Kate".....:D

Back
Top Bottom