State Visit from the USA to Denmark: September 2-3, 2019 {Cancelled}

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does that mean the state visit is canceled too ?

Every time someone asks a basic, simple question like this, just a few more crucial CCs of oxygen are pumped into his leathery innards.

There are many Americans who would support the US leaving (stop supporting) the U.N. NATO would be on that list as well.

LaRae

I often agree with you, but not here. It would be catastrophic for the U.S. to abandon our NATO allies, and ill-advised to leave the UN.

I literally do not know ONE fellow American who feels otherwise.:ermm:

As of now the State visit is still on. He’s only cancelling his meeting with the PM.

Is Denmark breathing a sigh of relief.?

Oh dear, that mean prime minister took his toy away.

According to NBC News - with a reference to the White House - the entire (state) visit is cancelled ('at this time' - as you never know what happens next I assume).

It would be rather unheard of if he is on a state visit to a country and refuses to meet the PM. Yet, first ordering a state visit and next cancelling that same state visit because you don't get what you want is rather unheard of as well - but well, what else to expect nowadays...

Last edited:
Will the visit be canceled? Should the visit really take place, it will be extremely uncomfortable for the Queen and the Danish politicians to be with Trump after all this controversy. Refusing to be with a prime minister from another country just because they don't give in to what he wants is crazy.

Will the visit be canceled? Should the visit really take place, it will be extremely uncomfortable for the Queen and the Danish politicians to be with Trump after all this controversy. Refusing to be with a prime minister from another country just because they don't give in to what he wants is crazy.
Welcome to the United States of America.

According to NBC News - with a reference to the White House - the entire (state) visit is cancelled ('at this time' - as you never know what happens next I assume).

It would be rather unheard of if he is on a state visit to a country and refuses to meet the PM. Yet, first ordering a state visit and next cancelling that same state visit because you don't get what you want is rather unheard of as well - but well, what else to expect nowadays...

Think of all of the hard work and preparations that went into this visit and he’s cancelling just because he didn't get what he wanted. All I can say is wow. How unbelievably rude.

Last edited:
Danish website bt.dk says the visit has been canceled!

I often agree with you, but not here. It would be catastrophic for the U.S. to abandon our NATO allies, and ill-advised to leave the UN.

I literally do not know ONE fellow American who feels otherwise.:ermm:

I know quite a number that do. I'd guess there are polls out there somewhere....I have a lot of contact with military members and the vast majority I've been around (the past 30 plus years) would agree with the idea to get out of the UN...for multiple reasons.

LaRae

Well well well. I am not really surprised that POTUS has cancelled the visit. And i wouldn't be in the least surprised if the visit is announced as being back on again in a few days time.
If that should occurr the DRF could always serve up Spam or herrings in Dill sauce. Or an order from Maccas would go down a treat.

Think of all of the hard work and preparations that went into this visit and he’s cancelling just because he didn't get what he wanted. All I can say is wow. How unbelievably rude.
Standard Operating Procedure for 45.

I'm sure Greenland's royal family is more than pleased not to have to entertain ... someone who so grossly has offended the Greenlandic people with the obscene suggestion that they and their country are somehow for sale. After all, this was Mary's reaction to him before he had even begun to insult the country of which she too is Crown Princess :cool:

Last edited by a moderator:
Well well well. I am not really surprised that POTUS has cancelled the visit. And i wouldn't be in the least surprised if the visit is announced as being back on again in a few days time.
If that should occurr the DRF could always serve up Spam or herrings in Dill sauce. Or an order from Maccas would go down a treat.

Better make that two deluxe sets of Legos to play with. Should Trump announce that he's reconsidered and the state visit is on again, I wouldn't blame Denmark one bit for just replying "too late".

This is definitely not a good look for President Trump. When it comes to diplomacy, tact and common courtesy, he's failed miserably with this one.

Better make that two deluxe sets of Legos to play with. Should Trump announce that he's reconsidered and the state visit is on again, I wouldn't blame Denmark one bit for just replying "too late".

This is definitely not a good look for President Trump. When it comes to diplomacy, tact and common courtesy, he's failed miserably with this one.

And many other failures. I am only sorry Queen Margrethe's dogs can't bite his ankles.
https://www.nytimes.com/2019/08/20/...ion=click&module=Most Popular&pgtype=Homepage

Well, that's it.

No state visit. And probably no state visit during the current DK government, and I doubt PM Mette Frederiksen, will be invited to the White House anytime soon.

The US ambassador to DK, tweeted only hours before this cancellation that everything was getting ready for the visit.

Well, the reactions and comments will pour in over the next hours, while I'm at work, so see you later.

- Perhaps those Americans who thought this was a great idea, should study the US War of Independence and why it was fought. - Something about the right to self-determination and being free of being ruled and told what to do by a foreign power far away...

For Trump it seems being impossible to understand how impossible or at least difficult thing purchasing of Greenland is. But otherwise Trump is quiet out of reality anyway. Danish government couldn't even sell Greenland if then Greenlanders don't want that. And price would be anyway ridicolously hihg, possibility even higher than US annual state budget.

Yeah, Trump's feelings are hurt because he’s been told Greenland isn’t for sale, so he’s upset and has canceled the entire US State Visit.

Boy, the man treat our respected allies like garbage and our enemies like old friends. This nightmare can’t come to an end fast enough for me.

Last edited by a moderator:
I feel sorry for all the decent hardworking honest people who work in the US State Dept trying to be diplomatic with all the irregularities they have to deal with.

I really feel the DRF courtiers are breathing a sigh of relief. No having to put on fake smiles and dealing with strange requests and or insults from the POTUS contingent.

yes well ofcourse!What else!hahahahaha...the risee of the world can't buy an island,now he's sulking hahaha/....what tragedy he's not coming....NOT! hahahaha ???:whistling::lol:

And I do agree with Tarllta in the post above...The intellect of HM Queen Margrethe II won't have to go in dumbo mode hahaha..

Last edited:
Wait...so he waa...actually serious about buying Greenland?

?

This presidency is more entertaining than many current tv shows :lol:

Can Canada please suggest to buy Alaska from the US, i just want to see what happens...(maybe i should tweet this, that is the official protocol these days)

So does Denmark send him a bill now for the expenses they made for this cancelled visit?

Sorry for the snarky post, but it's a bit difficult to taje this all serious :flowers:

Splendid, it´s off! I´m so happy and relieved for the Royal Family - congratulations to them!

Might be wrong but, in modern times, it's an unprecedented breach of diplomacy, protocol or i would say basic politeness from a US head of States to an alied nation.

Some wars started for less than that.

Challenging times we are living in ...

Well how unbelievably rude (not that I am surprised at the President's ability to be rude)
In many ways I'm sure the Queen and RF are secretly relieved but I Read somewhere staff had cancelled holidays thanks to the odd timing and food had already been ordered.
I hope when Trump's stopped his tantrum and decides he wants to visit he finds the Queen too busy to see him. And I hope Margrethe lets her bestie Elizabeth II (a great woman according to Trump) know and she berates him too (not going to happen but hey).

I just read the Presidents tweet.
He said, I will be POSTPONING the visit. That doesn't mean an outright cancellation, never to make this visit. Postpone means putting the visit off to another time.

So hold onto the Spam tins and alert McDonalds, there could still be a visit at a later date.
However, I very much doubt it.

Can anyone tell me why Potus is going to Poland. I wonder if he will cancel that too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom