State Visit from Sweden to Denmark: May 9-11, 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

H.M. Margrethe

Courtier
City
Odense
Country
Denmark
Acording to www.tv2.dk we will have a nice visit from Sweden next year from 9.-11. of May.
The guest will be King Carl Gustav, Queen Silvia and CP Victoria...Let´s hope that CP Mary has giving birth befor Carl Gustav, Silvia and Victoria are comming :flowers: :flowers: :flowers: :flowers: :flowers:

This was a very happy anouncement that I have waited long for, it´s about time for a statevisit to Denmark. Can´t wait :)

It will happen around second baby's birth:)

Great!
Now all we need is to get is news about a second state visit to Great Britain as well...
... since the first one was, as it's the same case with Denmark, more than 30 years ago, before the King's marriage to Queen Silvia.

If its around the time of bub's delivery, then its quite unlikely that the Crown Princess shall participate in any great capacity.

I hope I'm (and of course could be) wrong :flowers:

Last edited:
Honestly I think it would be great, if it would be exactly at the time of the birth. So maybe the Royal guests (esp. Christians godmum) could visit mamma and baby in hospital (in between the programme) :wub: :rolleyes:
Well, but actually I´m pretty sure, that the real due date is earlier.

Yes ets hope so! It would be a pity if princess Mary couldnt take part... Maybe not full-time but if she could atleast attend one engagement it would be great

Yennie said:
Yes ets hope so! It would be a pity if princess Mary couldnt take part... Maybe not full-time but if she could atleast attend one engagement it would be great

And if only one engagement, may it be the state banquet.

Would like to see the noticeably pregnant Mary in full length gown, with orders and tiara.

Last edited:
That sounds good! Scandinavian Royal Familys come together! :flowers:
Queen Margrethe and Queen Silvia usually wear stunning dresses during Statebanquets, so let's hope for some!;)
Let's see when Mary's baby will be born. Maybe the Swedish RF can visit the Newborn in the hospital.;)

Im so excited!! Has CP Victoria seen her godson since the ceremony?

An online article (in Danish) at BT.dk has unveiled some of the activities to take place during the state visit from Sweden this May.

TM The King and Queen of Sweden, The Queen of Denmark, TRH The Prince Consort and Crown Prince of Denmark and The Crown Princess of Sweden are to visit the gigantic shopping mall “Field’s” which is situated in Ørestaden, an area with a very mixed Danish-Swedish population. In fact, half the employees at Field’s are Swedes!

Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Prince Victoria are to open a new gymnasium (i.e. senior high school), also in Ørestaden, and moreover, there will be two large dinners: A gala dinner at Christiansborg Palace on the first night of the visit, and The King of Sweden’s return dinner on the last evening. On the second evening of the visit, the Copenhagen Opera House stages a gala performance.

Finally, some parts of the programme are attended by individual royals. For instance, HM Queen Silvia is to visit a retirement home on her own and the Copenhagen University Hospital in order to acquaint herself with the research of Alzheimer’s in Denmark. HM The King and HRH The Crown Princess of Sweden will visit some industries together, and finally, the cousins Margrethe and Carl Gustaf have some arrangements together as well.

HRH Crown Princess Mary is not mentioned in any of the plans, seeing that she has probably become a mother of two at the time of the visit.

/Lasse Pedersen

To bad Mary won't participate in the events, but it's pretty certain she will attend lunchs and the galla, right ? Just not the day events ..

I hope, Mary is there. But I think she stay with her two lovely children to home...

Since it's a Sate visit I'm assuming there will be a gala. If so does anybody know what night it will be held?

As Lasse posted above, the finalized detailed schedule for the visit is complete. The official times have been given out to the press (thanks Jess:flowers: ), where, when, and what time.

:swedenflag: :daneflag:
May 9, 2007: Day One.

09:30 am Copenhagen Harbour - Toldboden
:king3:
  • His Majesty the King, the Queen, and CP Victoria arrive in Copenhagen Harbour and are greeted by QM, Prince Consort, Frederik, and other members of the royal family. *Mary is not listed as participating*
11:10am Arrival at Fredensborg Slot
:castle2:

12:40pm
  • Official photos to be taken at Fredensborg Slot with all of the aboved mentioned *except Mary so far.*
3:10-4:40pm
  • The Swedish King and Queen visits the furniture factory Fritz Hansen, in Lynge.
3:00 - 3:45 pm
  • Frederik and Victoria visits the Landbohøjskole, more specifically the centre for "Healthy nutrition".
4:00 - 4.45
  • Frederik and Victoria visit the Danish Sports association, at Idrættens hus.

8-11pm
:crown7:
  • The big gala dinner at Chrisitiansborg Slot. Everyone will be there including (in Danish, Medlemmer af den kongelige familie) Which I think means, the whole royal gang.:ermm: Expect a lot of big hair, big dresses, and fabulous tiaras.
More to come along with links to photos, news, etc. as the days progress.

Last edited by a moderator:
You will probably need sunglasses tonight when two of the most glittering Queens and their families meet for the State Banquet.:flowers:

Btw,TM and Crown Princess Victoria will arrive by swedish naval vessel "Visborg" at Toldboden,next to Amalienborg Palace.

Tomorrow morning at 09.00AM TM will visit the Svenske Kirke and at 10.00AM they will join the Danish RF at Christian VIII Palace,Amalienborg,for ao,the exhibition of Queen Ingrids gala dresses that are on display to mark the 60th anniversary of the late Queen becoming Queen Ingrid on the ascession on the Throne of King Frederik IX.

Last edited:
Oh, that pic of Victorias hairbun is just wonderful, gives back so much hope for the future, ah to think we have seen the better part of her pigtails is just what I need on a rainy day to have a ray of sun....
I could almost forgive her for that awful feather thingy that the royals nowadays seem so fond of:wub:

Queen Silvia looks beautiful elegent as usual, i love her hat, very pretty. she is never dissapointing. Victoria also looks great, i like her hair peice, she also seems to be excited about this visit, she has a wonderful smile. Frederik & Victoria seem to be close

I would love to see Mary!Hope we can get to see her maybe in the Gala Banquet!

victoria looks lovely !!! very elegant !!
I think Fred Victoria and Haakon ( I know he isnt there ) all seem to be
close ! they all look like realy good friends

dazzling said:
Queen Silvia looks beautiful elegent as usual, i love her hat, very pretty. she is never dissapointing. Victoria also looks great, i like her hair peice, she also seems to be excited about this visit, she has a wonderful smile. Frederik & Victoria seem to be close
You should have seen the 'hat clash' between the two queens on TV:lol: - they gave up on the second peck to the cheek due to the battling of the brims!
Victoria and Frederik do indeed seem very close; they shared a car on the way to Fredensborg, and you could see Frederik talking rather animatedly and grinning in the car - he was probably going to show her some 20 photos of his newborn;)

Beautiful! I didn't think she would be in any of the events. Could this mean she could possibly be in the gala dinner?!

Kelly said:
Beautiful! I didn't think she would be in any of the events. Could this mean she could possibly be in the gala dinner?!

Everything is possible, but ofcourse, there is a difference between posing for at the highest 30 minutes and going to the gala dinner.

Prince Christian was there!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Princess Robijn said:
Everything is possible, but ofcourse, there is a difference between posing for at the highest 30 minutes and going to the gala dinner.
Just a few weeks after Christian's birth the Norwegian Couple was one a State Visit to Denmark. Back then Mary attended the Baquet... so I think she'll attend at one of the galas or banquets...

:king3:

berry said:
really? did you see a picture of him? maybe you can post it:)

I've seen a video, Prince Christian was waiting at the door when the Swedish and Danish Royals arrived.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom