State Visit from Sweden to Denmark: May 9-11, 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yennie said:
True, its no problems... atleast not until someone says a number :flowers: Did you notice that Dronning Margrethe said all numbers in her speach she held on wednesday both in swedish and danish?

Swedish numbers are hellish :bang:

..... and I work in an accounting department with a swedish co-worker. :ROFLMAO:

"I said 745,75"

"What did you say?"

"745,75"

"Eh?"

"Seven-four-five, seven-five"

"Ah 745,75"

"What did you say"

"Yes"

Hillarious :rolleyes: :D

Last edited:
MargreteI said:
Swedish numbers are hellish :bang:

..... and I work in an accounting department with a swedish co-worker. :ROFLMAO:

"I said 745,75"

"What did you say?"

"745,75"

"Eh?"

"Ah 745,75"

"What did you say"

"Yes"

Hillarious :rolleyes: :D

Personally I (a Norwegian) feel that way regarding Danish numbers - I always have to say one and one digit in my phone-number when I give it to Danes, because of dreaded 56... :ohmy:

But I also found it interesting how Margrethe, not only gave the numbers in both languages, but also slipped into Swedish on occasion, and spoke fairly slow in Danish. Carl Gustaf was more on a roll when he spoke. I still understood both of them perfectly, though. :flowers:

norwegianne said:
Personally I (a Norwegian) feel that way regarding Danish numbers - I always have to say one and one digit in my phone-number when I give it to Danes, because of dreaded 56... :ohmy:

But I also found it interesting how Margrethe, not only gave the numbers in both languages, but also slipped into Swedish on occasion, and spoke fairly slow in Danish. Carl Gustaf was more on a roll when he spoke. I still understood both of them perfectly, though. :flowers:

I don't think it is that surprising because Queen Ingrid was swedish and I am sure she taught her daughter the basics. :)

Thank you for the video links and photos everyone! Crown Princess Victoria looked stunning at the opera and from day 3 of the visit in her evening gown.

I can't remember when I've seen all the royal woman look as stunning as I have seen in the past few days. Victoria's wardrobe has been outstanding ... of course with the notable exception of the 6 button tiara (ugh!) ... she looked absolutely radiant every day... I LOVED her gown and amethyst tiara at the Ballet. Her gown tonight is gorgeous!

Victoria's dress from this evening was gorgeous! And she wore my favorite tiara with it. :flowers:

You know, if Fred and Mary had not been married, it would have been interesting to entertain thoughts of Fred and Victoria ending up together. From the photos from this state visit, they seem to have such a good rapport and to enjoy one another's company.

Queen Silvia looks absolutely wonderful. I think the tiara that she is wearing tonight is my favorite one of hers. Her dress is perfection.
Victoria looks beautiful. The dress is a daring departure from her normal choices. (and in some pictures, to me, it looks as if it is made out of leather, which gave me a good laugh! Can you imagine!):shock:
What is the age difference between Fred and Victoria? I wonder why they never got together so to speak. Are they realted? For some reason I thought they were 1st cousins, but I guess that is QM and Victoria's father, right?
In any case, the ladies all looked very beautiful.

sesa said:
Queen Silvia looks absolutely wonderful. I think the tiara that she is wearing tonight is my favorite one of hers. Her dress is perfection.
Victoria looks beautiful. The dress is a daring departure from her normal choices. (and in some pictures, to me, it looks as if it is made out of leather, which gave me a good laugh! Can you imagine!):shock:
What is the age difference between Fred and Victoria? I wonder why they never got together so to speak. Are they realted? For some reason I thought they were 1st cousins, but I guess that is QM and Victoria's father, right?
In any case, the ladies all looked very beautiful.

Victoria and Frederik are 2nd cousins. Carl Gustaf's aunt was Margrethe's mother. Victoria is 9 years younger than Frederik; he was born in 1968 and she was born in 1977. They never got together because they are both the heirs to their respective thrones and it would be rather complicated for them to marry and have children.

Victoria and Frederik have definite chemistry. It's clear even in still photos. A pity they didn't marry--2nd cousins isn't THAT close of a family tie.

Tinika said:
Victoria and Frederik have definite chemistry. It's clear even in still photos. A pity they didn't marry--2nd cousins isn't THAT close of a family tie.

The fact they never married has little to do with being 2nd cousins and more to do with the fact they are the heirs to their respective countries' thrones. I think it would be rather difficult for Victoria to be Queen Regnant of Sweden and Queen Consort of Denmark. She'd hardly be in Denmark. And what about children? What country would the child/children inherit? It's too complicated and I don't think Victoria would ever abdicate.

Tinika said:

I agree:flowers: besides that, Victoria looked stunning, dress looked abit different from what she usually wears (stiff, typical royal dresses) loved the color on her. The Queens didnt look their best imo, but both in different shades of yellow which was nice, i liked the tiara's too.

MargreteI said:
That really depends how one define one language, because the differences between Danish, Norwegen and Swedish do exist but they are not larger then the differences found in dialects of other languages in other larger countries.

Though said to be three different languages, they can also be seen as dialects of the same scandinavian language.

During work I speak danish, my co-worker speak swedish, and it works fine. :)

ahh always wondered, finally i got an explanation, thanks:flowers:

Last edited by a moderator:
Beautiful dress and tiara that Victoria wore!

Kelly said:
Beautiful dress and tiara that Victoria wore!

I agree 100%! :flowers: Victoria has looked fantastic this whole state visit!

She has never looked this good, Wheres Madeleine?

Another clip from Dr.dk about the last day of the Swedish visit. As a bonus Queen Silvia gave a short interview to the journalist. Click here.

A series of lovely photos from Billed Bladet highlighting the State Visit to Denmark.

More photos from tonight's dinner courtesy of Sydsvenskan.se. Here's an article from Sydsvenskan paper. Unfortunately, I don't speak nor understand Swedish. Perhaps if one of our fellow Swedish members would like to translate, using your own words please, we would be very grateful.:flowers:

Royal Fan said:
She has never looked this good, Wheres Madeleine?

She's the Regent in Sweden at the moment as the King, Queen and Victoria are away and Carl Philip is in the States.

This has been the best trip ever!:clap: CP Victoria has really dazzled us all! (I love that she has worn three different tiaras) And all the royal ladies have looked so stunning.

Thanks for sharing both the pics and the videos!:flowers:

Thanks for all the wonderful pics! I can't quite make the color of Victoria's dress. Depending on the lighting, it looks green or grey to me. Does anyone know for sure?

you're welcome Jess:flowers:, those tiaras are a MUST see in HQ, the decor, the dresses, the sashes, the tiaras, it's almost a crime to watch them with watermarks
I'll make a bigger pic pack with all events (heavy thing:rolleyes:)

Last edited:
I thought Victoria's dress for the return dinner in Malmo was just stunning. She looked fantastic during this whole trip. And I can see where those who are saying Victoria and Frederik have some chemistry are coming from. If one of them was not the heir to the throne, they would make a good-looking couple.

This has really been the most glamorous state visit in years.
CP Victoria looked just radiant - this time I even liked the amethyst tiara on her - all her clothing & hairstyles were classy, especially the brown one for the last dinner.
Same goes for her mother Queen Silvia. Three new evening gowns: An almost QEII style heavily embroidered one for the gala, a more 'flirty' green one for the opera and a very 'stately' yellow one for the Malmö dinner.
If only Queen Marrethe would have chosen a different dress on the last night - of course the Russian sapphires are great, but the print's color combination really hurts my eyes!
All in all - what a splendid state visit, making a convincing statement about the advantage of still having monarchs instead of Presidents as Head Of State.

Love,love, loved Victoria's dress last nite in Malmø...although her other dresses were pretty, i sometimes feel their cut is very princess-dress-circa-1998, if you know what i mean. I relish seeing her in something different for once!!! But gorgeous all the way through this trip.
And Queen Magrethe's dress in malmø has some loud print, one can't help noticing her tall and elegant body...She really looks terrific( besides the teeth..i say we make a collection and send her to get them whitened:ROFLMAO:)

Anyway, what fun!!!!

Last edited:
ok, anyone with issues with the download please PM and I'll explain:)

I know that we have all been following this visit extensively and have been focusing a great deal on the really incredible showing by the royal women. I would like to digress for a moment and perhaps someone can help me with a few things in regards to the men.

After looking at the video clips on the Danish Royal Watchers site, I was struck by how well Prince Richard looks. I thought there was something, perhaps in a Princess Benedikte thread about his poor health. Has he recovered or am I just making it up in my mind?

I am also interested in the attire of Prince Joachim. During the arrival, King CG, Prince Henrik, and CP Frederik were all in military uniform, but Prince Joachim was not. Instead he was wearing a suit. Is it because he is in a different branch of the military (non-navy) or because he is retired?

Thanks for any response!

Mapper

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom