State Visit from China to Denmark: June 14-16, 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JessRulz

Former Administrator
City
Melbourne
Country
Australia
On the invitation of Her Majesty The Queen and His Royal Highness The Prince Consort,
His Excellency The President of the People's Republic of China and Mrs Liu Yongqing
will pay a State Visit to Denmark between June 14 and 16, 2012.

:daneflag2:
:chinaflag::daneflag2::chinaflag:

Press Release

Queen Margrethe, Prince Henrik, President Hu Jintao and his wife Liu Yongqing posed for some official photos at Amalienborg Palace
and made a trip around Copenhagen harbour with the Dannebrog today, June 15.

** b.dk gallery: Dronningen byder Hu Jintao indenfor **

** sn.dk gallery: Dronningen og præsidenten stak til søs **

And here are two more additional galleries from yesterday:

** BB: Middag på Christiansborg **

** pp: La princesse Mary sublime pour la réception du président chinois Hu Jintao **

Last edited:
The state dinner takes place first tonight. The pictures from the dinner at Christiansborg was because of a meeting of international enterprisefederations in Copenhagen.

The state dinner takes place first tonight. The pictures from the dinner at Christiansborg was because of a meeting of international enterprisefederations in Copenhagen.

That is correct. The dinner Thursday evening had nothing to do with the Chinese state visit.
The gala dinner for the Chinese state visit will take place tonight, Friday, and DR1 will show one hour from the dinner, the speeches and the visit at 20.00.

The CP couple have just arrived. Mary is wearing the hot pink dress from the wedding in Monaco and her wedding tiara.

Muhler's Marie ;) and Joachim arrived before the CP couple, Marie wearing her usual beautiful tiara and a pale teal (greenish/blueish) dress.

Queen Margrethe is reusing her dress with a white top, aqua green skirt and a big bow at her waist.

Last edited:
If it weren't for the grey hair Frederik would look about 25 in some of these pictures! Both he and Mary look really good.

I always find it strinking how much ill-at-ease Frederik looks at such events. One can only fear the worst for his future as King.
Mary on the contrary is thriving on such occasions, and even though Frederik looks so miserable I still believe that he thanks the lord every day that Mary is there to be around him (unlike other posters who think that Fred is annoyed by Mary grabbing the attention).

I don't think Frederik looked ill-at-ease during the state visit or e.g. during their visit to South-Korea.
But he is more "open" than Mary who always seems very self-controlled.
Frederik can look very friendly, attentive or at-ease one moment and bored, angry or ill-at-ease the next.
And he doesn't seem willing to put up a face/mask/show for the media (like I feel other royals do). He really seems to dislike this aspect of his life. I too don't think he is in any way annoyed Mary "grabs" the attention.

Last edited:
I always find it strinking how much ill-at-ease Frederik looks at such events. One can only fear the worst for his future as King.
Mary on the contrary is thriving on such occasions, and even though Frederik looks so miserable I still believe that he thanks the lord every day that Mary is there to be around him (unlike other posters who think that Fred is annoyed by Mary grabbing the attention).

I haven't notice that Frederick looks ill-at-ease at these events. But I agree, that he seems truly pleased that Mary's by his side for such events. She seems to be so self-confident these situation that she's a true asset. I get the same feeling when I watch Crown Prince Philippe and Crown Prince Willem-Alexander. They all seems to enjoy their wives who share or even take some of the spotlight off them. That's a very good thing IMO.

Last edited:

I feel we are being a tad over dramatic. :whistling: I dont see Frederik looking ill-at-ease at all. Are we looking at the whole state visit or just the minute of him walking down the hall on the way to the gala??

At the airport, Frederik and Mary seemed friendly and warm greeting the president and his wife. With a smile.
On the second day, Frederik took the lead at a Chinese-Danish Business Conference in Moltke's Palace.
And then played host with Mary, taking the president and his wife to Rosenborg Palace.

Frederik has strengths and weaknesses like everyone else (even other royals) but I feel his time as king (when the time comes) will run smoothly.

I do agree that he thanks his lucky stars for Mary

Last edited:
I feel we are being a tad over dramatic. :whistling: I dont see Frederik looking ill-at-ease at all. Are we looking at the whole state visit or just the minute of him walking down the hall on the way to the gala??

You can find those pictures at almost every single "heavy" state event, where it is down to represent the crown, such as State Visits, New Year diplomatic event etc.

Very often he looks something between ill, bored, depressed, as if the weight of the world was on his shoulders. In my opinion.

You can find those pictures at almost every single "heavy" state event, where it is down to represent the crown, such as State Visits, New Year diplomatic event etc.

Very often he looks something between ill, bored, depressed, as if the weight of the world was on his shoulders. In my opinion.

But isn't he representing the crown and Denmark at the other events of the state visit that i mentioned and not just the galas? ?
When he greets the President at the airport and showing him around Rosenberg Palace he is also representing the crown.
When he is at the Chinese-Danish Business conference he is also representing Denmark.

For example, his recent trip to South Korea, what better press could the crown and Denmark (danish Business) wanted?

But maybe I am missing your point because I dont see Frederik looking ill or depressed. He looks serious but at ease. IMO

Various details from a number of articles in Billed Bladet #25, 2012.

Mary, Frederik, our Marie and her Joachim, were observed chatting merrily away, both at the welcoming of the Chinese President and prior to the gala dinner. - I notice from a picture in the magazine that Joachim, being the perfect gentleman, buried his hands in his pockets just like Frederik, no doubt so that his older brother would feel even more at ease.
While Marie at some point made Mary laugh out loud.

La charmant Marie's dress at the gala was from Rikke Gudnitz. It's in silk.

The state visit was a major sucking up to the Chinese. This was about serious money and we Danes are in many ways used-horse-dealers. ;)
Of course there are always things that don't go according to plan.

When the Chinese President and the first lady left the plane, they greeted the DRF, but at the same time a couple of hundred Chinese members of the press also milled out of the plane and surrounded the President and the DRF, snapping away with the cameras. So they had to be ushered to the side, because the welcoming wasn't over. The President, Hu Jintao, inspected the honour guard along with QMII. Apparantly that isn't normal procedure for the President because the Chinese journalists noted that he looked very honoured.

The President and the entourage was driven to a hotel, but the DRF drivers must have been napping somewhere, because the DRF were left to stand for some time, before their cars arrived.

The Regent Couple visited China in 1979 and Prince Henrik has been in China several times. He speaks some Chinese. (Don't know whether it's Mandarin or Cantonese).

The visit was a welcoming surprise for Chinese tourists here in DK. (*) And some tourists got an extra motive for the camera. Not least at the Little Mermaid, which the President had requested to see. Apparantly H.C. Andersen's fairy tales are so open to interpretation that even when China was most Communist, they were considered most suitable for school children and as such the President and most Chinese for that matter are familiar with his works.
As it is the mermaid isn't placed in the most romantic settings in my opinion, but for this occasion a stand had been contructed for the Chinese visitors to get as close to the statue as possible. Ironically a busload of Chinese tourists were shooed away just prior to the arrival of their President, - but, that was just an extra photo for the album, so no complaints there.

As far as I know it was the first time that visiting heads of state were taken on a tour of Copenhagen harbour onboard Dannebrog. Of particular interest to the guests was the fact that the water in the harbour is now clean enough to swim in safely.

There were 300 guests for the galadinner. QMII wore a dress by Birgitte Thaulow.

The visit must be considered a huge success! Danish commerce are most delighted. :clap: - There were some minor chirps about press coverage and demonstrators being hidden away and human rights stuff, but who cares? This was about money.

(*) They are most welcome as they spend a lot of money here, more so than most other nationalities.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom