State Visit from Brazil to Denmark: September 12-13, 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JessRulz

Former Administrator
City
Melbourne
Country
Australia
There will be a State Visit from Brazil to Denmark between September 12 and 13 this year :)

From Kongehuset.dk:
"At the invitation of Her Majesty the Queen and His Royal Highness the Prince Consort; the Brazilian President, His Excellency Luiz Inácio Lula da Silva, and his wife Marisa Letícia Lula da Silva, shall make a state visit to Denmark between the days of September 12 and 13 2007"

Kongehuset - Aktuelt - Nyheder

:flowers:

According to the official schedule the President of Brazil arrives at 16:30 at Copenhagen Airport (so about 20 minutes ago).
There'll be a state banquet today at 20:00.

I hope CP Mary will wear a hat during this State Visit (maybe for the Welcoming ceremony).. It has been a while since she wore a hat the last time (a real hat; no head piece ;)).
I also hope she'll chose the Ruby Tiara tonight!

Wow. Were these people not just in Sweden yesterday?? Are they making the rounds or something?:)

Wow. Were these people not just in Sweden yesterday?? Are they making the rounds or something?:)
Exactly. They are visiting all Scandinavian countries: Sweden, Denmark and Norway (i think they also visited Finland).

WOW - we sure got the princess look :flowers: - Mary looks simply gorgeous in that outfit - I like both the coat and the large hat.
Thank you for the pictures Paty.

I too like Mary's look. Can't wait for the gala. I also thought Margrethe looked great in her black and red. Not too flashy.

Yes, Finland was on September 9

Mary looks extremely elegant today ! ;) Love the hat!

Can't wait for the gala tonight.

CP Mary looks just perfect. The tailoring of the white coat dress is superb. I wonder why the coat dress went largely out of fashion, Princess Diana for example showed all through her life as a Royal how appropriate & elegant they can be.
Apart from the photo op for the welcome at the Palace, there's 'only' the gala dinner on today's schedule.

I love her outfit and this hat...

Mary and Fred - Very stylish outfit, great hat. Queen Margrethe looks elegant. Red ha

hat suits her. Love the photograph of Mary smiling at Fred. These two are just great.
Taree:wub::wub::wub:

Yep, everyone looks great. I like the look of Margrethe, some color but very stylish, nothing to flashy like another poster said. Fred and Mary look wonderful as well! I'm starting to see what some posters in the past have meant about wearing hats, it gives off whole different impression. In a good way!

Great to see Mary in elegant clothes again. Will the gala dinner be tonight?

Wow! She has answered my prayers! ;) This is what I have been waitning for.

I agree, Mary's dress is lovely. She looks a bit pale in the first photo but I suppose that'll just be bright lights and flash bulbs washing her out a bit.
Queen Margrethe also looks nice tonight. She looks v regal.:flowers:

I LOVE this dress too, it's one of my favorites of all time- right up there with the red engagment dress. she's batting 1,000 today perfect just perfect

Oh wow Mary's looking really beautiful :wub:

I absolutely love this dress ..

She looks stunning. Thanks for posting the pictures. I love the hat and coat and the evening look is one of her most elegant ones to date!:wub:

This must be the first time i see a head of state wearing an order and sash on top of a suit and tie :eek: horrible...

Has anyone had more luck than me at finding pictures of the BACK of Mary's hair - I want to see what they've done with it.

Thanks to anyone who replies!

Just noticed the antique gold snuff boxes that were placed in flont of guests.Magnificent, really!

Wow! Mary looked stunning! The blue dress with the sapphire earrings is breathtaking! Great choice! Now we can look forward to Norway's State Visit!

Her hat looks like a Philip Treacy piece. Suits her wonderfully.

Can't say I've ever really warmed to the blue evening gown, infact, it would probably have to be one of my least favourite pieces but in saying that, it suited the occasion very well and HRH did look great. Having kept her attire and jewellery to blue certainly complimented the Order of the Southern Cross. Or visa versa.

Last edited:
Her hat looks like a Philip Treacy piece. Suits her wonderfully.
It appears so, but i am not sure. The Duchess of Cornwall also has similar hat which she wears to a few naval engagements. I don't know whether mary just tries on Treacy lately?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom