State Visit from Brazil to Denmark: September 12-13, 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mary is so beautiful with this hat.

It appears so, but i am not sure. The Duchess of Cornwall also has similar hat which she wears to a few naval engagements. I don't know whether mary just tries on Treacy lately?

The Crown Princess owns a few hats by Mr Treacy. Certainly, she has worn his pieces for sometime. Well back into 2004 :flowers:

Last edited:
As a Brazilian I have to inform to everyone that if you are in Brasil never refer to our president as "Da Silva", always refer to him as "Lula". Nobody will know who you are talking about if you say "Da Silva" since "Da Silva" is the most common surname here. Lula used to be just a nickname for "Luis", his first name, but now is part of his entire name and the name whom he is known.

For me it's strange that a person like Mary, who has nothing to do with Brasil receive the Order of the Southern Cross, but I've just read it's givin to the princes of the reigning houses so that's ok :ermm:

Wow! Mary looked stunning! The blue dress with the sapphire earrings is breathtaking! Great choice! Now we can look forward to Norway's State Visit!

Her earrings are indeed breathtaking but they're aquamarines. If you look closely the earrings are a very pretty light blue instead of a deep blue like sapphires. Mary wore both the dress and the earrings as part of her portrait done in Australia. :flowers:

Yes, she looked stunning at both events. Good to see that once again she wore recycled outfits. Liked her in both outfits first time around and now again.

Stellad

Mary looks great - the hat is gorgeous (most definately a Philip Treacy creation), and while the evening gown is not one of my favourites, it looks fantastic with the Brazilian order and the tiara & jewels.
Margrethe on the other hand - while she looks great, this outfit is pretty much her "State Visit" outfit - she has worn it 3 or 4 times now for state visits

Thanks for the pics everyone :flowers:

I find it rather amusing that the Brazilian President is visiting one big family (discluding Finland), just in three different countries :swedenflag::daneflag::norwayflag:

absolutly stunning!! i am so thrilled to see Princess Mary looking so dressed up again, love the hat, love the coat dress, love the evening wear, the tiara is so beautiful, and she is gorgeous.

Marys dress is beautiful. She looks great with this hairstyle.

I am not the first to say, but i will- mary looks great! And her white coat with hat in the morning is absolutely gorgeous!!!

Wow, Mary looks stunning. Love the hat and ivory coat. She looks very much a Princess.

This is the first time she wears that dress? It is gorgeous!

I applaud Princess Mary's dress sense every time I see her. She looked especially brilliant at the ceremony at the airport.

No pics from today before the Brazilian president goes onto Norway? I must say it has been a little difficult to find pics while the president has been in Denmark. I found some rather easy online when he was in Sweden but not as many or as easy when in Denmark.

Does Lula speak Danish or do they converse in English?

I really don't enjoy see her dressing only with a coat!!! She should have a skirt and a blouse under it, to me that was just one coat she had on!!! Not the best thing to have wear!

Lula doesn't speak any languages other than Portuguese.

Wow! That is a little surprising they must have a translator nearby. I would also think he knows some key words or phrases as well. I can imagine the hosts have done their necesarry homework on key phrases also.

No, she has already worn it on a portrait.

She also wore it for a dinner in Australia in March 2005. I think it was the dinner in Canberra, but I'm probably wrong.

Her earrings are indeed breathtaking but they're aquamarines. If you look closely the earrings are a very pretty light blue instead of a deep blue like sapphires. Mary wore both the dress and the earrings as part of her portrait done in Australia. :flowers:

Of course, soCal girl. You are right indeed. At a closer look, I realized my mistake. But nevertheless, they are beautiful.:flowers:

Mary looked stunning at the airport and at the dinner. I have to say though, that I'm still dissapointed by the the tiara given to her for her wedding. Its just not fit for a crown princess. I would love to see Mary wear another tiara more often.

Well i love Marys blue dress and her jewels BUT and i hate to say this Queen Margrethe did not lookede well in her dress...after my oppinion she lookede to pail for my taste with her withe dress...I just love when she wears dresses with a bit more coulor.

By the way the court has not put it on the crownprince site that Mary has resivede another order :bang::bang:

As a Brazilian I have to inform to everyone that if you are in Brasil never refer to our president as "Da Silva", always refer to him as "Lula". Nobody will know who you are talking about if you say "Da Silva" since "Da Silva" is the most common surname here. Lula used to be just a nickname for "Luis", his first name, but now is part of his entire name and the name whom he is known.

For me it's strange that a person like Mary, who has nothing to do with Brasil receive the Order of the Southern Cross, but I've just read it's givin to the princes of the reigning houses so that's ok :ermm:

What has the Queen or CP Frederik to do with Brazil? They have brazilian orders, too. Strange you never noticed, that it´s an old custom you exchange orders at a state visit.
I´d rather know why the president is wearing a suit - combined with the order of the danish elephant(!) - for a state banquet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom