Regent Couple & Crown Prince Couple Official Trip to Greenland: June 19-21, 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dazzling

Former Moderator
City
-
Country
France
Queen Margrethe, Prince Henrik, Cp Frederik & Cp Mary will begin a visit to Greenland on June 19 to celebrate celebrate Greenland's independence.
Celebrations begin June 20 but the main celebration is on June 21st which will be attended by the royal family.

Last edited:
Crown Princess Mary visits Greenland with The Mary Foundation: June 19-22, 2009

H.K.H. Kronprinsessen i Grønland
Fredag 19. juni 2009 - Mandag 22. juni 2009
H.K.H. Kronprinsessen besøger Grønland i perioden 19.-22. juni med Mary Fonden og i.f.m. markering af selvstyrets indførelse.

The Crown Princess will visit Greenland in the period 19 - 22 June with the Mary Foundation and for the marking of Greenland's introduction of self government.

But it should have been a visit with the crown prince and the royal couple, no???

Thats what it was listed as initially, but I guess this doesn't exclude the royal couple & Frederik, as Paty's translantion says "and" implying 2 reasons for going; I'd just assume that she'll attend Mary Foundation events as well as the ones the other 3 attend.

Acording to the Royal Calendar, Only the Crown Princess will attend.

Greenland seems to be be a very popular place to visit for the royals this year :rolleyes:
Let's hope for good photo coverage of this trip :flowers:

Quite; does seem to be the "in" place for royal engagments this year. The CP Couple & Regent Couple are visiting Greenland soon aren't they?
x

Quite; does seem to be the "in" place for royal engagments this year. The CP Couple & Regent Couple are visiting Greenland soon aren't they?
x

Yes, June 19-21 thread

I wonder if Mary will go with the rest of the family and then attened the events for the foundation. Wouldnt make sense for one family to go on two different planes when heading to the same place.
Interesting visit this would be.

Frederik and the Regent Couple will join Mary in Greenland in connection with Greenland's introduction of self government.

Official Program (In Danish)
http://kongehuset.dk/publish.php?id=21681

Crown Princess Program with the Mary Foundation (In Danish)

June 19
Kl. 14.00
Kronprinsessen afholder møde med Departementet for Familie i Nuuk.
Kl. 15.30
Kronprinsessen afholder møde med Departementet for Kultur, Uddannelse, Forskning og Kirke i Nuuk.

June 20
Kl. 10.15
Kronprinsessen besøger Nuuk Krisecenter.
Kl. 13.20
Kronprinsessen besøger sammen med Kronprinsen institutionen Mælkebøtten.
Kl. 18.00
Kronprinsessen besøger sammen med Kronprinsen børnehjem i Qoornoq.
Yderligere oplysninger:

Last edited:
Translation of the Visit Program:

Arrivals of the Royals in Greenland
Friday June 19th, 11:20
HRH the Crown Princess will arrive in Nuuk.

Friday June 19th, 17:30
HM the Queen and HRH the Prince Consort will arrive in Nuuk.

Saturday June 20th, 11:20
HRH the Crown Prince will arrive in Nuuk.

Events in Connection with the Independance of Greenland
Saturday June 20th, 11:00
HM the Queen and HRH the Prince Consort arrive at the Ilimmarfik, the University of Greenland, in Nuuk. They will tour the campus.

11:45
HM the Queen and HRH the Prince Consort attend the publication of the Prince Consort's "Blue Marks on the Soul" poetry collection at Ilimmarfik. A speech will be given by the collection's publishing director, Inger Hauge; followed by an excerpt reading by the Prince Consort.

12:15
HM the Queen and HRH the Prince Consort attend a reception at Ilimmarfik.

15:10
HRH the Prince Consort visits the Mælkebøtten. He will visit the institution's workshops and creative sections. The children at the Mælkebøtten will sing songs for the Prince Consort in Kalaallisut (Greenlandic). The Prince Consort will also present the Lions Prize 2009 to Mælkebøtten's super intendent, Kirsten Ørgaard.

20:00
HM the Queen and HRH the Prince Consort attend a private dinner at the Parliamentary Ombudsman's residence.

Sunday June 21st, 08:00
Hoisting of the Greenlandic Flag. Salute.

08:30
HM the Queen, HRH the Prince Consort and TRH the Crown Prince Couple arrive at Port Colony, Nuuk. A procession from the Port to the Annaasissitta Oqaluffia Cathedral - Our Saviour Church.

09:00
There will be a popular worship at the Cathedral.

10:10
HM the Queen, HRH the Prince Consort and TRH the Crown Prince Couple arrive in Greenland's Parliament. The transfer of the "Law on Greenland Home Rule" will take place here in the Parliament Halls. The Parliament President, Daniel Skifte, will make a speech; as will the Prime Minister of Greenland, Jakob Edvard Kuupik Kleist. HM the Queen will then transfer the "Law on Greenland Home Rule" to Mr Skifte. Coffee will follow in the Parliament Tea Room.

12:30
HM the Queen, HRH the Prince Consort and TRH the Crown Prince Couple attend a lunch at the Hans Egede House.

13:55
HM the Queen, HRH the Prince Consort and TRH the Crown Prince Couple arrive at the GU's Minihal. They will oversee the presentation of a culture prize.

18:50
HM the Queen, HRH the Prince Consort and TRH the Crown Prince Couple attend a gala dinner at Katuaq.

Monday June 22nd
TRH the Crown Prince and Princess depart Greenland.

15:00
HM the Queen and HRH the Prince Consort visit and tour a school in Kulusuk.

15:30
HM the Queen and HRH the Prince Consort have coffee with the students of the school and selected people of Kulusuk.

16:30
HM the Queen and HRH the Prince Consort visit and tour the church in Kulusuk.

17:20
HM the Queen and HRH the Prince Consort arrive in Tasiilaq.

Tuesday June 23rd, 10:20
HM the Queen and HRH the Prince Consort arrive in Kuummiut.

10:30
HM the Queen and HRH the Prince Consort visit the services building, where the settlement of Kuummiut and Sermiligaaq people will tell them about housing and seal hunting.

11:50
HM the Queen and HRH the Prince Consort arrive in Tasiilaq.

13:30
HM the Queen and HRH the Prince Consort visit Filatelia, the Postal Service of Greenland. They will view the latest stamps issued on the occasion of the Prince Consort's 75th birthday.

14:00
HM the Queen and HRH the Prince Consort visit the Oblique Tourist Agency where the artists Gedion Qeqe and Gert Singertat have works displayed.

14:20
HM the Queen and HRH the Prince Consort visit and tour the Eldery Co-operative centre.

HM the Queen and HRH the Prince Consort visit the Princess Margrethe Orphanage.

16:10
HM the Queen and HRH the Prince Consort attend the popular worship at the church in Tasiilaq.

17:00
HM the Queen and HRH the Prince Consort visit the local Hydro-Electricity Power Plant.

19:00
HM the Queen and HRH the Prince Consort attend a dinner at the Princess Margrethe Orphanage.

Wednesday June 24th
HM the Queen and HRH the Prince Consort depart Greenland.

Events in Connection with the Crown Princess' Visit with The Mary Foundation
Friday June 19th, 14:00
HRH the Crown Princess attends a meeting with the Department for Family in Nuuk.

HRH the Crown Princess attends a meeting with the Department for Culture, Education, Research and Church.

Saturday June 20th, 10:15
HRH the Crown Princess visits the Nuuk Crisis Centre.

13:20
TRH the Crown Prince and Princess visit Mælkebøtten.

18:00
TRH the Crown Prince and Princess visit the orphange in Qoornoq.

Last edited:
:previous:
Looks like the jam-packed schduele for The Queen and Prince Henrik. :flowers:
How come Frederik isn't arriving until tommorow?
And are the 23rd and 24th only events for the Regent Couple?

I think it is nice that Mary was the first one to arrive and that she was alone. After all, she is the Crown Princess of Greenland not only of Denmark.

It looks very cold and rainy. Does anyone know where they stay when they visit Greenland? Do they have a residence there, or do they stay with government officials, or in a hotel?

Hope we'll have more pics because now it's only a few ones!

Has Crown Prince arrived in Greenland? :flowers:

Frederik went with Mary when they visited Mælkebøtten (see Paty's post here)

Ahh thank you. Madame Royale.
It's nice to see Frederik joining Mary in her duties as Patron. :flowers:

I love the third photo:

[DNF] Fotoarchief Denieuwsfoto

Both Frederik and Mary have shown a lovely warmth to the people of Greenland during this visit. It is a really nice thing to see, and even though Greenland is now mostly independent from Denmark, the people still seem to have affectionate feelings toward the DRF.

BT has a photo of Queen Margrethe and Crown Princess Mary dressed in the traditional clothing of Greenland:

http://www.bt.dk/show_image_gallery/625599

Last edited:

On image 14 of the BT gallery, the Queen is handing over the new homerule laws to the Greenlandic parliament. I love seeing the royals in their Greenlandic outfits, they are very colourful and cultural.

Image gallery from the gala banquet held last night.

Last edited:
It's a pity we have only a few pics from this trip!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom