Queen Margrethe's Golden Jubilee Celebrations 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The opening of the exhibition can be watched here:

There's at least four tiaras in the exhibition by the look of it: the Pearl poiré, the Baden palmette, the Floral aigrette and those abominable Golden poppies. A friend on Twitter think that they also saw the Turquoise daisy bandeau.

Last edited by a moderator:
There's at least four tiaras in the exhibition by the look of it: the Pearl poiré, the Baden palmette, the Floral aigrette and those abominable Golden poppies. A friend on Twitter think that they also saw the Turquoise daisy bandeau.

So almost all the tiaras the Queen uses are on display somewhere as the emeralds are of course dsiplayed at Rosenborg.

So almost all the tiaras the Queen uses are on display somewhere as the emeralds are of course dsiplayed at Rosenborg.

Indeed. If the Queen does need to wear a tiara whilst the exhibition is on, she will need to borrow from either this exhibition or from Rosenberg.

The display of the 3-part floral aigrette looks lovely, it's great to be able to appreciate the different parts like this. The exhibition looks really interesting and I envy those who can go and visit.

I wasn't able to spot the turquoise tiara, but maybe I have to re-watch the video. But there was one of her tiaras absent: the Naasut tiara which she received for her golden jubilee. I assume that this tiara was planned for one of the two gala events, and maybe the emerald parure for the other event. That way none of the tiaras would have to be taken from this special exhibition.

Very neat to see Ingolf and Sussie there as well. I understand that the DRF limited attendance on the 14th to the very closest family members and I reckon I&S would've been invited to at least some of the events if the programme had gone on as originally intended, but I still think it would've been neat if Knud's family had been represented during the Roskilde portion.

:previous: Yeah, but understandable they only attended this event. Sussie and Ingolf are no spring chickens anymore and their health isn't that good either.
I'm actually surprised they attended today.

The opening of the exhibition can be watched here:

I think there is also Princess Dagmar´s Floral Tiara, worn by Princess Marie

https://app.tt.se/bildobjekt/image/sdl6oz68kCOrbc
https://royalwatcherblog.com/2021/10/11/princess-dagmars-diamond-floral-tiara/

The display of the 3-part floral aigrette looks lovely, it's great to be able to appreciate the different parts like this. The exhibition looks really interesting and I envy those who can go and visit.

I wasn't able to spot the turquoise tiara, but maybe I have to re-watch the video. But there was one of her tiaras absent: the Naasut tiara which she received for her golden jubilee. I assume that this tiara was planned for one of the two gala events, and maybe the emerald parure for the other event. That way none of the tiaras would have to be taken from this special exhibition.
I guess it looks to boring for Q.Margrethe but I would like to see the Aigrette side parts put on a frame and worn as a Laurel Wreath with a colored Stone in the middle..

Thanks for the information and updates! Love the details and simplicity of celebrations! (I really hope the gala could be held in September). My favorite part was the family dinner and the pictures they share. I specially love the flora Danica set. I have a question (I’m sorry if it’s already answered). Does anybody knows what the three pieces that have gold ribbon and are behind the green glass at the table are for?

And the celebrations continue...
https://www.kongehuset.dk/nyheder/h-m-dronningens-50-aars-regeringsjubilaeum-markeres-i-tivoli-2
Tivoli marks HM The Queen's 50th Government Anniversary on 21 May 2022 with activities for guests in the garden and a ballet gala in the Concert Hall.
The Ballet Gala features dancers from, among others, Hamburg Ballet, the Royal Ballet in London, the Paris Opera, the New York City Ballet and the Royal Ballet. Part of the performance consists of works by the American choreographer John Neumeier from Hamburg Ballett.

The gala performance on May 21 will be attended by the Queen and the Royal Family.

Last edited:
A little interjection:

Garder = Guardsman but only from the Royal Lifeguard Regiment.
Netværk = Network.
So a network for present and former guardsmen.

Reactions: eya
Royal Guests at Queen Margrethe II's Golden Jubilee Gala 2022

Hello everyone,

Does anyone know about any updated news about Queen Margrethe II's Golden Jubilee Gala to be held this summer? I remember that the Royal House released the news about events to mark the Queen's jubilee year, including the Gala which would be held at Christiansborg Palace will be attended by the royal family, foreign guests and Danish dignitaries.

Does anyone know and anyone could guess if the any foreign royal houses in Europe or Asia would be invited to join celebrating the Queen?

Thank you. ? :daneflag2:

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello everyone,

Does anyone know about any updated news about Queen Margrethe II's Golden Jubilee Gala to be held this summer? I remember that the Royal House released the news about events to mark the Queen's jubilee year, including the Gala which would be held at Christiansborg Palace will be attended by the royal family, foreign guests and Danish dignitaries.

Does anyone know and anyone could guess if the any foreign royal houses in Europe or Asia would be invited to join celebrating the Queen?

Thank you. ? :daneflag2:

It will (barring any new Covid-mass-outbreaks) be held The weekend of 10-11 September

It’s impossible to know who will be invited and who won’t... Sometimes the Danish Royals invites only the Swedish and Norwegian Royal Families and the Finnish and Icelandic Presidential Couples.... And sometimes the continental royals are also invited.... We have to wait and see

Last edited:
It will (barring any new Covid-mass-outbreaks) be held The weekend of 10-11 September

It’s impossible to know who will be invited and who won’t... Sometimes the Danish Royals invites only the Swedish and Norwegian Royal Families and the Finnish and Icelandic Presidential Couples.... And sometimes the continental royals are also invited.... We have to wait and see

If we look to her previous 2 Jubilees it seems that for them only the scandinavian Royala and heads of State are invited. For round birthdays and Weddings however aös other european Royals are invited but i think non-european royals only for Weddings.

Normally only the Scandinavian Royal Families and the Icelandic and Finnish presidential couples are invited for jubilees, but, this time, considering that the international gala events for Queen Margrethe's 80th birthday were canceled due to Covid, I suspect they might invite other European royal houses too to have a "double celebration" in practice. But it is just a conjecture on my part.

If we look to her previous 2 Jubilees it seems that for them only the scandinavian Royala and heads of State are invited. For round birthdays and Weddings however aös other european Royals are invited but i think non-european royals only for Weddings.
You are right usually just Scandinavian countries invited, the same happened in Norway but I hope you are wrong and Margrethe will change it for this special anniversary. Maybe a stupid Question but i wonder if Margrethe's jubilee celebrations will affect King Carl Gustaf celebrations next year, for example if Margrethe invites all European countries, will Carl Gustav do the same? I also wonder if we might see P.Ingrid Alexandra in Denmark, something like an foreign debut? I know I made a lot of speculation and everything will depend on how the Corona and political situation changes.

I think it all mainly depends on the schedule of the potentially invited royals.
Normally a major event like a golden jubilee people are invited or at least sounded out a very long time in advance, so they can put an x in the calendar.
But with Corona all that has been suspended and now post-Corona all royal families are busy picking up and the pandemic has de facto only just ended, so long term planning is a bit up in the air, I think.

So I guess the list of guest, when that is published, will be a bit ad hoc. It's those who can or who happens to have someone else to spare. So I think we will see a glorious mix of majesties as well as more junior royals.

And indeed, maybe the whole thing will be scaled down, not least due to things having to rely on more short term planning.

Thanks, Iceflower.

So 11th September is the big bling-bling event.
The schedule states "foreign guests" some of them are bound to be royals.

Thanks, Iceflower.

So 11th September is the big bling-bling event.
The schedule states "foreign guests" some of them are bound to be royals.

I hope that there are big-bling-Events both on 10. and 11. September as we are used to from the danish Royals.

Back
Top Bottom