The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Old 09-12-2022, 04:57 AM
Courtier

BB Article.....alot of praise for Frederik's speech it seems.
https://www.billedbladet.dk/kongelig...-de-bliver-den

BT https://www.bt.dk/royale/bts-royale-...-tale-et-meget
Old 09-12-2022, 09:53 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbruno View Post
Overall it was a somewhat odd speech with the ship metaphors and Frederik comparing himself to his mother even if the intention was to say that they have complementary skills. It is definitely not the speech I would have written for a Golden Jubilee, but I am glad the Queen was apparently moved.
You need not worry! CP Frederik was praised for his speech, and with good reason! Maybe he pushed the maritime metaphors to the
limit, but we watched a crown prince, who was comfortable in his
own skin, confident, reassuring, self deprecating and humourous!
Very promising for his reign, when the time comes!
Old 09-12-2022, 01:55 PM
Nobility

Does anyone know why Tatiana and her husband were not there.
Old 09-12-2022, 02:00 PM
Imperial Majesty

Prince Nikolaos is in Chicago where he presented his photography exhibition at the National Hellenic Museum.

Maybe Tatiana didn't want to go without her husband.
Old 09-12-2022, 02:22 PM
Imperial Majesty

Short video from the luncheon on the Dannebrog.
A quick glimpse, but we can see Josephine and Athena standing together, and Christian with Nikolai and Felix.
https://herognu.dk/se-videoen-dronni...rokostgaester/
Old 09-12-2022, 03:39 PM
Majesty

Countess Sussie was great with the fringe tiara and the meander as necklace !
Old 09-12-2022, 04:47 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by polyesco View Post
Short video from the luncheon on the Dannebrog.
A quick glimpse, but we can see Josephine and Athena standing together, and Christian with Nikolai and Felix.
https://herognu.dk/se-videoen-dronni...rokostgaester/
One thing is certain, it wasn't quiet around those two girls!
I'm delighted to see that they still thrive in each other's company despite not seeing each other much in the last couple of years. There is of course social media and that must help but still.
Their chemistry must simply match very well.
Old 09-13-2022, 02:58 AM
Imperial Majesty

Video from Saturday evening by Swedish Press Agency
Old 09-13-2022, 04:35 AM
Imperial Majesty

"Prince Gustav and Princess Carina had to cancel the Queen's anniversary celebration for a very special reason. Prince Gustav and Princess Carina had announced their arrival at Queen Margrethe's big anniversary celebration at the weekend, but unfortunately ended up having to cancel.

And now their press spokesman Ralf Beke-Bramkamp explains to BILLED-BLADET why.

"Unfortunately, Prince Gustav had a positive COVID case last week in his immediate work environment. He and Princess Carina therefore decided to take their precautions and not participate in the celebration in Copenhagen, which they are very sad about," writes the press spokesman to BILLED-BLADET."

https://www.billedbladet.dk/kongelig...ens-fest-vi-er
Old 09-13-2022, 04:47 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by eya View Post
"Prince Gustav and Princess Carina had to cancel the Queen's anniversary celebration for a very special reason. Prince Gustav and Princess Carina had announced their arrival at Queen Margrethe's big anniversary celebration at the weekend, but unfortunately ended up having to cancel.

"Unfortunately, Prince Gustav had a positive COVID case last week in his immediate work environment. He and Princess Carina therefore decided to take their precautions and not participate in the celebration in Copenhagen, which they are very sad about," writes the press spokesman to BILLED-BLADET."

Wise and considerate, considering that several of the royals are elderly.
Old 09-13-2022, 06:22 AM
Super Moderator

I'm glad we know the reason for their non-attendance. I had really been looking forward to seeing them at the gala and was quite disappointed.

Also, I really missed the three Rosenborg countesses Camilla, Elisabeth and Feodora. Or did I overlook them? I haven't yet had enough time to go through all the pictures in detail.

I have to agree with maria-olivia that countess Susie looked splendid with the fringe tiara and the Greek key choker that finally has been united to form one piece. Unfortunately, Susie didn't wear a tiara at the theatre gala, or was it so hidden in the hair that it escaped me?
Old 09-13-2022, 06:32 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post
Unfortunately, Susie didn't wear a tiara at the theatre gala, or was it so hidden in the hair that it escaped me?
She wore the small diamond bandeau whioch had been always worn by Count Ingolf's first wife, Countess Inge. But yes it was very difficult to see in her grey hair.

Old 09-13-2022, 07:23 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
She wore the small diamond bandeau whioch had been always worn by Count Ingolf's first wife, Countess Inge. But yes it was very difficult to see in her grey hair.
Thank you, I really couldn't make it out in the picture I had seen.

I think I have also seen Suzanne Vind with the tiara that is descended from Princess Viggo. Also Queen Margrethe's old friend Suzanne Heering with the laurel tiara. Unfortunately I can't find the link anymore. There were also a number of tiara wearer's that I can't yet place.

Has there been anyone from the Schaumburg-Lippe family? I think the Queen was close to some of them.
Old 09-13-2022, 07:32 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Thank you, I really couldn't make it out in the picture I had seen. Has there been anyone from the Schaumburg-Lippe family? I think the Queen was close to some of them.

I watched the Livestram on Saturday. When they showed her closup it could be seen. Don't know if any of the Schaumburg_Lippe's attended

Old 09-13-2022, 08:18 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by eya View Post

When I started reading about 'a very special reason', I didn't imagine something mundane such as Covid...
Old 09-13-2022, 09:02 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
I watched the Livestram on Saturday. When they showed her closup it could be seen. Don't know if any of the Schaumburg_Lippe's attended
Prince Wilhelm zu Schaumburg-Lippe attended the gala performance at the Royal Theatre, with princess Ilona.

Quote:

Also, I really missed the three Rosenborg countesses Camilla, Elisabeth and Feodora. Or did I overlook them?
No, you didn’t overlook them; they weren’t there!
Old 09-13-2022, 03:45 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viv View Post
Prince Wilhelm zu Schaumburg-Lippe attended the gala performance at the Royal Theatre, with princess Ilona.
Thank you, Viv. Are there any pics of them online?
It's a pity, that Camilla, Elisabeth and Feodora didn't attend.
Old 09-13-2022, 04:18 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Thank you, Viv. Are there any pics of them online?
It's a pity, that Camilla, Elisabeth and Feodora didn't attend.
I’m sorry, Tilla C., I don’t know; there are better ‘ Photo chasers’
amongst us than me!
Old 09-14-2022, 05:51 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viv View Post

Found a pic of them and Princess Ilona wore a tiara but it is difficult to see in her hair
https://billedbladet-prod.imgix.net/...=imgixjs-3.4.0

Old 09-14-2022, 08:35 AM
Super Moderator

Thank you, Stefan! I had seen the picture, but didn't recognize them.

Tags
danish royal family, denmark, queen margrethe ii