The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 11-23-2021, 04:45 AM
Majesty

Is the Golden Carriage the coach which will be used?

Old 11-23-2021, 11:27 AM
Imperial Majesty

Perhaps. We shall see.

The carriage will have to be heated is this will take place in late winter and QMII isn't a spring-chicken anymore.

If it's decided M&F will accompany her, which is not unlikely, it will also have to be large enough to seat at least three persons. - Four if Christian rides along.

Old 11-23-2021, 12:24 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhler View Post
Perhaps. We shall see.

The carriage will have to be heated is this will take place in late winter and QMII isn't a spring-chicken anymore.

If it's decided M&F will accompany her, which is not unlikely, it will also have to be large enough to seat at least three persons. - Four if Christian rides along.

Are there not 2 carriage rides planned. Onr for the Theater Event and one 2 the 'Town Hall.

So perhaps they will use both of them. And for the New Years Court HM is also using the Golden Coach

Old 11-24-2021, 04:28 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhler View Post
Perhaps. We shall see.

It would be marvelous if Prince Christian rides along for it would be three direct generations of present and future sovereigns.
Old 11-26-2021, 05:49 AM
Administrator

A beautiful new portrait has been released for the Jubilee Celebrations.

It was taken at the Dome Hall at Fredensborg Castle by photographer Per Morten Abrahamsen:

** instagram post **

** kongehuset: Officielt jubilæumsportræt **
Old 11-26-2021, 06:45 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post

It was taken at the Dome Hall at Fredensborg Castle by photographer Per Morten Abrahamsen:

** instagram post **

Lovely photograph. I take it, it was taken along with the other pictures for her 80th birthday.
Old 11-26-2021, 08:37 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post

** instagram post **

Magnificent! There's no one like her.
Old 11-26-2021, 11:50 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
Lovely photograph. I take it, it was taken along with the other pictures for her 80th birthday.
Appears to be. So it is about a couple years old then.
Old 11-26-2021, 05:15 PM
Imperial Majesty

And here is the photo in high res: https://www.kongehuset.dk/sites/defa..._copy-kopi.jpg

Great snapshot-photo. But a somewhat weird angle I think.
Presumably an attempt to do something new.

Looking down on QMII means that the photo, so to speak, defeats the regal expression, her dress jewellery and position otherwise convey.
She has a slight Mona Lise smile here.
Old 11-26-2021, 05:26 PM
Royal Highness

Well, she is "Woman with The Very Large Pearl Earring" (and the rest of the parure).

I think it's pretty good. It's intimate and unusual, which is her. But the bit of distance remains, which is also her. And in the meantime, look at her fabulous jewelry!! = very

(PS, the hi-res is really fun for looking at the jewelry.)
Old 11-26-2021, 07:44 PM
Heir Presumptive

Her skin looks really beautiful.

Abraham Lincoln
Old 11-27-2021, 07:00 PM
Imperial Majesty

Well, the Omikron strain has now hit Europe in sufficient numbers that it will IMO be very optimistic to think it can be contained now.
I fear that's too late.

And if we give the new strain about a month to really start taking effect, that will clash with the New Year Courts as well as QMII's Golden Jubilee.

I think we must prepare ourselves for the fact that both series of events will at the very least be scaled down or perhaps cancelled altogether.
I can't see royals flying in while there is a perhaps critical increase of people infected with the Omikron strain both in DK and in the other European monarchies. Nor can I see the health authorities being happy about crowd-events as QMII's jubilee will be.

It's gonna be a long winter, with now very little pomp and circumstance, I predict.
Old 11-27-2021, 07:04 PM
Royal Highness

She just has no luck with these things, does she?

Should that come pass then it's finally time for HM to record some craft lessons and release them on the Internet.

I'm pretty serious about this, but surely the best anniversary present she could have is for the realm to be peaceful and safe, right? (It will be equally depressing if it drags into summer and affects Elizabeth's celebration, never fear.)
Old 11-27-2021, 07:15 PM
Imperial Majesty

It will of course be a huge disappointment for her, but as you say the safety of the people comes first.
And with the virologist already at work, estimating it will take about 100 days to modify the current vaccines to the new strain, there is always QMII's birthday in April to celebrate.

It sure will be interesting to learn what she has to say in her New Year speech this year!

- I think there is a good chance QEII's anniverssary can be celebrated - perhaps a little scaled down but nevertheless celebrated by the public.
Old 11-27-2021, 07:24 PM
Royal Highness

Welp, when she was born she gave great joy at a time when things were just about this bad and uncertain, so perhaps certain people (who find themselves under royal stars, no less) really do have a kind of fate.
Old 11-28-2021, 12:16 PM
Super Moderator

Would it be possible that the celebrations are postponed to say June/July if they can't take place in January. Or is that unlikely. Perhaps it would have best to have them planned for a different time of the year, like the british Jubilee Celebrations altogether. But i know that is not the way the Danes do it.

Old 11-28-2021, 12:22 PM
Aristocracy

Another exhibition

https://www.instagram.com/p/CW0Q0O4AYJi/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
Would it be possible that the celebrations are postponed to say June/July if they can't take place in January. Or is that unlikely. Perhaps it would have best to have them planned for a different time of the year, like the british Jubilee Celebrations altogether. But i know that is not the way the Danes do it.
I doubt anything would have been planned for June 2022 as that is when QEII is celebrating her jubilee which is pretty much history making of 70 years on the throne. And from what I understand her jubilee is done around the anniversary of her coronation (June 2, 1953) and NOT the date of the actual ascension to the throne (February 6, 1952) because for her the ascension is actually a sad day as it is the anniversary of her father's passing. Therefore, any celebration of her reign is done in the month the coronation happened. Which I prefer tbh as I've never understood having a huge celebration on the same day as the death of your parent. Why don't the DRF have an actual coronation?
Old 11-28-2021, 12:38 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzie View Post
Which I prefer tbh as I've never understood having a huge celebration on the same day as the death of your parent.
For the same reason Edward VII ordered the flag on the royal yacht raised to full-staff when they were taking his mother's body from Osborne to the mainland. "The Queen is dead, Sir." “But the King of England is alive."

Continuity.

Quote:
Why don't the DRF have an actual coronation?
The British are the only ones in Europe who do have a coronation. They've fallen out of favor everywhere else, probably due to not wanting to flaunt their crowns given how the neighbors have sent the other monarchs packing.

Also they have the coronations when they can plan for better weather. You can't plan the other things.
Old 11-28-2021, 12:57 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prinsara View Post
For the same reason Edward VII ordered the flag on the royal yacht raised to full-staff when they were taking his mother's body from Osborne to the mainland. "The Queen is dead, Sir." “But the King of England is alive."

Continuity.

The British are the only ones in Europe who do have a coronation. They've fallen out of favor everywhere else, probably due to not wanting to flaunt their crowns given how the neighbors have sent the other monarchs packing.

Also they have the coronations when they can plan for better weather. You can't plan the other things.
One thing is raising a flag and declaring a transition has occurred and another is a full on party on the anniversary of said transition knowing why that transition occurred in the first place. I'll stand by my opinion on that as the point I was making was overlooked. There's a huge difference.

And not wanting to flaunt the crown? Aren't some expecting golden carriages and portions of crown jewels to be worn during the celebrations? I'm confused how that isn't any less "flaunting" to use the same term.
Old 11-28-2021, 01:05 PM
Royal Highness

No, there isn't a "huge difference". If you only have one date to celebrate, then there's only one date to celebrate. British Jubilees are planned around the coronations but all reigns are dated from ascensions, like it or not.

Perhaps someone else will answer your questions more to your liking.