Princess Elisabeth, Current Events Part 1: April 2004 - June 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kcc

Commoner
hi does anyone have info abo this little known royal lady. from what i have read she seems to have led a quietly interesting life. she lived with a man for many years as she would have lost her title if she maried him due to his being a commoner. she also worked at a normal job,starting as a secretary, i believe at the ministry of defence or perhaps forign afairs. she is also number 5 in the succession i think.thanks for any insight.

do any of the danish posters have any info about the princess.is she known to the danish public.

Originally posted by kcc@May 6th, 2004 - 12:46 pm
do any of the danish posters have any info about the princess.is she known to the danish public.
Yes we know princesse Elisabeth her in Denmark.
She is not the 5. in the succession becaus Prince Joachim and princesse Alexandra have 2 children and they are in line to the throne her in Denmark.
She is also after princesse Benedikt in the line to the throne,and that is okay with me becaus i realy don´t like the waye she looks. Just take a look at her teeth :doh: :doh: :doh: :sick: :sick:

first i would like to say she looks nice enough to me,secondly was the princess crying at the pre wedding banquet.if so any ideas why.thanks

I'm sure Elisbeth was happy Fred was getting married. But I think she she was crying because she has never married, and she isn't with her boyfriend anymore. And maybe she and her ex-boyfrend were thinking about it. Well when I seen her crying that what I thought and felt bad and sorry for her :cry: , because I think everyone wants to have a wedding day, even ifthey don't believe in marriage.

She seemed like a very nice person when she came to greet the off-duty guards in the guard room, but then again why wouldn't she be nice both her brothers are very nice. I can't say that I know that much about her, she was alway very nice, but the one who always talked alot to the off-duty guards was Count Ingolf, perhaps because he himself used to be in the royal guards.

Originally posted by kcc@Apr 22nd, 2004 - 10:00 am
hi does anyone have info abo this little known royal lady. from what i have read she seems to have led a quietly interesting life. she lived with a man for many years as she would have lost her title if she maried him due to his being a commoner. she also worked at a normal job,starting as a secretary, i believe at the ministry of defence or perhaps forign afairs. she is also number 5 in the succession i think.thanks for any insight.
I believe it was the foreign office, though I'm not absolutely sure ;)

Originally posted by Theilmann@May 17th, 2004 - 12:16 am
She seemed like a very nice person when she came to greet the off-duty guards in the guard room, but then again why wouldn't she be nice both her brothers are very nice. I can't say that I know that much about her, she was alway very nice, but the one who always talked alot to the off-duty guards was Count Ingolf, perhaps because he himself used to be in the royal guards.
What were they like? Did you meet anyone else from the royal family?

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by Topsy-Turvy. What were they like? Did you meet anyone else from the royal family?
Yes when I was in the Royal Guards I got to meet most of the family, when they has family events etc. they would come down to the Guard Room and greet the off-duty guards. And they all seemed really nice (except for HRH Prince Joachim), my absolute favourite was the late Queen Ingrid, it always amazed me that she took the time to come and greet us eventhough her mobility was so impared. She was a real gem. :heart:

Originally posted by H.M. Margrethe@May 6th, 2004 - 1:55 pm
She is also after princesse Benedikt in the line to the throne,and that is okay with me becaus i realy don´t like the waye she looks. Just take a look at her teeth :doh: :doh: :doh: :sick: :sick:
Well lot's of royals don't exactly look picture-perfect. Without naming any names I'm sure you will still agree that one or two look rather odd. ;)

And they all seemed really nice (except for HRH Prince Joachim)

Why didn't you like Joachim? I've heard from another person, who used to be a guard at the Gråsten Castle, that Joachim was very nice and obliging. She thinks, that Princess Benedikte and Queen Anne Marie were the most snobbish ones.

Why didn't you like Joachim? I've heard from another person, who used to be a guard at the Gråsten Castle, that Joachim was very nice and obliging. She thinks, that Princess Benedikte and Queen Anne Marie were the most snobbish ones.
Well he might be different at Gråsten Slot :lol:
No seriously I found him to be the only one I didn't like. He was extremely up-tight and snobbish. He was always looking for errors, for something to complain about. The other royals were just very cordial and more down-to-earth.

By the way "she". :huh: Is it a female Guard? :huh: I thought they stopped allowing those after the first one was booted out. (I hope that wasn't your friend, because the circumstances were less than hmm nice. :rolleyes: ) People are all different and some might adore Prince Joachim, and good for them - and him. But none of the guys I served with could stand him. But hey he might have mellowed, it's some years since I quit my commission.

P.S. liked both HRH Princess Benedikte and HM Queen Anne Marie, but didn't see them so often. My favourite: Queen Ingrid, she was so sweet.

By the way "she".huh: Is it a female Guard? I thought they stopped allowing those after the first one was booted out. (I hope that wasn't your friend, because the circumstances were less than hmm nice. :rolleyes: )
My friend is a she - and she was not a member of 'livgarden' :p I can't remember, which division she belong to - only, that it was the division, that used to guard Gråsten, when Queen Ingrid was there.

But thanks for your info. I guess chemistry between people is always very subjective - even if one part of the relation is a royal ;)

Well good for you, and her ~ that it wasn't her who was booted from livgarden. :p
And yes, everything is subjective when it comes down to it. :lol:

Princess Elisabeth of Denmark

Full Name: Elisabeth Caroline-Mathilde Alexandrine Helena Olga Thyra Feodore Estrid Margrethe Désirée

b. 8 May 1935

She is the eldest child of Prince Knud (1900-1976) and Princess Caroline-Mathilde of Denmark. Her father is the younger brother of King Frederik IX, the father of Queen Margrethe II.

She was born in 1935. Her two brothers are Ingolf and Christian, Greves of Rosenborg.

We think that Elisabeth seems very nice!!!! She doesn't have the luckiest look, but she seem nice and happy!!!

And an amazing thing about her is that she makes most of dresses herself! And if you've seen pictures of the ones she has made, you'll know that they're pretty well-done and sometimes nicer than the ones you can buy!

Finally she's included on the official website! Here is her profile from www.kongehuset.dk :

http://i.c.dk/pics/5/4/5/34545/org.jpg

[B]Her Highness Princess Elisabeth[/b]

Elisabeth Caroline-Mathilde Alexandrine Helena Olga Thyra Feodora Estrid Margarethe Désirée, Princess of Denmark, was born in Copenhagen on 8 May 1935. Princess Elisabeth is the daughter of Prince Knud (Heir Presumptive to the Throne) (1900 - 1976) and Princess Caroline-Mathilde (1912 - 1995). Princess Elisabeth is included in the order of succession to the Throne.

Christened and confirmed
Princess Elisabeth was christened in June 1935 and confirmed in Lyngby Church in May 1950.

Educational background
After secondary school leaving examination in 1952, Princess Elisabeth studied for one year at the Brillantmont International College in Lausanne, Switzerland. This was followed by a year at Suhr’s School of Home Economics. Subsequently, Princess Elisabeth attended Margrethe-Skolen (Scandinavian Academy of International Fashion and Design) from 1954 to 1956. Before being employed in the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Princess Elisabeth followed courses at the Tempo Type School in Copenhagen.

Business background
Princess Elisabeth was employed in the Ministry of Foreign Affairs from 1956 to 2001.

While employed in the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Princess Elisabeth was posted to the Danish Embassy in Washington in October 1973 - 1976 and in August 1981 - 1985 as well as to the Danish UN Mission in Geneva in May 1989 -1993.

Language
Princess Elisabeth’s mother tongue is Danish. In addition, the Princess speaks French, English and German.

Patronages
Kjæden (the chain)
Danish-Brazilian Association
Danish-Japanese Society
Præmieselskabet for Plejemødre af 1861 (award-giving society for foster mothers of 1861)

i didn't know that she has 10 names?!!!! that's a really really long name to remember~

princess Elisabeth talks too much the former primierminister Anker Jørgensen wrote in his diary som years ago.

Does anyone have photographs of Princess Elisabeth? I can hardly find any at all.

she was in christian's christening? I don't see her.

bigheadshirmp said:
i didn't know that she has 10 names?!!!! that's a really really long name to remember~

I think the fam just calls her "Bitsy"

paulette said:
Full Name: Elisabeth Caroline-Mathilde Alexandrine Helena Olga Thyra Feodore Estrid Margrethe Désirée

Wow i wonder if she ever forgets one of her names! or maybe sometimes forgets the order of her names :)

Who photos Princess Elisabeth? 2005 or 2006?? She is much good and cousin to Queen Margrethe. Princess Elisabeth is over 70 year. Near photos date on Princess Elisabeth???It is good photo on Princess Elisabeth!!!

What does Princess Elisabeth do now that she has been retired from the Danish Foreign Office since 2001?

Princess Elisabeth's Career

The royal website says Princess Elisabeth worked for the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. I assume since she is considered a member of the royal family she recieves compensation. Isn't that a conflict with modern royalty since they are to stay out of politics? Were her positions just honorary?

Princess Elisabeth, 74, was hospitalised over the weekend after feeling unwell following her brother Count Ingolf's birthday. She was taken to a hospital in Vejle as a precaution and will be released today or tomorrow.

Google Translate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom