Princess Benedikte Current Events Part 1: April 2017 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Here's a nice video of Benedikte at the presentation of the Queen Ingrid's Honorary Grant yesterday:

Benedikte should Saturday have attended an event at the owner of Lego, Kjeld Kirk Kristiansen's horse farm.
But due to the Corona virus he has cancelled the event and as such Benedikte will not go.

https://www.bt.dk/royale/coronavirus-tvinger-dansk-rigmand-til-at-aflyse-kongeligt-besoeg

The reason for the cancellation is that the number who were expected to attend the event would have exceeded the 1.000 person limit advised by the government.

BB reports that Benedikte has taken up residence at Schloss Berleburg - after a very busy period in DK.

You don't realise or even think about how many sporting events there are until they get cancelled and are affecting so many people.
Now that the Princess is back in Germany perhaps she may not be able to get back to Denmark with the borders closed.

Well, I'd say she could get back if it was necessary. Like if she was to act as Rigsforstander or (let's not hope that!) her sister gets infected and is seriously ill.
QMII was once flown to and from Berleburg with an air force helicopter, I imagine a similar arrangement could be set up for Benedikte.

But apart from such an emergency, I doubt Benedikte will get back to DK anytime soon, even though she would no doubt be let through the border checks simply due to her status.

Yes I guess it would depend on circumstances.

Princess Benedikte visited the exhibition "The Queen's Faces" at the National History Museum at Frederiksborg Castle in Hillerød this afternoon, September 24:

** kongehuset gallery **

Now, one or two among you may ask: Why does Benedikte visit the Freemasons? An association she can't even join as a woman.

- Among other reasons because the Freemasons supply the waiters who serve at gala-dinners. As freemasons they are supposed to have been vetted as being discreet and and able to both communicate with foreign guests and knowing how to behave.

"Her Royal Highness Princess Benedict has a birthday and turns 77 today ����⁣ ⁣

The Princess celebrates her birthday privately in Christian VIII's Palace at Amalienborg. "

https://www.instagram.com/p/COPMGYig749/

Watched it on the news.
The portrait is OK, I think.

I'm not sure I appreciate the "embossed" paintings that is his style. That is that parts of the painting is sticking out, so to speak.
I don't understand the purpose and to me it's just as way to make the artist stand out.
He does that will all his portraits as far as I could tell.

Anyway, according to the news, Benedikte got this portrait exhibited as a recognition of her very considerable work for the DRF.

Watched it on the news.
The portrait is OK, I think.

I'm not sure I appreciate the "embossed" paintings that is his style. That is that parts of the painting is sticking out, so to speak.
I don't understand the purpose and to me it's just as way to make the artist stand out.
He does that will all his portraits as far as I could tell.

Anyway, according to the news, Benedikte got this portrait exhibited as a recognition of her very considerable work for the DRF.
Bendy deserves every accolade thrown at her and as she seemed very happy about the portrait I'll give the artist a pass... this time

Of course with Benedikte we'll never know what she really thinks about the portrait. The Queen of Berleburg would never let on if she didn't like it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Princess Benedikte is deserving of her own portrait. I think she is wonderful in her support to her sister the Queen and her love of Denmark and Greenland.

I don't think it's a coincidence that she attends a theater performance in Haderslev. That's a town in Southern Jutland and as you know there is a lot of DRF-focus on Southern Jutland and Bornholm this year.

Bornholm, because the Soviet troops there left in 1946.
Southern Jutland because that province was reunified with DK in 1920 - after having been lost after the Second Schleswigan War in 1864.

Back
Top Bottom