Princess Alexandra to Marry Martin Jørgensen: February 7, 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That was a surprise :)
According to TV2's website she will be the countess of Frederiksborg and no longer be a member of the royal family. She will, however, still receive 'a special grant from the state' but without her present VAT exemption.
The couple will live in her villa at Østerbro in Copenhagen.

Wow, that was short notice:)
Congratulations to them:flowers:
According to the announcement she will no longer be a member of the royal faimily. When she marries she will be known as Alexandra Christina, Countess of Frederiksborg.
They will live in Alex's villa in Copenhagen with Nikolai and Felix.
Off course i'am happy for her...although its a bit melancholy that Denmark will "loose" their Princess Alxandra.
Wish her all the happiness in the world:flowers:

I´m also sorry for the RF and Denmark....

They will loose their loved princess Alexandra. she was the first daughter in law of Margarethe and for almost 10 years the secret no. 1 in Denmark. I can´t imagine the RF without Alexandra. I don´t understand why she wants to marry Martin. They could live together and raise the princes without a marriage. he is so much younger than her. I wish them the best but I don´t think that this will last. he is in the same age than Joachim when he married Alexandra (the press speculated that this was too young).

Don't what to say except "well, congrats to the couple".
IMO there is too much difference of age between them and it is more difficult for a couple when the man is much younger than the woman.

If Alexandra and Martin for example wants to have children together they will have to do that very soon - and perhaps they prefer to do so married.
If she's happy with Martin, a royal title really isn't so important to keep IMO - better live the life she really wants.:)

I dont think we should expect anymore children from Alexandra...She's 42, isnt she?
Although i know its still possible to have children, its a bit old...to be blunt.

The marrriage ceremony will be private...so the man hunt goes in.

:) Yes, she's 42. But it's still not impossible. There must be a fairly high number of women in Denmark who get children in their 40s.

<Deleted speculation/Mandy>

Last edited by a moderator:
Its a mix of feelings from my part..but if she's happy..thats wonderful for her:flowers:

We will lose Princess Alexandra of gala events :sad:

IMO is to soon to get married again!I don't think she is thinking too racional!

I will miss her for sure..she was such a wonderful and beloved Princess!

Congratulations to them...

I think thay are amture enough to know when they are ready to get married...
THat's great!:flowers:

UserDane said:
Is this the start of a guessing game whether she is already p....... - given the short notice?;)

I never thought of that. I guess we'll see.:flowers:

Wow, now I am impressed.
Makes me think much better of Alexandra.
I did not like her keeping the advantages of a royal status while doing whatever she wanted to do.
I mean, she wasn't flesh nor fish those last two years.
This changes things for me.

Whether the marriage will last or not?
Time will tell. I don't think the age difference is such a problem.
And as far as I understand they are a couple for three years now,
this isn't such a short period.

I actually have the feeling this is planned from long hand or at least a possibility since a long time.
Perhaps that's why she and Joachim divorced.
Because she was thinking of a marriage with another man.
(Not saying that the failure of their marriage is her fault.)

Well, congratulacions for her!

:flowers: First of all: Congratulations to Alexandra! It's nice to see she found her personal luck!

So she will lose all titles then, right? She will not be called a "Princess" anymore, will not attend anymore events and won't have any duties anymore ?:cry:
That's really sad.. but I am also happy for her!

You know, I have to say, I wonder if this is such a smart thing to do. they started dating fairly soon after the divorce, so in effect he could be called a rebound relationship. And it is always best to have some time for yourself after such a thing in life, which I do not think that she had.

I have mixed feelings about this. I really like her, and wish that she would remain a member of the royal family. And I too feel that the age difference might very well cause some problems down the road. What if martin does want children some time later, but not now. Does he realise that she will not be able to do everything that he wants to do in 20 years, most likely, and does he really understand that he is marrying into a ready made family, and one that has obligations?

I really hope that she is happy.

No, she will keep the title "Countess of Frederiksberg".
About the duties we will see.
She still will receive a grant from the state. For what if she doesn't continue her duties?

And they did not start dating after her divorce.
I read that they celebrated their 3rd anniversary in December.
No confirmation of course, but I believe it's true.

Last edited:
It is announced that Alexandra will retain the patronages of certain organisation after her wedding.

Congratulations, Alexandra and Martin!
Maybe she will continue to receive the grant to serve as an "unofficial" ambassador for Denmark to other countries? Or would the grant be used for the support of the children?

I hope she knows what she's doing as the old saying goes "When its gone its gone"

No turning back now. <Removed comments/Mandy> Alexandra would be wonderful with a little girl/boy but the age difference does worry me!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulationns To Princess Alexandra and Martin,I hope they will be very happy together.
I am very sorry that we will loose a lovely princess and we will not see her as often.

Well, as she'll retain some of her patronages, as well as her order of the elephant, we'll see her in the future. Also on occasions with her sons.

As for the age difference. If they're happy, who am I to judge? Regarding possible children - Alexandra has her two sons, and Martin has a child from a previous relationship that he, according to the newspaper around the time their relationship went public, has little contact with. So they would be fairly covered in the child department already. Whatever comes comes. ;

I think it´s much too early for her to get married again...
I´m very suprised because I thought that she would never marry again because of her status as a princess (like Sarah Ferguson).:rolleyes:

I am happy for Princess Alexandra, but sad for us, I will miss such a great addition to the royal gatherings. It does say a lot about her and IMO, why people love her, she did what she thought was best and tried to be very classy about it. I had a small child when I met my prersent husband and I didn't want to live together because of my child. I am thinking maybe she is doing the same thing. God Bless them!!!

Congratulations to Alexandra!

I hope that the difference of age will not be a problem for her and Martin in the future.

Congrats to the couple! I have always thought of Alexandra as an incredibly intelligent person and I am sure she has thought this through and I am sure she really wants this.

Alexandra has been important for us, says Unicef - article from BT wherein the Secretary General of Danish Unicef says he hopes that Alexandra will continue to have them as a protectorate, as her engagement has been very important. She called them an hour before the announcement to let them know about her engagement.

Ekstrabladet take a look at the financial sum Alexandra is to lose - with an apanage of 1,9 milions, she will have to pay 1,3 milions back in taxes - and conclude it must be love... ;)

My thoughts: Coincidence that they reveal the news on a Wednesday, when Billed Bladet is published on a Thursday?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom