Princess Alexandra to Marry Martin Jørgensen: February 7, 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sophus said:
There is a picture on the cover of Se % Hør this week showing Martin and Joachim leaving a bar together...

Wow, that's very enlightened. If there are hard feelings, they seemed to have moved on. Good for t hem

I guess I am a little confused why people think because Alexandra is marrying Martin that the boys will not see their father.

From what I know (which is just based on media reports and/or pictures) Alexandra and Joachim have maintained a friendly relationship and the boys seem to spend equal time with both parents. Martin will have a role in their lives but more as a step parent/friend...he is not trying to replace their father.

Am I missing someting?

billie-jo said:
all i amasking is will alexandra let the boy's see their real father.
billie-jo

Of course she will! Why wouldn't she allow them to see Joachim? She hasn't stopped the boys from continuing to see and have a relationship with their father, so I can't see how re-marrying will affect that. Having a step-parent in your life doesn't mean your natural parent is being replaced and you'll never see them again. It means you have an extra parent that you can talk to, confide in...if anything, it makes the boys even more loved and cared for.

Jackswife said:
Alexandra's a lucky woman indeed, landing first Joachin and now Martin, both very good-looking men IMHO. I wish her and Martin the best and I'd venture to say also that she will make sure that her boys will always have a relationship with their father.
And both younger than her! I am jealous!

Zonk said:
I guess I am a little confused why people think because Alexandra is marrying Martin that the boys will not see their father.

From what I know (which is just based on media reports and/or pictures) Alexandra and Joachim have maintained a friendly relationship and the boys seem to spend equal time with both parents. Martin will have a role in their lives but more as a step parent/friend...he is not trying to replace their father.

Am I missing someting?

Not really and Alexandra parents still lives at a small annex at Schackenborg so it is really weird that some can take the speculations that far out. :wacko:

Surely a divorce is never pleasant, but everything regarding the divorce seems to have been handled as rolemodels for all other couples with children falling out of love. That is what the public knows and that is not much fuel for gossip unless you make it up.

Maybe they read to many german tabloids. :ROFLMAO:

Wedding guests

Do you think some of Alexandra´s noble friends she became acquainted with during her marriage will be invited? And if yes, who might it be? (Maybe from other royal houses?) Or is this improper?

MargreteI said:
Maybe they read to many german tabloids. :ROFLMAO:
Or too many Danish tabloids.
In most cases the German tabloids are just repeating stories which were already made up by others.
That's one thing I discovered through internet.:ROFLMAO:

Quick question. I don't speak Danish, am I correct that this story refers to the church wehre she's going to marry Martin?

B.T. online avis nyheder, politik, sport, underholdning

Also, do you all expect we will somehow get to see a picture of the bride? Can't imagine what she'll wear, as I'm sure the Danes still remember as if it was yesterday, her poofy bridal 'do when she got hitched to Joachim. Tricky situation for her: what's she to wear? Perhaps she'll pull a 'Camilla', i.e. tasteful and not too bridally-look? Or would she go all out with a veil and the like a la Nicole Kidman with Keith Whatshisname?

Martin kind of has the same "look" as Joachim, don't you think?

Congrulations on Princess Alexandra's engagment to Martin Jorgensen!:flowers: I wish them a lots of happiness in their future!:wub:

Chantal :)

princess olga said:
Quick question. I don't speak Danish, am I correct that this story refers to the church wehre she's going to marry Martin?

B.T. online avis nyheder, politik, sport, underholdning

Yes, the article refers to the church, Østre Egede Church, in which the ceremony is going to take place, and the manor at which the subsequent festivities will take place, Jomfruens Egede. As you can see from the photo, the church is situated right next to the manor, whose tenant, Mr. Niels Peter Schack-Eyber, is a friend of the couple.

Lasse Pedersen said:
Yes, the article refers to the church, Østre Egede Church, in which the ceremony is going to take place, and the manor at which the subsequent festivities will take place, Jomfruens Egede. As you can see from the photo, the church is situated right next to the manor, whose tenant, Mr. Niels Peter Schack-Eyber, is a friend of the couple.
Fascinating! Schack, huh? That's off of the same family tree that yielded Joachim <his> manor house, the aptly-titled Schackenborg?

Thanks for answering by the way!

ysbel said:
OK Heike, you're testing my German. :) Is Polterabend is the stag party for the men in the wedding party the night before?

Sorry. I didn´t know what it is called in English.

Wow! Congratulations.
The age difference is not a problem per se but it will come up once in a while. My husband is 11 years older than me: he is talking retirement, I am still very much in the work force...

A question.
Will the mailing address of Alexandra (the P.O.Box one on the royal homepage) still be valid after her wedding?
Does anybody know?

Congratulations to the happy couple!! =) Kinda late with the congratulations. Just wondering...how long have they been dating?

pepperann said:
Congratulations to the happy couple!! =) Kinda late with the congratulations. Just wondering...how long have they been dating?

I believe they've been dating 2 or 3 years now. :flowers:

Joachim and Marie invited?

German press says that both attend. But I can´t believe that because the whole attention might pass over to that couple.
I might have missed something. Is it known already whether they both come?

Two more days!!!!!
I can't wait to see what she'll wear- I'm sure she'll look lovely.

danapress has photos of the rehersal of the marriage.

Caroline Heering and Jomfruens Egede

Lasse Pedersen said:

Jomfruens Egede (click for their website) has a link with Caroline Heering, the hofdame of Crown Princess Mary.
Her mother is lady Helle Moltke, Countess of Lystrup and Jomfruens Egede.

Could you post them, please? Because when I went to the danapress website, you had to be a professional

She will trully be missed, her warmth and genuine committment to humanitarian work on behalf of the Danish people is a lesson for all current crown princesses.

I hope she has made the right decision and will be happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom