Princess Alexandra to Marry Martin Jørgensen: February 7, 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Alexandra has always been my favorite princess - who shall I admire now?

We in Denmark will never forget her!

:sad:

Sophus said:
We in Denmark will never forget her!
:sad:
This sounds like she died! Well, but I know what you mean. ;)
At least she will stay a Countess and hopefully she'll still have some duties from time to time.

I wonder if they will publish any pictures of the wedding. unofficial "official pictures" or something even if she's no member of the RF anymore then..;) :rolleyes:

Yes, congratulations to the couple. Now we know why she was making so few appearances. She was probably preparing to retire as a member of a royal family. Also perhaps this will pave the way for Prince Joachim to marry Marie because the situation would have been a bit akward if they were both Princesses, you know what I mean. So in this way, Alexandra can withdraw relatively quietly and Marie could perhaps step up. <Removed comments/Mandy> But I wonder how she will adjust to the loss of her status and the perks.

And that also explains why Mary had to have her prenup redone because I don't think that the Royal Family are too happy that another man will be living in the house that Prince Joachim had to pay a high price for. Will she have to return any royal jewels like the Alexandrine Tiara?

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrat's to the couple, this came by suprise, did not see it coming. I wish them all the best and i also hope she continues her duties, but not too sure about that.

:flowers: congratulations to them ! hope this time it will last

He he and it was made public on a wednesday .... again ... allways wednesday :lol:

I have to say that I am very pleased for them both. I hope that they have a long and happy marriage.
It's almost 2 1/2 years since the separation was announced between Alexandra and Joachim so I don't think it seems too soon at all. I'm sure if she had waited 10 years some people would still complain.:flowers:

I am surprised, but happy for her. She is by far my favorite princess. However, I wish them long years of happiness:flowers:

congrats to alex and martin. denmark will be sadened at the lost of their princess am sure. i wish her and martin peace and happiness.

Wow!
Good for them!
It seems to me that along with the princess title come many restrictions in her life. We may not see it as a disadvantage but to a woman just trying to get on with life after a divorce it must surley be difficult to have to check in with in laws over every move you make. It's definetaly not an advantage for her personal life. She wasn't born with the titles why would it be so bad or hard for her to give them up? More like a relief in my opinion. A way to freedom!
Jochaim must be devestated, this just confirms that his royal worth had nothing to do with her love for him. I don't think he'll ever find anyone quite like Alexandra again. It seems he really lost out here.

Also, I don't think that this is a rash decision. These are 2 grown adults. Alexandra handled her divorce with Jochaim beautifully and I'm almost positive that was not a rash decision. This woman is intellegant and thinks things through before acting.

Last edited:
Congrats to the couple! Hopefully we will still see Alexandra in some events.

Congratulations to her and Martin! :flowers: I hope they wil be very happy ..

Kind of sad that she won't be member of the Royal family anymore though ..

Last edited:
Wow! Congratulations to Alex and Martin, I'm surprised at the news as I had thought they weren't the most stable couple in the world. I hope married life offers Alex the happiness she deserves.

On the other hand, I'm incredibly torn as Denmark's Royal Family is losing its greatest asset. It will be such a shame to see such a wonderful princess lose her position forever.

Congrats to the couple!! Sure there is quite an age gap but if they are happy then who am i to say anythin else!!! O im so excited thinking about Nikolai and Felix in their page boy outfits:flowers:

norwegianne said:
Ekstrabladet take a look at the financial sum Alexandra is to lose - with an apanage of 1,9 milions, she will have to pay 1,3 milions back in taxes - and conclude it must be love... ;)

My goodness, you mean she only takes home 600,000 euros a year from 1.9 million?! That's a very hefty chunk!

I was so shocked when I started my daily "royal rounds" to the royal websites and found this! This news was certainly unexpected! While I hope she finds happiness with him for the rest of their lives, I'm sad that she will lose the title of "Princess." Not for the sake of the title, but I thought of it connected to honor her many years of service for Denmark. I just wished she could have kept that one.

lashinka2002 said:
Jochaim must be devestated, this just confirms that his royal worth had nothing to do with her love for him. I don't think he'll ever find anyone quite like Alexandra again. It seems he really lost out here.

Also, I don't think that this is a rash decision. These are 2 grown adults. Alexandra handled her divorce with Jochaim beautifully and I'm almost positive that was not a rash decision. This woman is intellegant and thinks things through before acting.

Yes! This shows that Alexandra married Joachim not because she wanted to be a princess!
I don´t see any "material" advantages for Alex if she remarries. She will lose her allowance.

<Deleted comments/Mandy>

MoonlightRhapsody said:
My goodness, you mean she only takes home 600,000 euros a year from 1.9 million?! That's a very hefty chunk!

It's not euros - it's danish crowns. One euro is about 8 times more worth than a danish crown. So - the 600.000 crowns she has left is like 60.000 british pounds whish is not much in her situation...

:ermm:

Now where she won't be a princess anymore, I could imagine her getting a job for UNICEF. That would be pretty great.

ricarda said:
No, she will keep the title "Countess of Frederiksberg".
About the duties we will see.
She still will receive a grant from the state. For what if she doesn't continue her duties?

And they did not start dating after her divorce.
I read that they celebrated their 3rd anniversary in December.
No confirmation of course, but I believe it's true.

Ah, Ricarda, everyone can smell that you really hate Princess Alexandra.
I thought the reason is that you believe she married Joachim because she wanted to become a princess.
Now it´s proved that she doesn´t hesitate to remarry, even she will lose her princess title and lose her allowance then.
Maybe there are other reasons which make you dislike her in the very beginning, reasons which you haven´t revealed yet on this forum?

It doesn´t disturb me at all if Alex still receives some money after remarrying to Martin. We already know that she will retain her petronage. Besides, many divorced women receive money from their ex-husbands, for doing nothing. They don´t have to work for their ex-husbands in order to receive the money. After all, don´t forget that Alex is the mother of Nikolai and Felix.

And many people celebrate their anniversary due to the date when they first met. It´s not necessary that they fell in love when they first met.
Don´t forget that Marie also got to know Joachim before Alex and Joachim divorced.

lashinka2002 said:
In what way does this confirm that Alexandra did not marry Joachim because of his royal worth?
Perhaps she married him to become a princess and during 10 years of being a princess
she found out it's not the heaven she thought it would be.

I personally don't think Joachim is devastated. He looks much happier nowadays.

lashinka2002 said:
This woman is intellegant and thinks things through before acting.

With this I agree.
I have the feeling that this whole divorce/new relationship/marriage issue was thought trough carefully and planned from long hand
and presented to the public in steps so people can get used to the idea.
I always had this feeling ever since Queen Margrethe made her a countess and it was said she will not loose the title if she remarries.
I am also quite sure Alexandra knows already exactly what she will do in the future
and we will get to know it gradually.

Heike said:
Ah, Ricarda, everyone can smell that you really hate Princess Alexandra.
I thought the reason is that you believe she married Joachim because she wanted to become a princess.
Now it´s proved that she doesn´t hesitate to remarry, even she will lose her princess title and lose her allowance then.
Maybe there are other reasons which make you dislike her in the very beginning, reasons which you haven´t revealed yet on this forum?

It doesn´t disturb me at all if Alex still receives some money after remarrying to Martin. We already know that she will retain her petronage. Besides, many divorced women receive money from their ex-husbands, for doing nothing. They don´t have to work for their ex-husbands in order to receive the money. After all, don´t forget that Alex is the mother of Nikolai and Felix.

And many people celebrate their anniversary due to the date when they first met. It´s not necessary that they fell in love when they first met.
Don´t forget that Marie also got to know Joachim before Alex and Joachim divorced.

Actually this special post was not meant critically.
I was answering some posters who asked whether she will continue with her work or not
and doubted that they know each other long enough to marry.
The state will pay her money, so I assumed she will continue with some of her duties.
(And it's the state not her ex-husband who pays, don't mix that up.
If she is paid by the state then she has to do something for the state IMO.)

Also, it is quite clear by now that the relationship with Martin started while she was still married.
I am not saying that this was the reason for the divorce.
Actually, from what I have heard, this marriage was in crisis for quite some time
and only lasted that long because of their royal status.

I do not hate Alexandra but I also never believed that she is the perfect princess.
I still believe that she married Joachim for the wrong reasons and has her share in the failure of their marriage.
There was a lot of make-believe and hypocrisy in the last years and that's what upset me.
But as I said this step makes me think better of her.

Congrats to Alex and Martin. I think it is nice that she is getting remarried.

I also don't think it will be long before Joachim gets remarried.

ricarda said:
With this I agree.
I have the feeling that this whole divorce/new relationship/marriage issue was thought trough carefully and planned from long hand
and presented to the public in steps so people can get used to the idea.
I always had this feeling ever since Queen Margrethe made her a countess and it was said she will not loose the title if she remarries.
I am also quite sure Alexandra knows already exactly what she will do in the future
and we will get to know it gradually.

Are you implying that Queen Margrethe has got to know her plan of remarriage, so she gave her the countess title? I don´t think the Queen would be so general to Alex if she betrayed her son and even planned to marry another man. If the Queen gave her the title because she knew Alex will remarry someday later, this only shows that the Queen likes Alex very much. She can´t keep Alex being a princess if Alex remarries, but she can keep her remaining noble by giving her this countess title.
Besides, any reasonable people (Alex seems to be very reasonable) won´t try to predict how long a romantic relationship will last. I don´t think Alex could predict in 2004 that in 2007 Martin and she will be still together.

Caswallan said:
Congrats to Alex and Martin. I think it is nice that she is getting remarried.

I also don't think it will be long before Joachim gets remarried.

I think so, too!
I think Joachim will remarry soon.

ricarda said:
Actually this special post was not meant critically.
I was answering some posters who asked whether she will continue with her work or not and how long they know each other.
The state will pay her money, so I assumed she will continue with some of her duties.
(And it's the state not her ex-husband who pays, don't mix that up.
If she is paid by the state then she has to do something for the state IMO.)

Alex is a special case.
She receives money from the state because her ex-husband was a prince.
If a state wants to keep their monarchy, they have to pay sometimes.
So I think it´s still fine that she receives money for doing nothing, like many other divorced women.

I think its great that Alex is getting remarried. Like many, I will be said to see her leave the stage so to speak. If she is no longer a member of the Royal House...I imagine we won't see her as much.

As no one knows the true real reasons for Alex and Joachim's divorce...I still think its unfair to state that Martin was a factor. What if she knew him but their relationship didn't truly develop until Alex and Joachim separated? What if they separated prior to the official announcement but didn't want to overshadow Fred and Mary's wedding so it was all low key. As mentioned, there were rumours for months that all was not well. We will never know.

In regards to her allowance...she is still the mother of two Princes. I think of it more as child support and any work that she will do on behalf of Denmark. I am thinking she will take a more active role with one of her charities in a working capacity.

As for Joachim getting remarried...I think he will...but perhaps not right away. Unlike Alex, Joachim can't afford to make any more mistakes (marriage wise). So he would be wise to make sure that this one will work.

Heike said:
Are you implying that Queen Margrethe has got to know her plan of remarriage, so she gave her the countess title? I don´t think the Queen would be so general to Alex if she betrayed her son and even planned to marry another man. If the Queen gave her the title because she knew Alex will remarry someday later, this only shows that the Queen likes Alex very much. She can´t keep Alex being a princess if Alex remarries, but she can keep her remaining noble by giving her this countess title.
Besides, any reasonable people (Alex seems to be very reasonable) won´t try to predict how long a romantic relationship will last. I don´t think Alex could predict in 2004 and in 2007 Martin and she will be still together.
We don't know who betrayed whom first.
I never said that the failure of the marriage is Alexandra's fault alone.
I actually think the reason for the failure is not another man/woman
but the fact that their characters did not go well together.

But I think the possibility of a new marriage was definitely in the air at the time of the divorce
and that's why Margrethe gave Alexandra a title which she will keep all her life, no matter what happens.
After all, the mother of two princes can't be a simple Mrs.Jorgensen or Mrs. X,Y,Z.

Zonk said:
In regards to her allowance...she is still the mother of two Princes. I think of it more as child support and any work that she will do on behalf of Denmark.

She gets child support from the father of the children who again is paid by the state.
I definitely think that the allowance of the state is meant to be a reward for any work
she does on behalf of Denmark.
At least it was said so when they granted it to her.

Heike said:
Besides, any reasonable people (Alex seems to be very reasonable) won´t try to predict how long a romantic relationship will last. I don´t think Alex could predict in 2004 and in 2007 Martin and she will be still together.

In Denmark princes who were born princes became counts/countesses of Rosenborg when tehy married common people. In the case of Alexandra the Queen could not give her the title of Countess of Rosenborg as she is not born a royal. Therefore the Queen had to invent a new title for this new type of royals (prince/princesses of marriage who marry again) and it became counts/countesses of Frederiksborg. Let's say that prince Nikolai's future wife divorce him and marry again then she will also be a countess of Frederiksborg.

:)

I must say I am VERY SURPRISED.:wub:
I though they will split.:ohmy:
Anyway, CONGRATULATIONS TO BOTH OF THEM!:flowers: :flowers: :flowers:

Congratulations to them! Though I'm a bit surprised - I, having not really followed Princess Alexandra, had no idea how serious the relationship was. But, still Congratulations!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom