Prince Harry: Official Visit to Denmark - October 25-26, 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So disappointed with this video. From the moment this visit was announced I was looking forward for the kiss-and-greet vid. But I think it's Queen Margrethes style not to do such. Even for Charles n Camilla's visit we didn't get such video. All other monarchs greeting videos r released. Even the super-formal QE2's.. Anyways it's great to see the two together..

Last edited:
Mary has two other events tomorrow (today as well).
Frederik is in Thailand for the king's funeral ceremonies. Im thinking, Frederik would have been with Harry at tomorrow's Invictus games event (Frederik did attend the games in 2014), but has to attend the funeral. :flowers:

Harry at tonight's reception

and at Tivoli Gardens
Thanks. :flowers:
Bit of a bummer not to see the younger Royals together but understandable.

I don't see anything close to being a fan/idol thing either. If anything, there is a sense of meeting up with her dear friend's grandson and happily catching up on some news.

I also think the last thing in the world that Harry would ever want to be treated like is an idol. He's a wee bit too down to earth for that kind of stuff. :D

Have to say I agree with Osipi and Nordic here. Grandmotherly affection maybe but fan/idol - no, sorry.

HRH Prince Harry also attended a reception at the Hotel Nimb in Tivoli in Copenhagen tonight.

PPE Agency

Margrethe smiles like a fan meeting her idol. Sooooooooooo cute! Awwwww!
Idol? I don't think so. She definitely is smiling and she looks really relaxed so I'm guessing they had an entertaining meeting. She smiles at him like she really enjoyed his company and he smiled at her the way he smiles at his Grandmother, with dancing eyes.

It looked to me like they shared a funny/amusing joke.

Perhaps she presented him with a gift. One of PH's blazers, the green one, he usually wore when going to parties.
- After having it retailored to suit Harry. - With an encouragement to use it tomorrow... :D

And being the well-behaved young man Harry is, any wish from a lady, especially an elderly lady, is a command.

I imagine QMII has been on the phone with QEII agreeing: "We really need to put some colors on Harry!"

This one: https://bt.bmcdn.dk/media/cache/resolve/image_1240/image/89/893503/13860934---2.jpg
The shirt too.
I'm sure Harry would be eeh... delighted... to wear it. :D - And daily Mail would have something to write about for the next decade or so. ?

:previous: Oh you are a very wicked man Muhler . . . Henrik's old green jacket is, well, very kermit green and while Harry may be a Ginger, it lacks any point of interest. Now the shirt? That's interesting. Wierd, but interesting. However, my mind's eye is having a really difficult time visualising it on Harry!

Last edited:
Actually I think that the Zorba the Grape outfit that Henrik wore recently would go quite excellently with Harry's ginger hair. I can see the Daily Fail articles now renaming Harry "Little Henrik". :lol:

But seriously folks, from all I've see of today's adventures in Denmark, Harry is enjoying himself meeting the people and it seems that the people of Denmark have succumbed to Harry's charm. It can't get any better than that. :D

I'm really enjoying this visit and all the photos. As ever, Harry looks to be having the time of his life whatever the occasion (except when he absolutely has to be serious) and this trip is no exception.
I'm look forward to more events.

Is it me or is Harry getting better looking with age? Damn.

And second - that video with the flashbulbs going off - my Lord - I actually feel badly for the royals having to deal with that kind of attention... I'd be blind by now.

And second - that video with the flashbulbs going off - my Lord - I actually feel badly for the royals having to deal with that kind of attention... I'd be blind by now.
I was actually re-watching the Cambridge wedding the other night (damn insomnia) and noticed that Harry's hair has thinned significantly since then. But he somehow has managed to make it look good! Maturity seems to suit him.

It was good to see him meet with Queen Daisy. I would have also liked to see "Uncle" Harry meeting her grandkids, but that really wasn't the purpose of the trip. Besides, there were some cute moments with other kids throughout the day.

There might be other trips to Denmark in the future now the ice has been broken so to speak. I too would like to see him with the Crown Prince couple and their family. Still, he will be meeting Joachim later on and I'm sure they'll like each other.

Harry's charm offensive in Denmark was covered by Vanity Fair:

His trip began with a stop at Copenhagen’s Palace of Amalienborg, where he met Queen Margrethe.

Margrethe, 77 years old, looked positively enchanted with the young British royal—and why wouldn’t she?!

Great visit so far. :flowers:

I loved seeing him with Daisy. Not a fan girl certainly, she seems like a kindly grandmother welcome to Harry. Not surprising as she is close to his Gran.

The young Danish royals vs the young British royals is a big difference. While it would be great to see them interacting, Joachim and Fred are not really age contemporaries with Harry and the Cambridges. Joachim and Fred are more of age with Edward and Andrew then their nephews. The gap will lighten with the next generation. George and Charlotte wont be too much younger then some of their contemporaries.

Yes, that very awkward age disconnect between Charles and his Royal contemporaries in rank, several of whom have now moved on to become monarchs, has stymied some close relationships being formed between the Continental and Scandi royals and the BRF, with the exception of Edward and Sophie. It's good to see some visits to other monarchies by the younger royals recently, and let's hope it continues.

Thanks Iceflower! Great pics. Prince Harry does his nation proud!

After a nice brunch at a lovely bakery for Harry, where everything looked delicious, it's on to meet Prince Joachim and the Danish vets. Both princes looked happy to meet up, and Harry has shown his usual connection with service and ex service people. I think he looks great, very energised and engaged.

Isn't there a report in the Danish press that Harry has met privately with the family of a Danish soldier who was killed in Afghanistan and Harry flew his body back to base?

Nope it's not just you! He and William have traded places!

He quite reminds me of the DoE ..and has for several years now!

LaRae

Isn't there a report in the Danish press that Harry has met privately with the family of a Danish soldier who was killed in Afghanistan and Harry flew his body back to base?

I haven't seen any such report in the Danish press. I assume that is out of respect of the relatives.
If they have requested the press to keep a distance, then such a meeting is considered a private thing (even if Harry is a famous Prince) and the press will usually keep their distance.
Also because the Danish public might find a press intrusion ghoulish.

Harry has for the second day been well featured in the TV2 main news at 19.00 and today he was very much praised by the veterans, who openly stated what a difference the Invictus Games concept have made for them personally and the respect they feel for Harry on a personal level. And the way they feel they can relate to him and he to them.
With all due respect for Joachim, he was reduced to a prop today.

A video summary of today's events from BB: VIDEO: Prins Joachim gav prins Harry varm velkomst | BILLED-BLADET

Last edited by a moderator:
Daily Express reporter Richard Palmer said this was kind of a dull visit from the British press point of view.

He said Harry received positive press in Denmark but the crowds were small.

Can any Danish members comment on crowd size?

If you scroll down through this article, it does give the information about how Harry did meet with the parents of the Danish soldier that delayed Harry's flight out of Afghanistan as they waited for the soldier's friends to load his coffin onto the flight.

This meeting had to be bittersweet for the parents (no information was given about the meeting. It was private) of this fallen soldier. To know that their son impacted one person's life to the extent of trying to make a difference world wide for veterans is perhaps the most deep and profound memory they could have of their son. This is our Harry. This is the man that deeply cares about not only what he is doing but also about the people that have impacted his life.

Daily Express reporter Richard Palmer said this was kind of a dull visit from the British press point of view.

He said Harry received positive press in Denmark but the crowds were small.

Can any Danish members comment on crowd size?

Not being there myself, I can't say how big the crowd was and how many of them were British ex-pats.

With all due respect for Harry, he has a good press in DK, and a pretty good public image, but he's no superstar.
We have our own royal family and they are the superstars - of course. Especially M&F.
After the DRF comes the Swedish and Norwegian families, followed closely I think, by the Dutch royals.
They are the ones people might take time off from work/school on a grey, rainy October Wednesday and Thursday to go see.
The turnout, I'm sure, would easily have been doubled probably more, had Harry been accompanied by Mary and/or Frederik. That's only natural.
On top of that Harry didn't go so much to public places where large crowds could be expected to be, but instead he went to smaller specific events.

Yes, despite all that, Harry got an above average coverage in the Danish press. And a very positive coverage, mind you.

Perhaps William and Kate would gather a larger crowd had they gone to similar events. I don't know. I would certainly not put my head on the block saying they would.
In short: the young BRF members don't have that big a profile in DK, there is simply too much competition from the other Continental royals.

So to sum up: Harry did well.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom