Prince and Princess Axel of Denmark - Auction of their Estate: May 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

maria-olivia

Majesty
City
Brussels
Country
Belgium
The Commmissaire Priseur Olivier Coutau-Bégerie , 60 avenue de le Bourdonnais 75007 Paris will sell during an Auction at Drouot Paris on Monday 18th May more than 400 pieces about their family and the other Royal Families. tel 00-33-1-45 56 12 20
Princess Axel of Danemark was born Princess of Sweden and was the sister of our beloved Queen Astrid.

Who has decided to do this auction, and why? Prince Axel has died 45 years ago, his wife 32 years ago...I wonder why their properties will be sold now...

They had 2 sons , Georg (+)without children and Flemming who is still alive ,maried 2 or 3 times , and has children. He decided the auction..Ask him why??
I was really surprised that they have items of the different royal families , very interesting auction. But concerning the juwels , the copies are sold. The princess did copies of het juwelry so she did not have to go to the bank..

Sorry , Flemming died in 2002 .. so his heirs decided the auction.
For more informations , click on Noblesse et Royautés , item 16

Last edited by a moderator:
The auction will take place at the famous action house Drouot/Paris on
Monday 18 May in the afternoon.
I send to-day 3 orders by fax and I hope the items will not have one 0 more than at the Comtesse de Paris's auction.
It is not possible to follow the auction on internet but the day after , Thuesday they will telephone..
Among the more than 400 pieces a lot of very old photographs ,some with royal
signatures or wishes and a lot are in their original frame. Even items about the Romanov, Marie-Antoinette, Napoleon the RF of Danemark, Great Britain, Grece,
Sweden, Monaco...and more
A lot of civil or military decorations which belonged to the late Prince Axel are sold also. Prince Axel was Prince Waldemar and Marie de Guise 's son.

The auction is starting now at Drouot/Paris.My item comes in 30 minutes..

I am very happy , I have a great admiration for Princess Ingeborg of Sweden because she was my King Albert II's grandmother.
When Queen Astrid died she was only 30 years old and Princess Ingeborg was a second mother for her 3 children inviting them a lot at her home to Sweden where they could play with Margaretha and Märtha's children.
So I bought to-day a small silver notebook with inside an I (Ingeborg) and a royal crown which belonged to Ingeborg

Last edited by a moderator:
I am very happy for you!

I am very happy , I have a great admiration for Princess Ingeborg of Sweden because she was my King Albert II's grandmother.
When Queen Astrid died she was only 30 years old and Princess Ingeborg was a second mother for her 3 children inviting them a lot at her home to Sweden where they could play with Margaretha and Märtha's children.
So I bought to-day a small silver notebook with inside an I (Ingeborg) and a royal crown which belonged to Ingeborg

Congratulations Maria Olivia...........:flowers:

Here is the press release from Drouot on the auctioned items, in French.

The most succesfull items were Prince Axel's decorations and he had a lot.

The item I bought is on the picture send by JessRulz (a siver bloc-note with inside an I with a royal crown) which belonged to Ingeborg Princess of Sweden, my King's grandmother.

Congratulations maria-olivia!

I see they are also selling two Norwegian orders, aren't this things supposed to be returned to the head of the order (the king of Norway in this case) after the owner died?

This is a good question : as Prince Axel had two sons , Georg and Flemming , the decorations of the 3 Princes were sold yesterday.
Some orders ask their decorations back and others not. The Prince Flemming heirs (who seems to divorce and divorce again) were wise to sell them at an auction in Paris and at the famous Drouot.
Not all the pieces were sold , but the decorations in a row or alone were succesfull.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom