Opening of Parliament (Folketinget) 2003-2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
LOL - this type of pictures are taken every year on the opening of Parliament :lol:

...and no announcement of an engagement between Joachim and Marie Cavallier - as some of the Danish tabloids had speculated about. Even the commentator for DR1 said 'So, no engagement announcement'....

It must be a quite boring act, I understand very well their faces!!!
I would be surprise with an announcement so early, Joaquim has left a broken marriage just a few years ago so I think he must wait for a new commitment and be sure that Marie is the one and they are not dating for so long!!!!

Yep, many parliamentary members I've seen look as if they're thinking, "one sheep; two sheep; three sheep; zzzzzz" :D:D

Good Heavens, I had not realised how much like her late mother Princess Benedikte is.

Well, from what I can see of Mary's outfit, I think it looks great on her! She does know how to dress!! I like her choice of hat also. Thanks for the pictures guys, hope to see more soon!

I was wondering, why doesn´t Prince Richard come along with his wife? She usually attends this event alone?

I was wondering, why doesn´t Prince Richard come along with his wife? She usually attends this event alone?

I think it is because this event is for the Danish Royal Family, Richard isn't officially apart of the DRF although he is married to Benedikte. A Danish member will probably be 100% sure in their answer though

I think it is because this event is for the Danish Royal Family, Richard isn't officially apart of the DRF although he is married to Benedikte. A Danish member will probably be 100% sure in their answer though
I am not 100% sure why - but didn't prince Richard once say in an interview that he prefers to stay at home and look after his business instead? Prince Richard appears friendly and likeable - but not overly keen on all that 'royal business' :)

Thanks for the pictures, All royals looked lovely today. Why is QM dressed in dark colors, id hope to see her in something abit more brighter, but beautiful suit. I loved Mary's outfit, if not mistaken, its recycled a few times. I loved her hat.

Mary looks fab, every inch a regal look. As usual great appearance at such an event. Would be great to see Marie next to Joachim next time, he looks a bit sad and lost.

Mary looks fab, every inch a regal look. As usual great appearance at such an event. Would be great to see Marie next to Joachim next time, he looks a bit sad and lost.

I think he was just bored.

Even though I like very much what Mary is wearing I thought the entire ensemble was a bit dull. I didn't like the hat at all! Great hat but it didn't seem to go with the outfit, imo. And what about some jewelry? A nice brooch or possibly a necklace would have helped and more noticeable earrings would have been better too.

I have to add though that the Queen really did look lovely today, I loved the color choice!

I know many have said they all look bored but I'm not so sure they are actually bored or if it's just that this type of thing isn't really all that high on excitement. Maybe they are just all listening intently and taking it all in.

Last edited:
Mary looks very good, love her hat !

Marys suit is recycled. She first wore it for the christening of Sverre Magnus of Norway.
ImageShack - Hosting :: 140hc.jpg (Hola, originally posted by mtbcm)

She looked pretty today; but in a way the color of the flower doesn't really go well with the color of the hat...
except of this she looked elegant as usual.

Madeleine Glindorf has fantastic photos of this event. She's a true artist! I always love her photos.
Royal Photos by Madeleine Glindorf

Last edited:
madeleine fantastic as always, always the best in m y opinion. not sure about the hat but the outfit is quite appropriate for the occasion if not a little bland (but i like her in bright colors jmo) very nice curtsey to the queen, afraid i'd fall or wobble over- going so low on one foot.

well, dear people, I must say this is not a fashion show!!! It is a political event in which the government through the speech of the Queen as Head of State announces its political and legislative program for the coming session. So boredom is not the point. National policy is.

How sad that all those Scandanavians do not do it up right like the British, crown, jewels,, robed statesmen, Lords and all and gold carraiges and trumpets. The whole nine yards.
Then it would certainly be more colorful and I am all for all the colour one can get. My one complaint about the present postings is that some kind soul put a link to actually hearing and seeing the ceremony and Computer mongoloid that I am-hopeless, absolutely hopeless, I cannot find the way to getting it to come up. It is very sad to see pictures of the these people and have not a clue as to what on earth they actually sound like or really look like alive. Wannnnnnnnnggghhh. Sniff. directions anyone???? Cheers.

well, dear people, I must say this is not a fashion show!!! It is a political event in which the government through the speech of the Queen as Head of State announces its political and legislative program for the coming session.
Yes, it is not a fashion show.
And, no, there is no speech of the Queen in DK.
Apparently every royal house has it's own way of doing things.
And I am all for diversity.
Wouldn't it be extremely boring if they all would do things in the British way?

What? No speech from the thone??? How awful. Obviously I much prefer the British approach. Anything that takes attention away from the politicians cannot be a bad thing, particularly if it were Margarethe II in tiara, jewels and full court dress delivering a speech. cheers.

well, dear people, I must say this is not a fashion show!!! It is a political event in which the government through the speech of the Queen as Head of State announces its political and legislative program for the coming session. So boredom is not the point. National policy is.
its not a fashion show but we just love to see the cloths, dresses, bags, bla bla. Its so great. besides i am not a danish so i could never give my opinion about a danish political speech made by the Queen. so i prefer to save myself for the cloths.

How sad that all those Scandanavians do not do it up right like the British, crown, jewels,, robed statesmen, Lords and all and gold carraiges and trumpets. The whole nine yards.
Then it would certainly be more colorful and I am all for all the colour one can get.
i understand you here :) i love the british way too

My one complaint about the present postings is that some kind soul put a link to actually hearing and seeing the ceremony and Computer mongoloid that I am-hopeless, absolutely hopeless, I cannot find the way to getting it to come up. It is very sad to see pictures of the these people and have not a clue as to what on earth they actually sound like or really look like alive. Wannnnnnnnnggghhh. Sniff. directions anyone???? Cheers.
:D you seem a funny person - i loved the sniff - but try to calm down. we are here to relax.

I actually don't like Mary's outfit. The color's dull and the hat. She likes wearing hats with flowers like that. It's looks cheap to me and the flower doesn't go well with her whole outfit. :ermm:

07/10 Regentparret, Kronprinsparret, D.K.H. Prins Joachim og Prinsesse Marie samt H.K.H. Prinsesse Benedikte overværer Folketingets åbning på Christiansborg Slot kl. 12.00.

The Regent Pair, The Crown Princely Pair, TRH Prince Joachim and Princess Marie and HRH Princess Benedikte will oversee the opening of the Danish Parliament at Christiansborg Palace at noon on October 7th

I am looking forward to seeing all the photos!

Back
Top Bottom