The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Old 10-26-2021, 03:39 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordic View Post
I would have thought Per Thornit would have been closer to them?
Very much so, after Mary arrived.

But Søren Haslund Christensen had, what I without hesitation would label, a decisive influence on Frederik, in particular, in his teens and youth - and as such their ties were strong and it would be next to inconceivable to me to believe that did not extend to Mary, simply by association.
Old 10-27-2021, 03:58 PM
Courtier

Any word on whether any member of the DRF (ie Frederik or Mary) will be attending the COP26 UN Climate Change Conference? The conference lasts from 10/31 to 11/12. Seems Prince William is attending and the IG page stated that there would be other Royal heirs attending. Sounds like a conference right up Frederik's alley tbh.
Old 10-27-2021, 06:46 PM
Imperial Majesty

Both Frederik and Mary have events on November 1st and 2nd.
Old 10-27-2021, 06:54 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by polyesco View Post
Both Frederik and Mary have events on November 1st and 2nd.
Mary's calendar is clear so far for November 3rd and 4th.
CPC's calendar is clear so far for November 6 through November 9th

The conference runs from October 31st through November 12th. Maybe something will show up for one of the days listed above with the next calendar update.
Old 01-16-2022, 02:00 PM
Imperial Majesty

Hi, I'd like to know how the security of the Danish Royal House works.
Which members of the Danish royal family have security?

https://www.bt.dk/danmark/bevogtet-d...or-en-kongelig

Photos:
https://www.pikist.com/free-photo-iimgr/da

Videos:

Old 01-16-2022, 02:58 PM
Imperial Majesty

Without going into too many details, which I won't, apart from the royal residences that are protected by the Royal Lifeguard Regiment, the most important members of the DRF have PET officers to protect them.
The other DRF members don't except on travels to certain places abroad and a uniformed police officer or two around when on the job.

When at home they no doubt have extensive alarms, both personal and perimeter and I guess also a safe room. And probably regular police patrols in the general area.

The PET officers, being from the police, are typically armed with pistols and must be considered a close-in defensive precaution. It's up to the ordinary police to secure the rest of the area.

FET agents are from the military and used in unsafe areas, like Afghanistan and the Sahel countries that Mary visited recently. They are considerably heavier armed, i.e. pistols, assault rifles and submachine guns, and there are typically more of them around, providing both close protection as well as perimeter security. In contrast to PET officers, FET agents are not trying to be particularly discreet.
Old 04-04-2022, 06:38 PM
Heir Apparent

Will crosspost this unanswered question from the Swedish subforum in case someone in the Danish forum knows the answer:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatiana Maria View Post
Does anybody have an explanation for why Queen Margrethe II of Denmark and her sisters are regarded as Bernadottes? In addition to Margrethe and Benedikte apparently being the only foreign royals invited to the Bernadotte jubilee in 2010, they and Anne-Marie were recently added to the Ätten Bernadotte (The House of Bernadotte) section of the Royal House's official site.

https://www.kungahuset.se/kungl.-huset/atten-bernadotte

Also added were profiles of Kings Frederik VIII and Frederik IX of Denmark. Prior to the update, the two them were listed in the family tree but did not have their own pages.

ETA: It may be connected to the Danish royal house specifically, since in that section, Queen Louise of Denmark and Queen Ingrid of Denmark are the only Swedish princesses of the blood who are referred to by their married titles, and Princess Ingeborg, by birth a Princess of Denmark, is the only consort who is not referred to by her maiden territorial designation or surname.
Old 04-06-2022, 07:22 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Will crosspost this unanswered question from the Swedish subforum in case someone in the Danish forum knows the answer:

Maybe I don't understand your question (which is often the case) but I think it's pretty straight forward, Margarethe and her sister are decendants of Jean Baptiste Bernadotte, just like King Carl Gustaf. Why wouldn't they be included in the family tree?
Old 04-06-2022, 08:06 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverpot View Post
Maybe I don't understand your question (which is often the case) but I think it's pretty straight forward, Margarethe and her sister are decendants of Jean Baptiste Bernadotte, just like King Carl Gustaf. Why wouldn't they be included in the family tree?
I am wondering about their inclusion because aside from the three of them, no other Bernadotte descendants who were not Swedish royals have been included in the section "House of Bernadotte". For example, neither the children of Queen Ingrid's brothers Count Sigvard or Count Carl Johan, nor the children of Queen Astrid of Belgium or Crown Princess Märtha of Norway, are listed.
Old 04-06-2022, 08:58 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
I am wondering about their inclusion because aside from the three of them, no other Bernadotte descendants who were not Swedish royals have been included in the section "House of Bernadotte". For example, neither the children of Queen Ingrid's brothers Count Sigvard or Count Carl Johan, nor the children of Queen Astrid of Belgium or Crown Princess Märtha of Norway, are listed.
The only answer I have to offer is about the non-inclusion of the children of Count Carl-Johan on the list. I'm fairly certain that the reason is that both Christian and Monica were adopted.

That said I'm surprised that none of the children of any of the demoted princes are even mentioned except those of Prince Oscar. They are, I suspect, only featured to get a chance to mention Count Folke and his White busses.
Old 04-06-2022, 09:36 PM
Heir Apparent

The exclusion of the non-royal Bernadottes (whether adopted or born from a marriage) is consistent with what seems to be the general principle of listing the current and former members of the Swedish Royal House. What puzzles me is that exceptions were made for Frederik VIII, Frederik IX, and Margrethe II of Denmark and her sisters. (An exception was also made for Christopher O'Neill, but that I can understand.)
Old 04-12-2022, 12:04 PM
Administrator

The first part of the programme series "The Queen's Treasury" will be broadcast tonight at 20:30 on DR1, the other parts will follow the next Tuesdays, the Palace has shared:

** instagram post **
Old 04-12-2022, 12:19 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post
The first part of the programme series "The Queen's Treasury" will be broadcast tonight at 20:30 on DR1, the other parts will follow the next Tuesdays, the Palace has shared:

** instagram post **

Will that only be about the Crown Jewels (as HM is holding some of the emeralds in the Video) or also about the other Jewels which are now diosplayed at Amalienborg?

Old 04-12-2022, 02:53 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post

** instagram post **
It is. I'm going to watch it and provide a link.
And if I get time a running commentary to the programme. It lasts only half an hour.

You can watch it here live in 40 minutes afteR this posted:
https://www.dr.dk/drtv/kanal/20875
Old 04-12-2022, 04:04 PM
Imperial Majesty

Right, I watched the first part of four about the preparations of two exhibitions.
One about the private jewellery owned and used by QMII but also featuring the crown jewels.
There a lot of short clips where QMII talks about some of the various pieces.

The second exhibition is the one a Koldinghus about recent crown princesses, who married into the DRF, with Mary being the latest addition so to speak and that also feature the preparation with clips where Mary adds her comments and inputs.

I didn't know QMII had narrated the audio guide for the jewellery exhibition.

Jewellery is not really my area, I must confess so it's difficult for me to say how interesting this series is here on TRF.
I think I'll do a running summary to a permanent link and see how it lands.
Old 04-12-2022, 06:45 PM
Imperial Majesty

The documentary is available here:

https://www.dr.dk/drtv/se/dronningen...r-taler_307886
Old 04-12-2022, 07:03 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blog Real View Post
Thanks! I was able to watch it with English subtitles.
Old 04-13-2022, 03:15 PM
Imperial Majesty

Excellent. No need for a summery then.

What do you think?
Old 04-13-2022, 03:30 PM
Courtier

I enjoyed it. Seeing how the exhibits were being put together and the extensive cataloguing! Hearing about the history of some of the pieces and how in some ways they are just part of the work outfit. Never thought of it that way!
Old 04-13-2022, 04:57 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzie View Post
Thanks! I was able to watch it with English subtitles.

How did you manage that?

Tags
christian, danish law, isabella, mary: crown princess of denmark, royal dinner services