The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #361  
Old 01-22-2020, 08:04 AM
Muhler's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Eastern Jutland, Denmark
Posts: 13,538
https://www.a4nu.dk/artikel/kongehus...forhindre-salg

Two Danish orders have been put up for sale on eBay, leading the court to take actions.
These two orders belongs to Ordenskapitlet i.e. the department under the DRF that administer orders that have are or about to be presented, as well as those that are returned upon the death of the recipients.
As these orders are deemed to be genuine the court has contacted eBay demanding the auction being stopped.

Orders over a certain level belongs to Ordenskapitlet, the Master of the Order being the at any time sitting Monarch. When they are presented it is with the condition that they are returned upon the death of recipient.
Orders under a certain level is the property of the recipient and can as such be freely inherited, given away or sold as the owner see fit.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #362  
Old 01-22-2020, 11:22 AM
ashelen's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: maidstone, United Kingdom
Posts: 3,118
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhler View Post
https://www.a4nu.dk/artikel/kongehus...forhindre-salg

Two Danish orders have been put up for sale on eBay, leading the court to take actions.
These two orders belongs to Ordenskapitlet i.e. the department under the DRF that administer orders that have are or about to be presented, as well as those that are returned upon the death of the recipients.
As these orders are deemed to be genuine the court has contacted eBay demanding the auction being stopped.

Orders over a certain level belongs to Ordenskapitlet, the Master of the Order being the at any time sitting Monarch. When they are presented it is with the condition that they are returned upon the death of recipient.
Orders under a certain level is the property of the recipient and can as such be freely inherited, given away or sold as the owner see fit.
Wow, some still in ebay! hummm should I get one?
__________________

__________________
Ashelen
Reply With Quote
  #363  
Old 02-01-2020, 03:40 PM
Muhler's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Eastern Jutland, Denmark
Posts: 13,538
There is a national fundraiser on tonight, the benefactors being child-refugees.

The DRF has contributed 750.000 DKK from two foundations.
Queen Margrethe and Prince Henrik's Foundation and
Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary's Foundation.

https://www.bt.dk/film-tv-og-streami...ndsamling-2020
Reply With Quote
  #364  
Old 02-01-2020, 03:51 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: xxx, Finland
Posts: 981
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhler View Post
There is a national fundraiser on tonight, the benefactors being child-refugees.

The DRF has contributed 750.000 DKK from two foundations.
Queen Margrethe and Prince Henrik's Foundation and
Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary's Foundation.
[/url]
I wonder why it is, that the 'Nikolai and Felix Foundation' never contributes to this fundraiser?
Reply With Quote
  #365  
Old 03-06-2020, 07:36 AM
Muhler's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Eastern Jutland, Denmark
Posts: 13,538
There have been reports that the DRF have requested that handshaking is dispensed with. - That is not correct.

It is up to the individual member of the DRF to decide whether they will shake hands, kiss on the cheek, hug or none of it. But there is no official policy even though the court keep an eye on the recommendations by the health authorities. (See my post in the Conona thread, after this is posted.)

- It would IMO be perfectly understandable that the DRF dispense with physical contact for the time being. Both for their own sake, but in particular because they shake hands with a lot of people and as such there potential spreaders of the virus.
Reply With Quote
  #366  
Old 03-08-2020, 04:02 PM
Muhler's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Eastern Jutland, Denmark
Posts: 13,538
Not entirely sure where to post this.

It's about the current treasure-exhibition at Amalienborg and described in Billed Bladet #10, 2020.

I will go into details about the individual items described. You can find the whoe article here though:
https://app.box.com/s/be4ndvr8b2vfzyge02dnj52upinyk9qz

Through marriages the Danish-Russian connections were strong and personal in the late 1800's as you know. That meant quite a few Faberge items ended up in the possession of the DRF.

Faberge-A: https://app.box.com/s/0o2u9ra4cv3v2vdme2bmgbck1tqh1hkb
These two arm-bands were presented to the Rosenborg collection in 1911 by Dovager Tzarina Dagmar. There is cuts of hair under the glass that is framed by diamonds, but it might originally have been pearls. They were possibly a gift from Christian IX to Queen Louise.

Faberge-B: https://app.box.com/s/ctrsp2bipxetncftlzdpwbrymxr9hu00
This is a tea-set in silver, decorated with gilded silver. It's a silver-anniversary present to Christian IX and Queen Louise.
There is a tall coffee pot, a portly tea pot, a cream-jar, a sugar bowl, a jar for marmalade and sugar tong and a tea-sew.

Faberge-C: https://app.box.com/s/46e1vz9382njf1fiucrtw6c8ijo0gygx
This gold-egg is made in France around 1720. It is in five parts.
An ivory-shell, a gold-shell, a hen, a ring and a crown.
It could contain scented water. The egg may have been an inspiration for Faberge's own eggs.

Faberge-D:
https://app.box.com/s/qpeiuxqtbn0474ql8wsi4st35ecfzm4x
https://app.box.com/s/gjwr8nawilergdw7uwbm1x85bzojd9dx
This a presentation-Kovsh in gilded silver. It is adorned with the Elephant of the Order of the Elephant. It was made by Faberge in 1892.

Faberge-E:
https://app.box.com/s/juq3liq8gvo0sgbarh321dppejr1pyau
https://app.box.com/s/a7yvis8xmqiy7u3qw02990ym0q1f2svr
These are two wine-coolers, presented to Christian IX and Queen Louise in 1892 on their golden anniversary.

Faberge-F: https://app.box.com/s/2d5s0ys46cmg3ah12ivoim8n28qxp56d
This paper-weight is in silver, adorned with silver-flowers complete with a portrait of Tzar Alexander III.

Faberge-G: https://app.box.com/s/d02hr1q48jami5z52p9lz56nknd7b16l
This fan is a gift from Queen Louise's grandchildren on her golden anniversary.
The fans have struts made from motherofpearls the sixteen leaves are made from chicken-skin. On this side is the Russian, English and Danish national crests with rococo-cartouches.

Faberge-H: https://app.box.com/s/5tyu62juccnvho0rxwro9yu4hink0f3e
This cup and fork was made by Savinskij and is in gold with cell-enamel. (Whatever that is.)

Faberge-I: https://app.box.com/s/fgnomdhh6lbx8m1jc6p3t9puol1twcao
This is the Rosenborg tiara, bought by an anonymous buyer, who has lend out the tiara for this exhibition.

Faberge-J: https://app.box.com/s/8im35br8jlpt8nmwv13lhzkg7pqoh240
Two variations of the star of the St. Catharina Order from 1714. The order is for ladies.

Faberge-K: https://app.box.com/s/x1ciqoss9ggiwga4cn1cqox3sx1vz69x
Made in Moscow, these items are from left to right:
A cigarette-case gilded inside.
A matchbox-case in silver.
A matchbox-case in silver with cell-enamel in old-Russian style.

Faberge-L: https://app.box.com/s/k92pd0dpthf8xoyzgm8zbfeowte6q70d
This a paperweight from the Ural-mountains. Made from Kalkan-quarts with berries made from gem-stones.

Faberge-M: https://app.box.com/s/sem6hahkfj1z6hpz9dv5yq9o7sx54tzb
An electric table-bell in French Empire-style with a silver-swan. It was used by Christian X.
Reply With Quote
  #367  
Old 03-18-2020, 04:17 PM
Muhler's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Eastern Jutland, Denmark
Posts: 13,538
And here are the scans of last weeks issue of BB:

https://app.box.com/s/bcm5ho39cdbaixzcsixoga0g0iqe3im9

It's more coverage on our Marie in Uganda. You'll find a summary in the relevant thread.
Benedikte is as usual all over the place. Here also with an interview based on her being patron of the Bulimia Association. Something she has no personal experience with herself. In fact bulimia was pretty unknown to her when she was young.
Frederik opening a recycling plant - in this case bottle and cans.
The DK has a system where you pay extra when you buy a can or bottle with beer, spirits, fizzy water and so on. When you return the empty bottle or can, usually at a supermarket, you get a not insignificant amount back in cash. That ensures that no intact bottles or cans are lying around for long, someone will inevitable pick it up and collect the money. And you can actually earn a very decent sum of money, especially in the summer, if you go on an early walk on Sunday in any town or city, or at a festival.
That ensures a very high rate of rycycling.

The we have Ludwig of Rosenborg. He is a dancer at the Royal Ballet and he has indeed danced for QMII a number of times.
Right now there is a series in four segment as to why he is not crown prince to Denmark today rather than Frederik. Because he is great-grandson of Prince Knud.

I saw a part of the first segment, and I was not impressed with Ludwig! Not at all.
Shortly into the first segment we saw this young man of twenty, sitting in his room yelling for his mother to come do something for him. And I thought: Fortunately we have Frederik instead!
The impression is that he (or perhaps those behind the series) is trying to make things more complicated than it is. And also that he is trying to appear more intelligent than he is. If he is angling for sympathy, he has lost.
It is not my impression that people in general are particularly impressed with him either, nor really care. I base that on no one talking about him and the papers hardly bothering to deal with him.

Here is the first segment, please don't ask me for a summary...
https://www.dr.dk/drtv/serie/hvorfor...e-konge_150710
Reply With Quote
  #368  
Old 03-18-2020, 05:27 PM
Somebody's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Somewhere, Suriname
Posts: 4,593
I assume he is the son of one of count Christian's daughters? So, a female-line descendent and therefore according to the rules that made his great-grandfather the heir instead of Margrethe he would not be in line to the throne either...
Reply With Quote
  #369  
Old 03-18-2020, 05:30 PM
Muhler's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Eastern Jutland, Denmark
Posts: 13,538
Well, Count Ingolf would be king now and since he has no children, the throne would go to the nearest male relative. I.e. Ingolf's nephew Ludwig.
Reply With Quote
  #370  
Old 03-18-2020, 05:53 PM
Marengo's Avatar
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Brussels, Belgium
Posts: 21,759
I know it is irritating if people start nitpicking, but here I go... with that reasoning wouldn't Ludwig's cousin Julius af Rosenborg, son of Countess Josephine be the eventual heir? I believe she is older than her twin-sister Camilla.

Interesting that all grandchildren of Count Christian go by the name of their mother/grandfather and not by the family name of their own fathers. I suppose they can get the family name through their mother but not the title?
__________________
TRF Rules and FAQ
Reply With Quote
  #371  
Old 03-18-2020, 06:00 PM
JR76's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Malmö, Sweden
Posts: 3,026
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marengo View Post
Interesting that all grandchildren of Count Christian go by the name of their mother/grandfather and not by the family name of their own fathers. I suppose they can get the family name through their mother but not the title?
That's correct. Like all Danes the Rosenborg children can choose their mother's surname though the title, like all Danish noble titles, are only inheritable in the male line.

Regarding the succession after a supposed King Ingolf I'm 100 % sure that it would have been changed to accommodate the fact that he himself had no children and his brother had daughters.
Reply With Quote
  #372  
Old 03-18-2020, 06:26 PM
Muhler's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Eastern Jutland, Denmark
Posts: 13,538
I refer to my reply to Somebody in the Line of Succession thread.

And add that this series is even worse than my first impression led me to think!

However at least our Ludwig is in the line to another throne; the British, albeit very far out.

But I will leave the discussion as to who would now be the CP of Denmark, had the law not been changed back in 1953, and also as to how our Ludwig is in line for the British throne, to someone else.
I plead incompetence and will contend myself with reading about it.
Reply With Quote
  #373  
Old 03-18-2020, 08:15 PM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Berlin, Germany
Posts: 453
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhler View Post
Not entirely sure where to post this.

It's about the current treasure-exhibition at Amalienborg and described in Billed Bladet #10, 2020.
Very interesting! Thank you very much for the work!

I always had this theory about the Fabergé-eggs: They are easter eggs and in this pagan. But they were very en-vogue - Oh look, what is in there! Well, it turned out to be bolshevik snakes.

Is it known, why the exhibition is now and was not earlier, two years ago or something?

(Plus and totally OT: I like the Fabergé-eggs for everybody, espescially for the kids. The so called "Überraschungseier" - "surprise eggs" out of chocolate with a little toy, that has to be assembled, inside... That is, how they look:
https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kinder_%C3%9Cberraschung

Well, they are from an italian enterprise, they probably sell them worldwide...)
Reply With Quote
  #374  
Old 03-19-2020, 02:55 AM
Muhler's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Eastern Jutland, Denmark
Posts: 13,538
Quote:
Originally Posted by victor1319 View Post
Very interesting! Thank you very much for the work!

I always had this theory about the Fabergé-eggs: They are easter eggs and in this pagan. But they were very en-vogue - Oh look, what is in there! Well, it turned out to be bolshevik snakes.

Is it known, why the exhibition is now and was not earlier, two years ago or something?

(Plus and totally OT: I like the Fabergé-eggs for everybody, espescially for the kids. The so called "Überraschungseier" - "surprise eggs" out of chocolate with a little toy, that has to be assembled, inside... That is, how they look:
https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kinder_%C3%9Cberraschung

Well, they are from an italian enterprise, they probably sell them worldwide...)
I don't know.
Perhaps it took time to set up the exhibition, because as I understand it will be permanent. That means a lot of practical details in regards to security (yes, even with armed guards outside) montre, lending items, and persuading QMII as well, perhaps?

Anyway, I sure intend to see the exhibition if for no other reason than to admire the craftsmanship. And it shouldn't be a problem to persuade Mrs. Muhler so come along.

Ah the kinder-eggs. I thought they were all over the place in Germany. They were even around in my childhood, in late Neolithic.
Reply With Quote
  #375  
Old 03-21-2020, 05:03 AM
Muhler's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Eastern Jutland, Denmark
Posts: 13,538
The DRF is donating 750.000 DKK to Red Cross in connection with the Corona crisis:
Donation til Røde Kors’ beredskab i forbindelse med coronasituationen | Kongehuset
Reply With Quote
  #376  
Old 03-21-2020, 07:34 AM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: xxx, Finland
Posts: 981
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhler View Post
The DRF is donating 750.000 DKK to Red Cross in connection with the Corona crisis:
Donation til Røde Kors’ beredskab i forbindelse med coronasituationen | Kongehuset
The Queen Margrethe and Prince Henrik's Foundation and
The Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary's Foundation donates.
Reply With Quote
  #377  
Old 04-06-2020, 03:29 PM
Muhler's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Eastern Jutland, Denmark
Posts: 13,538
The government has today outlined the first careful opening of Denmark.

But the prohibition on gatherings of more than 10 people, outside workplaces, will remain in effect until the end of August.
The borders will also remain closed.

That means no balcony scene at QMII's birthday. - No surprise there though.

Also, and this is how I see it:

No incoming and outgoing royal visits, unless very necessary.

No royal events involving crowds this side of 1. September.

That means no summer cruises aboard Dannebrog.
No ring-rider procession at Gråsten this year.
If the borders remains closed, there will be no visit and photo shoot with QMII at Chateau Cayz.
Very limited, if any, photo shoots at Gråsten. And if so, only in small groups, say M&F and children and no one else in the park. QMII and perhaps Benedikte and no one else.
No crowd in the background, because there will probably be no changing of the guards.
J&M at Schackenborg - perhaps.

In short: We are IMO not going to see much of the DRF on the job this side of September.
The first really big event involving the DRF may actually be the opening of the Parliament on the first Tuesday in October.

QMII will be celebrated with people singing at noon on her birthday - from their homes, workplaces or in very small dispersed groups outside.
It will be interesting to see how many will take part.
Reply With Quote
  #378  
Old 04-06-2020, 05:50 PM
maria-olivia's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Brussels, Belgium
Posts: 5,993
Do you think Prince Joachim and Princess Marie would not return to Paris for the Prince mlitary Job and the Kids Schools?
Reply With Quote
  #379  
Old 04-06-2020, 06:36 PM
Majesty
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: san diego, United States
Posts: 8,844
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhler View Post
The government has today outlined the first careful opening of Denmark.

But the prohibition on gatherings of more than 10 people, outside workplaces, will remain in effect until the end of August.
The borders will also remain closed.

That means no balcony scene at QMII's birthday. - No surprise there though.

Also, and this is how I see it:

No incoming and outgoing royal visits, unless very necessary.

No royal events involving crowds this side of 1. September.

That means no summer cruises aboard Dannebrog.
No ring-rider procession at Gråsten this year.
If the borders remains closed, there will be no visit and photo shoot with QMII at Chateau Cayz.
Very limited, if any, photo shoots at Gråsten. And if so, only in small groups, say M&F and children and no one else in the park. QMII and perhaps Benedikte and no one else.
No crowd in the background, because there will probably be no changing of the guards.
J&M at Schackenborg - perhaps.

In short: We are IMO not going to see much of the DRF on the job this side of September.
The first really big event involving the DRF may actually be the opening of the Parliament on the first Tuesday in October.

QMII will be celebrated with people singing at noon on her birthday - from their homes, workplaces or in very small dispersed groups outside.
It will be interesting to see how many will take part.
thank you for the update.
I guess the 100th Anniversary of the Reunion in July will also be impacted?
Hoping for the best for Denmark.
Reply With Quote
  #380  
Old 04-06-2020, 07:05 PM
Muhler's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Eastern Jutland, Denmark
Posts: 13,538
Quote:
Originally Posted by maria-olivia View Post
Do you think Prince Joachim and Princess Marie would not return to Paris for the Prince mlitary Job and the Kids Schools?
I don't know.
The situation in France is still very serious.

And the official policy here in DK is to avoid all unecessary travels abroad. And wouldn't Joachim be required to go into quarantine should he return to France?
I can imagine Joachim may return to France for the staff school, but I don't think Marie and the children will go with him.
At least not until France begins to open up again, and that may take at least a month.

Quote:
Originally Posted by polyesco View Post
thank you for the update.
I guess the 100th Anniversary of the Reunion in July will also be impacted?
Hoping for the best for Denmark.
That's for certain.

It remains to be seen how the anniversary will be marked, it means a lot to Danes both north and south of the border. So I guess the DRF will be represented in person in some way, but without the large crowd there would otherwise be. And probably not QMII herself. She will be 80 and she has smoked like a chimney all her adult life. It's a quite a risk, should she get infected!

And my best hopes for your country as well. You are, by all indications, in for a very bad week!
What we experience here in DK is nothing, nothing, in comparison.
Nor in comparison to what France is going through.
__________________

Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
danish royal family, danish royal family general news, general news


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
General News about the Swedish Royal Family, Part 1: April 2015- An Ard Ri Royal House of Sweden 369 06-16-2020 01:43 PM
General News about the Danish Royal Family Part 2: January 2013 - November 2015 dazzling Current Events Archive 403 11-14-2015 11:06 AM
General News about the Danish Royal Family 1: December 2008 - January 2013 Duke of Marmalade Current Events Archive 390 01-20-2013 03:49 AM




Popular Tags
#royalrelatives #royalgenes abdication althorp american history anastasia bangladesh belgian royal family bridal gown chittagong cht clarence house countess of snowdon danish history diana princess of wales dna dutch dutch history dutch royal family edo facts family tree fantasy movie genealogy habsburg henry v hill historical drama house of bourbon house of grimaldi house of orange-nassau house of saxe-coburg and gotha imperial household intro jewelry jumma languages list of rulers lithuanian castles mail maxima mbs netherlands northern ireland norway norway history palaces palestine prince daniel princely family of monaco queen paola random facts royal dress-ups royal jewels royal marriage royal re-enactments. royal wedding royal wedding gown russian court dress settings shakespeare snowdon spanish royal swedish history swedish royal family tips tracts united kingdom visit from sweden wittelsbach working royals; full-time royals; part-time royals;


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:18 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2020
Jelsoft Enterprises
×