The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 01-29-2017, 12:21 AM
Moderator Emeritus
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordic View Post
Have we really seen Mary and Caroline Fleming a lot together in the past?
Yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by polyesco View Post
Frederik had an event today in Copenhagen. I dont blame Mary if she opted to stay with their kids, its been a very busy week for F&M.
we have also seen Joachim and Marie go to a birthday party for Caroline, maybe they are close as well.
Imo, thats a bit of a disappointment on Mary's behalf. Yes Mary has had a busy week but thats her duty, Caroline is a close friend. Attending her fathers funeral would be ideal.

Old 02-04-2017, 03:04 PM
Imperial Majesty

Summary of article in Billed Bladet #05, 2017.
Written by the Ulrik Ulriksen.

Mary and our Marie's b-days are coming up, so it's time for the annual comparisons of the two ladies.

BB has compared the two and most of the article is pretty uninteresting, but there is a good deal of comparing their styles - but that I'll leave in more competent hands than mine.
And two sed-cards.

Now I will translate the individual items written in bold, but the details you should be able to figure out yourself. - Otherwise just ask.

Fødested = Place of birth.
Pigenavn = Maiden name.
Alder = Age.
Højde = Height.
Øjenfarve = Eye-color.
Hårfarve = Hair-color.
Skostørrelse = Shoe-size.
Gift med = Married to.
Børn = Children.
Forældre = Parents.
Søskende = Siblings.
Yndlingssport = Favorite sport.
Seneste civile job i Australien/Schweitz = Latest civilian job in Australia/Switzerland.
Grunduddannelse = School and high school.
Videregående uddannelse = University education.
Stjernetegn = Star sign.
Primært fokus = Primary area of focus as princess.
Militær karriere/karriere i Bredskabsstyrelsen = Military career/career in the Civil Defense.
Talte sprog = Spoken languages.
Privat adresse = Home address.
Danske yndlingsdesignere = Danish favorit designers.
- See, interest in royalty leads to learning new languages. Ain't royalty-interest great?

See here:
Mary's sed-card
Marie's sed-card

And the rest of the article:
https://app.box.com/s/7jan7c9jddjy4kega30vw15lkspf8p07
https://app.box.com/s/x1604io6lsry5a0brzjcg4a7xc87pabo
https://app.box.com/s/spuqsd1jycobb8qk34jvby3eseg4kkzt
https://app.box.com/s/n69yhxdqs071zd9d4q493h4p3v1w9gvh
https://app.box.com/s/mnc9htesfddgrvd3ws5s07aly8frwosy
https://app.box.com/s/1bna0gdolzdl6wtu2x1ld2cvehwwmw5v

Old 03-03-2017, 11:19 AM
Majesty

"Crown Prince Frederik and Queen Margrethe appear in a new TV documentary about one of Denmark's last great heroes, polar explorer Knud Rasmussen."

SE VIDEO: Kronprins Frederik og dronning Margrethe i ny TV-dokumentar | BILLED-BLADET
http://www.billedbladet.dk/sites/bil...D97485F4B1.jpg

added:
http://asset.dr.dk/imagescaler/?file...=75&ratio=16-9
Old 03-10-2017, 06:42 PM
Imperial Majesty

Thanks, Polyesco

Yes, both QMII and Frederik are very well versed in the history and exploration of Greenland, where the Polar explorer, Knud Rasmussen played a dominant role, also in regards to understanding the Greenlandic culture.

As you know the Sirius Patrol use sleigh dogs in contrast to other similar units operating in the Arctic.
If a snow mobile breaks down, you are in trouble! - If one dog breaks down, you just continue with rest of the pack.
Snowmobiles don't warn against polar bears...
Snowmobiles are thirsty, fuel wise! - It's easier to carry food for the dogs and if need be shoot a seal or two. You can't feed a seal to a snow mobile...
And finally you can't eat a snowmobile. You can always shoot and eat a dog.

The Sirius Patrol still use bolt action rifles. They work in conditions where semi-automatics are unreliable.

But back to Knud Rasmussen. Frederik deals with the more practical elements of exploring Greenland, while QMII in her usual style deals with history and culture.
Frederik: "There are countless examples that you o such expeditions had to eat the dogs in order to survive. Without sleigh-dogs, no expeditions and no discoveries".

Knud Rasmussen started his explorations back in 1902.
QMII: "He must have blossomed like a flower". QMII's grandfather, Christian X, supported Knud Rasmussen personally on several occasions.
In fact despite being father of three and with a wife back in DK, Knud Rasmussen fathered a son in Greenland. QMII explains: "In these small communities both in Greenland and in Canada, which back then were so immensely isolated, well, it was obvious that the risk of serious inbreeding was big, because it become cousin-marriages time after time after time.
When strange people came... then you could give them the the opportunity for a warm and cozy night with one of the local ladies. And that was perfectly acceptable, even though it was probably not something they spoke to much about when they came back to Denmark after the expeditions. But that was simply a part of life up there. At the same time it was a chance for some -homely coziness-. But not least that new blood was introduced to a population that lived endlessly isolated".
Old 03-17-2017, 09:34 PM
Administrator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Posts about the upcoming Council of State dinner have been moved to the http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...6-a-40739.html thread. Please continue there.
Old 08-25-2017, 11:22 AM
Heir Apparent

Ready to cuteness overload?
(At least for us who love dogs..)

The Danish Royal Family has just posted this video on their Instagram:

"The Crown Prince family's new puppy Grace played today at Amalienborg with H.R.H. Prince Henrik's dog, Tillias, eight new puppies. Puppy life at Amalienborg.
�� Kongehuset ©"

https://www.instagram.com/p/BYN4R0xA...danskekongehus
Old 08-27-2017, 12:31 PM
Imperial Majesty

"Sunday at Fredensborg Castle. �� Kongehuset ©"

The Grandparents with the grandchildren and the eight puppies!!!

https://www.instagram.com/p/BYTZyuBA...danskekongehus
Old 08-27-2017, 01:15 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

What a great photo,isn't Prince Henrik recuperating at the Fredensborg?
Old 08-27-2017, 01:28 PM
Aristocracy

It's a lovely photo and yes, Prince Henrik is recuperating at Fredensborg. I have to say, the mother of 8 is looking very unbothered by the whole thing!
Old 08-27-2017, 02:35 PM
Imperial Majesty

Yes, dachshunds can have a very aloof demeanor about them.

So QMII made it back to Fredensborg for a quick visit. She's been very busy these few days! In Aarhus. Giving interview about Aarhus. As usual her observations are sharp, to the point and more in tune with the public opinion than I dare say many from the media... And the art world... Oh yes, she was in terrific shape!
There is nothing wrong with her mind!
Like when she skewered a journalist who made the mistake of saying that the spelling of the city of Aarhus as Århus, is "old-fashioned". It isn't, Aarhus was spelled like this until the letter Å was introduced in the Danish language in 1947 or so.

She was also in the town of Hillerød today, but that's not far from Fredensborg, or Dannebrog...

Perhaps it's Mary who took the photo? As you know she recently published a photo of Grace in Fredensborg Palace Park. Perhaps in connection with having a look at PH'd dachshund and her puppies?
Old 08-27-2017, 03:19 PM
Aristocracy

That's what I love about your Queen - she takes no prisoners! Do you have link to any interview she gave in Aarhus?
Old 08-27-2017, 03:24 PM
Royal Highness

I also echo that statement Ms. Librarian, our Queen Daisy is as sharp as a tack and goes forth regardless of whom gets in her way. What a general she would of made besides being queen. Just a marvelous lady indeed!
Old 08-27-2017, 07:01 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibrarianDaisy View Post
That's what I love about your Queen - she takes no prisoners! Do you have link to any interview she gave in Aarhus?
I sure do: https://www.tv2ostjylland.dk/artikel...fikse-loesning
In this clip she's "destroying" an "art-work" in Aarhus. No doubt to the great delight of the locals, who mainly hated the "work"!

https://www.tv2ostjylland.dk/artikel...-ud-til-aarhus
In this she's talking about Aarhus in more general terms, emphasizing hers and Frederik's affiliation to the city.

- I will not go into details about what she said, because that would require some very looong explanations in order for you to understand what she's talking about.
Old 08-28-2017, 02:24 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by eya View Post
"Sunday at Fredensborg Castle. �� Kongehuset ©"

The Grandparents with the grandchildren and the eight puppies!!!

https://www.instagram.com/p/BYTZyuBA...danskekongehus
What a wonderful picture of the regent couple and their grandchildren
Christian, Bella, Vincent and Josephine carry the little puppies beautifully.
I have the impression that the Crown Prince family has spent most of their recent weekends at the Kancelli House and at Fredensborg Castle with grandfather and grandmother.
Lovely.

Added:
We have been enriched with lots of pictures of F&M's children over the past months this summer. Both at Instagram, the official summer photography and not least the Crown Prince family's summer tour around Denmark. Nice! I have enjoyed them. Now there is a long fall where they live their private lives and we do not see that much to them.
Old 08-28-2017, 04:19 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Its a very sweet picture but still ... looks like some damage control for Grandpa Henrik
Old 08-28-2017, 08:25 AM
Majesty

Puppies are so sweet!
Old 08-28-2017, 08:37 AM
Heir Presumptive

A nice reflection of these last summer days, spent with the grandparents... I don't think it was Mary who took the photo though. Her instagram photos always specify it was the "kronprinsessen" who holds the credits
Old 08-28-2017, 02:25 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Oh, what a cute photo! I love how there's a puppy for everyone to hold.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 09-03-2017, 05:54 PM
Imperial Majesty

The DRF are soon to be represented at a funeral. The close friend of the DRF, Peter Zobel, died today.
He belonged to the circle of friends around the Regent Couple, so I think it's safe to predict that at least QMII will attend his funeral. Actually he was a very close friend of PH.
He died from a lung disease, KOL (I'm not sure what the English term is, COPD?)
Peter Zobel was 81.
He leaves behind a widow and five children.

The Zobel family are also acquainted with certainly M&F, and perhaps to lesser degree J&M.

https://www.bt.dk/danmark/peter-zobel-er-doed

The Regent Couple have reached the age, where friends die away.
Old 09-04-2017, 04:33 AM
Heir Presumptive

Wasn't there a story a couple of years ago about Mary being at a party where one of Zobel's daughters used cocaine?

Tags
danish royal family, danish royal family general news, general news