Flag Day Commemorating Foreign Conflict Since 1948: September 5th (2009, 2012-2023)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks, Iceflower.

I notice that for once PET is present in connection with an event involving J&M. AFAIK J&M were the most senior present. The higher ranking government ministers joined in later today.
But of course such an event is naturally a pretty high profile target for terrorism, so I guess it was general percaution.
PET has after all prevented several terror plots in recent years.

:previous:
Marie looked very regal at this event.

Video

Last edited:
A long video from the Defence site, showing the ceremony at Kastellet, where J&M laid down a wreath.

Video: 12 kranse lagt ved monument

The Foreign Minister give a speech lasting some three minutes, then they place the wreath.

Notice at the beginning that Joachim very correctly salute before shaking hands. It's a little detail, but I appreciate it, it shows respect for the occasion.

Tomorrow Frederik and Mary will be attending various events in connection with Flag day (wreath laying service, church service and parade)

more information on Flag Day
Flagdag for Danmarks udsendte

:flowers:

Thanks Polyesco. All our buses and official buildings flakes today as well.

M&F will take place at a ceremony at Kastellet at 10.30am where a wreath will be placed.

At 2.30pm they will attend in church service in Holmens Church.

And last, but not least at 4.00pm they will participate in the official parade at Christiansborg Palace with the official Denmark.

Last edited:

Attachments

• Facebook.jpg
    Facebook.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 1,163
Last edited:
What was the song that played in the background? I heard it on the twins christening too when they were entering the church ?

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

A question for the Danish members: on the memorial are the words EN TID ET STED ET MENNESKE. What do they mean? On other pictures, I have seen walls with writing on them, possibly names. Is this something like the Vietnam memorial wall in Washington, DC?

Guten tag, Charlotte Aster. Thank you for your answer and the link. Very interesting. :flowers:

Last edited:

Thank polyesco,

BB tells it was when the song "In Denmark I am born" was played that F&M grabbed each other's hands. These two (and many Danes as well) has something with this song - it was also this song they all six walked into when Vincent and Josephine was christened.

I'm touched every time I hear it...

Also in the clip below...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1TdB7rbNeQ

Mary at the Flag Day. Nice pic, isn't it?

http://herognu.com/gallerier/Royalt/Smukke-Mary-arede-soldaterne/?img=/PageFiles/700807/001.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

That is a beautiful song, and the a cappella group that sings it is outstanding. I'm not even Danish, and I can feel the emotion in the piece. I'm going to search my sources and see if I can find a keyboard arrangement. Music is the universal language. :flowers:

:previous: Or listening to the woman with compassion?

:previous: I'll take the theory of Muhler.

Prince Joachim lost weight and is not handsome anymore.

Keep in mind that this was just a few days before the announcement of Alexandra's impending divorce. I'm sure they were both preoccupied, and even stressed - especially Joachim. He now has to help his sons cope with a second divorce.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom