Family Resemblances

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lady Bluffton

Nobility
City
Bluffton
Country
United States
Can we start a thread on family resemblances in the Danish royal family?

For example, I always thought HM Margrethe looked a lot like her dad, and her sisters took more after Queen Ingrid.

Photos would be great!

i honestly can't see that much of family resemblance between Frederik 9 / Ingrid and their daughters, and also not between Margrethe / Henrik and their sons :(

these days I think Frederik has a lot of his mother's cute face and Joachim has more of Henrik's squared face.

i always thought Frederik looks a lot like his Greek cousin Alexia. the cute face.

i also think the youngest of Joachim's boys has some of Frederik's facial features.

benedikte's children all look a lot like their father and his mother.

How about CP Pavlos and his mother Queen Anne-Marie (born Princess of Denmark)> same smile, same eyes. -

There has been pictures of QMII as a child and of Joachim as a child - both 8 to 10 years old - where you couldn't miss the family resemblance. They almost looked like twins.

Lady Bluffton said:
For example, I always thought HM Margrethe looked a lot like her dad, and her sisters took more after Queen Ingrid.
userdane > i also think Joachim had more of his mother when he was younger and Frederik had more of his father back then.

unfortunately, I'm afraid Queen Margrethe has inherited the poorer health genes from her father and grandfather (they died around 70) and especially Benedikte always looks strong and fresh, like she inherited the iron health genes from the Bernadottes, who usually turn 90, like Ingrid did.

i mean no offense to princess Benedikte, it's just that Queen Margrethe is absolutely irreplacable as the Queen, and it scares me to think that the Queen sometimes looks rather fragile and aged. i wonder what she will look like at her 75 years birthday :( . of course, her smoking didn't improve her chances, but I believe both Ingrid and Benedikte were always smokers too ??

I always thought Princess Benedikte looked much like Ingrid -- Theodora (Anne-Marie's younger daughter) like Margrethe?

Fred seems to have softer features like Mom, but coloring of Dad. Joachim looks like a Nordic version of Henrik.

Little Nikolai looks like Mom Alexandra?

Yes, Benedikte looks more like her mother out of all of the sisters- I agree Joachim looked much like his mother when they were children, and he has her face shape, but his dads dimples! Fred has his dads nose and probably face shape too but not the dimples.

Prince Christian looks just like his mother Princess Mary, you can see her in his face. He just has his fathers blue eyes.

Prince Nikolai looks likes his mother Princess Alexander, you can see the resemblance especially when they smile.

Queen Anne-Marie

What about Anne-Marie? Some angles she looks like Ingrid, others like a hybrid of mom and dad...anyone have an opinion?

Do any of her children resemble Margrethe's?

Theodora looks just like Benedikte's 2 daughters; Joachim is the image of his mom with his dad's dimples; Fred resembles his dad and Alexia; I think there is a strong resemblance between Joachim and Pavlos and although at a quick glance Christian may resemble his mum but when you look at pics of Fred at Christian's age you can see that he looks like his dad. Also, Anna-Marie's youngest son looks like Gustav.

Stellad

I think that prince Felix looks alot like prince Henrik as a child.

Daneborn said:
i always thought Frederik looks a lot like his Greek cousin Alexia. the cute face.

That's amazing..I didn't even realize it until you pointed it out. They could be brother and sister!

I also think Nikolai, especially as a baby, looked just like his uncle Frederik and mom. Nowadays he looks like a cross between Alexandra and Joachim.

Did anyone else notice the eeriee resemblences between Crown Princess Mary and Princess Marie? I know they aren't blood related, but they're sisters-in-law anyway...They not only look alike - similar coloring and facial features - but their names are the same (Mary is English, Marie is French) and their birthdays are a day apart (Mary is Feb. 5th, Marie is Feb. 6th) and now they're married to a pair of royal brothers! I find this odd, but neat at the same time. :)

Did anyone else notice the eeriee resemblences between Crown Princess Mary and Princess Marie? I know they aren't blood related, but they're sisters-in-law anyway...They not only look alike - similar coloring and facial features - but their names are the same (Mary is English, Marie is French) and their birthdays are a day apart (Mary is Feb. 5th, Marie is Feb. 6th) and now they're married to a pair of royal brothers! I find this odd, but neat at the same time. :)

I've noticed that too! When I saw the first picture of Marie, I was like "Mary's sister?" :) I think that it is cute that they look so much alike.

I've noticed that too! When I saw the first picture of Marie, I was like "Mary's sister?" :) I think that it is cute that they look so much alike.

They do look a lot alike. I guess the brothers go for the same type!

I can never make up my mind about which side Benedikte resembles more. Sometimes she looks like a very pretty version of her paternal cousins, but as she has gotten older, I think she looks more like her mother. Margrethe is also a mix.

Anne-Marie looks like a Bernadotte, as do Nickolaos, Theodora, and Philippos. (If you compare their childhood pictures, Philippos and Ingrid could be twins.) Pavlos is more of a mix -- you can see both parents in him.

Alexia reminds me of the Winterhalter painting of young Queen Victoria. (Here's a link: Assorted Artwork / Queen Victoria (Winterhalter, 1843).jpg. ) For her sake, I hope she doesn't end up looking like the old Victoria!

(BTW, has anyone noticed the resemblance between Queen Fredrika and Queen Elizabeth? In some pictures from the 50s, they could almost be sisters.)

There are a few royals who aren't related that look a lot alike to me. I always confuse Rania of Jordan and Letitia of Spain when I glance at pictures. Sometimes Sylvia of Sweden and Caroline of Monaco remind me of each other, too.

Thank you Kalnel; I have been wondering for years who exactly Alexia favored!

Benedikte looks like her mother but certain angles you definitely see her Paternal cousins.

I also, notice the similarity between the Denmark sister-in-laws. Thanks Leslie about the birthdays. I believe astrology decand have similarity and you answered that with their birthdays being so close together. A decand is a similar time in a week of each month. I guess these marriages will last!

Did anyone ever think Diana, Princess of Wales and the Countess of Wessex look alike. Again I did and the Princes are brother. Does anyone know if their birthdays are near each other?:);):)

I think Princess Alexia of Greece is the image of her paternal Grandmother Queen Frederika

Does anyone know if their birthdays are near each other?:);):)

They're almost six months apart:

Diana's birthday is July 1, 1961
Sophie's birthday is January 20, 1965

So Diana was a cancer, and Sophie is on the cusp of Capricorn/Aquarius. Make of that what you will! ;)

Has anyone noticed the (IMO) strong resemblance between Prince Pavlos & his granddad King Frederick?

Check out these photos:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v488/lotte52/DRFMHBA-M/GRF.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v488/lotte52/DRFMHBA-M/fredrik9denmark25.jpg

Same chin, same eyes, & long face.

I always thought Pavlos & Joachim looked more like brothers than Joachim & Fred.

I actually think Frederik looks more like his grandfather King Frederik looking at this pic and the one posted by Archduchess Zelia.

They are both slim and they both have long brown hair.

But Marie is about 10 cm shorter. She has a bigger nose and a longer and bigger jaw. She gets more easily tanned.

As QMII has said in an interview they are very different.:lol:

what i find puzzling is the big difference between frederik and joachim, who do not look alike a lot apart from their colouring...
while joachim's sons, especially nikolaj and little henrik, are quite similar to their uncle.
but for now, the most striking similarity is in my opinion the one between frederik and isabella, who is practically a mini-me female version of frederik.

what i find puzzling is the big difference between frederik and joachim, who do not look alike a lot apart from their colouring...
while joachim's sons, especially nikolaj and little henrik, are quite similar to their uncle.
but for now, the most striking similarity is in my opinion the one between frederik and isabella, who is practically a mini-me female version of frederik.

Actually CP Mary has noticed too that Isabella is a female version of CP Frederik:lol:

has she said that in a clip or in an interview? it would be fun to hear her words.
well from what we could see of the little princess. we'll have a frederik mini-me number 2... as for christian, his colouring is frederik's and his face is a mix between mary and frederik. elvis for the moment seems to look like his father more than christian does. when they discuss new children at home :)whistling:) mary should agree and try to see if she can manage a mini-me version of herself... :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

has she said that in a clip or in an interview? it would be fun to hear her words.
well from what we could see of the little princess. we'll have a frederik mini-me number 2... as for christian, his colouring is frederik's and his face is a mix between mary and frederik. elvis for the moment seems to look like his father more than christian does. when they discuss new children at home :)whistling:) mary should agree and try to see if she can manage a mini-me version of herself... :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I can't remember excatly. I think she has said it several times according to different magazines.

Here are pictures where the resemblance is showing.

Billed-Bladet - Prinsesse Isabella - fars pige... se hvor hun ligner!

And I have always thought Frederik and his cousin Alexia (Anne-Marie's daughter) looked very much alike, so Alexia is perhaps our best guide to how Isabella, as the female Fred, will look as an adult.

And I have always thought Frederik and his cousin Alexia (Anne-Marie's daughter) looked very much alike, so Alexia is perhaps our best guide to how Isabella, as the female Fred, will look as an adult.

I have never thought about that , but your are quite right IMO.:flowers:

Alexia could benefit from a jog now and again IMO, though:lol:

Back
Top Bottom