Danish State Visit to the Russian Federation: September 6-9, 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ricarda

Serene Highness
City
Vienna
Country
Austria
Kongehuset - Aktuelt - Nyheder

State Visit to the Russian Federation

Upon invitation by His Excellency Dmitry Medvedev, President of the Russian Federation and Mrs. Svetlana Medvedeva, Her Majesty The Queen and His Royal Highness the Prince Consort will pay a State Visit to the Russian Federation from 6th-9th September, 2011. His Royal Highness the Crown Prince will accompany the Royal Couple.

The State Visit includes a visit to Moscow from 6th-8th September and to Saint Petersburg from 8th-9th September. The State Visit is followed by a private visit until 12th September, 2011.

Ove Ullerup
Lord Chamberlain

Last edited:
Here's the official programme for the State Visit of Queen Margrethe, Prince Henrik and Crown Prince Frederik:

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

13:30 Arrival at the Moscow Airport

15:00 Official welcome ceremony - Reception at the Kreml, meeting with President Medvedev

16:15 The royal couple will visit the Pushkin Museum to mark the opening of the Danish Golden Age exhibition and Thorvaldsen exhibition

16:15 CP Frederik will visit the International Olympic Committee for the Olympic Games in Sochi 2014

19:30 State banquet at the Kreml with the royal couple and CP Frederik

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

8:50 Wreath Laying at the Unknown Soldier's tomb by the royal couple and CP Frederik

9:15 The royal couple will attend a meeting with the Chairman of the Duma

9:50 The Queen will meet the President of the Federation Council

11:00 The Queen will visit Grundfos to attend the inauguration of the production and distribution facilities

10:00 - 12:00 Prince Henrik and CP Frederik will attend a business seminar at the Hotel Ritz-Carlton, where a number of Danish companies will be present
Prince Henrik will attend various seminars including meat technology, infrastructure, food presentations and the production of grain and crops,
CP Frederik will attend seminars including energy, sustainable environment, oil and gas, Danish core competencies within the health and Danish lifestyle products

13:00 The royal couple and CP Frederik will attend a business lunch

14:30 The royal couple will visit the Moscow House of Photography with a photo exhibition on the Arctic

16:00 The royal couple and CP Frederik will meet with Prime Minister Putin at hs office

16:45 The royal couple will visit the children's ward at the Endocrinology Research Center

14:30 CP Frederik will visit the Skolkovo School of Management

17:15 CP Frederik will visit the energy house "Active House", built by Danish companies

19:00 CP Frederik will open the Danish Film Festival "3rd Danish Wave"

20:15 The royal couple and CP Frederik will attend a reception at the Pushkin Museum

Thursday, September 8, 2011

9:00 CP Frederik will business breakfast on "The Green Denmark", afterwards he'll fly to St. Petersburg

9:50 The Queen will visit the company Rockwool

10:00 Prince Henrik will open the new warehouse and distribution facility of Uhrenholt

13:30 The royal couple arrives at St. Petersburg airport

14:00 CP Frederik will visit the H + H Factory in Kirkino

14:10 The royal couple will lay a wreath at the monument to Leningrad liberators

15:30 The royal couple will attend the signing of a contract by the company Maersk Line at the Royal Yacht

15:45 CP Frederik will visit the Admiralteyskiye Yard, where there will be tours and an exhibition of shipbuilding

18:45 Prince Henrik and CP Frederik will attend a business seminar at the Baltika Brew restaurant

20:00 The royal couple and CP Frederik will attend a dinner at the Taleon Club hosted by the Governor

Friday, September 9, 2011

10:00 The Queen will open a literature seminar at the Scandinavian Institute of St. Petersburg State University

11:15 The Queen will visit a ostomy treatment center

10:00-12:00 Prince Henrik and CP Frederik will attend business seminars at the Park Inn Hotel
Prince Henrik will attend seminars including energy, sustainable environment, oil and gas, food presentations and lifestyle products
CP Frederik will attend various seminars including pig and cattle production and Danish core competencies within the health sector

13:00 The royal couple at CP Frederik will attend a business lunch at the Park Inn Hotel

14:15 CP Frederik will attend the signing of two contracts between Danish companies and their Russian partners at the Park Inn Hotel

14:30 Prince Henrik will visit the Naval Museum and open a marine seminar

15:00 The Queen will visit the brewery Baltika/Carlsberg

16:20 The royal couple will visit the Peter and Paul Cathedral, where there will be wreath laying by Empress Dagmar's grave

16:30 CP Frederik will attend a photo exhibition "Denmark in Transition"

20:00 The royal couple and CP Frederik will host a dinner in honour of the Russian hosts at the Ethnographic Museum

Saturday, September 10, 2011

10:00 The royal couple and CP Frederik will hold a final press conference at the Royal Yacht

source: Kongehuset: Program for statsbesøg i Rusland 2011

Here are the first pics of the official welcome ceremony at Vnukovo airport outside Moscow, on September 6, 2011.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** reuters/gettyimages/daylife gallery ** The daylife link will be updated during the day!

Pics of the reception at the Kreml with President Medvedev and of the visit to the Pushkin Museum can also be found here:

** NOVOSTI/belga gallery **

** sn.dk gallery ** BB gallery ** bt.dk gallery ** ppe gallery **

** BB: Flot modtagelse af de kongelige i Moskva ** translation **

An extra gallery of CP Frederik meeting the officials for the Olympic Games in Sochi 2014:

** ITARTASS/belga gallery **

Last edited:
Too much blue going on with the Queen. Nice to see a State Visit from Denmark but what a shame IMO that Mary could not go along as it would've been nice to see her as well. The program me looks packed to me but nice to see father and son have some events together.

I agree - definitely too much blue (it´s even the same shade like for the arrival), too little contrast. Never imaginable when Qu. Elizabeth II goes on a state visit.

Gosh, the Queen is a heavy duty recycler when it comes to clothes. I mean, this is the same outfit she wore to Prince William's wedding and the twins' baptism, all this year.

Gosh, the Queen is a heavy duty recycler when it comes to clothes. I mean, this is the same outfit she wore to Prince William's wedding and the twins' baptism, all this year.
It's not just that, Sonjapearl! Queen Margrethe wore the exact same hat that she wore last year when the Russian President paid a State Visit to Denmark! She only changed the outfit!

Does anyone remember Queen Margrethe's last state visit to Britain and on arrival she wore an extraordinary creaton in purple and greys in a pattern not unlike a Jackson Pollock painting? I wish she would recycle that outfit more often, cos it's one of my favourites!

:previous: I've always thought it atrocious, myself...lol. Exceptionally well made, but a train wreck to behold.

However, the feathered widebrim hat worn to Guild Hall was quite sensational. And worn with a lovely mink coat if I recall correctly.

Last edited:
Pics from Day 2 - September 7, 2011.

** daylife/reuters/gettyimages gallery ** The gallery will be updated during the day!

Queen Margrethe, Prince Henrik and CP Frederik at a wreath laying ceremony at the Tomb
of the Unknown soldier, outside the Kremlin wall, in Moscow, Russia, September 7, 2011.

** Pic ** Ap/daylife images **

Visit to the Grundfos Istra factory:

** NOVOSTI/ belga gallery **

CP Frederik at the Skolkovo School of Management:

** NOVOSTI/ belga gallery **

** sn.dk gallery - Day 2 **

HQ pics of Day 1 and 2 from svenksdam:

** Margrethe… **

Last edited:
:previous:

I see Margrethe's pink state visit suit has made the journey to Russia.

At the state banquett the Queen recycled the dress she wore at Princess Nathalie's wedding. No tiara:sad:.
Billed-Bladet - Video: Margrethe, Henrik og Frederik til banket

I wonder why no tiaras, I thought this would be a proper state banquet with a really amazing dress and jewelry as usual.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bqIvAFwaOxg&feature=player_embedded

Videos
http://www.vedomosti.ru/lifestyle/video/9_1009
http://nyhederne.tv2.dk/video/index/id/43452522/
http://www.newstube.ru/media/istrinskij-rajon-prinimal-korolevu-danii

Last edited:
:previous: In light of the country's history, it was perhaps felt that any such display of Danish 'glitter' would have been quite inappropriate for the occasion.

The Queen is afterall a visiting dignitary, and not the one being visited. It's largely a different ball game of sorts and on most state visits abroad, that aren't to another royal Head of State, the Queen of Denmark's use of jewellery is quite modest.

Last edited:
Queen Margrethe II of Denmark visits the plant of the Danish company Rockwool in Zheleznodorozhny outside Moscow, Russia, 08 September 2011.

Belga
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image

Queen Margrethe II of Denmark (2-L) and Prince Consort Henrik of Denmark (L) take part in a wreath laying ceremony at the Monument to Heroic defenders of Leningrad, in St Petersburg, Russia, 08 September 2011.

Belga picture gallery

http://foto.rg.ru has a nice picture gallery of the laying ceremony at the Monument to Heroic defenders

Last edited:
Have enjoyed all the pictures so far of HM and the Prince Consort doing a wonderful job. Very sad news about the hockey team which must have rocked the country. I was hoping for more photos from the banquet. I do like the blue gown with white lace top even tho she wore it recently to the Heering wedding.

Its well known that Fred isnt comfortable in media focus and a bad speaker but this is really bad; I cant believe that this issue cant be fixed by or for him.

Last edited by a moderator:
:previous:

Thanks a lot for posting, Duke of Marmalade! I must say it even sounded as if Frederik was the
translator for the Russian lady instead of the reverse.
Normally a speech is fluently recited and the translator needs some time to consider and to find
the right phrasing, here it's been exactly the other way round.

As a Russian speaker, it's been fun to follow the trip via video. The previous assessments of Fred's speaking are accurate. IMO, I think you either have the gift of speech making or you don't. I've never been impressed with his oration skills, Fred seems like he's got ADHD or something with all the fidgeting. But, he could have at least practiced reading the notes prior.

Frederik only had to say a few ordinary sentences and even those have to be read from some notes he keeps fiddling with in front of the microphone. Not everybody is a good speaker but this is a low for a royal speeking in front of the media (it wasnt even a speech).

People were wondering why Mary didnt go on this trip, I am asking myself, why did Frederik go? QM & Hendrik can handle such a trip very well on their own and a CP - in general but especially if he performs worse than a school boy when speaking in front of the media - only looks like the assistant of the parents dangling along.

Easy now, let's be careful not to stigmatize the man. It wasn't long ago dyslectics were considered slow.

Frederik is indeed a very poor speaker and this performance was toe-curlingly bad, bordering on beeing embarassing. But it doesn't mean he's not intelligent.
He needs help.

He can perform but it's my impression that when he stands there in front of the microphones the curtain goes down. This time the curtain came crashing down! It's a mental issue.
That can be helped, but it takes work, a lot of work. The rest of his live. Beginning with Frederik himself: "Hi, I'm Frederik, I'm a lousy speaker too".

Why doesn't he get help? I don't know. I so wish he would.
This is where we enter the realm of speculation. He's too proud? He's too stubborn? He wants to deal with the problem himself? He genuinely can't see the problem? Your guess is as good as mine.
However, in this day and age and being in Frederik's position, having so poor oratorical skills is a severe handicap and it ought to dealt with as such.
Get some serious help, Frederik!!

The irony of it all is that if he did go public and talked about his problem, acknowledged it and said he is getting help, he would get praise and support instead of critizism.

Easy now, let's be careful not to stigmatize the man. It wasn't long ago dyslectics were considered slow.

Frederik is indeed a very poor speaker and this performance was toe-curlingly bad, bordering on beeing embarassing. But it doesn't mean he's not intelligent.
He needs help.

He can perform but it's my impression that when he stands there in front of the microphones the curtain goes down. This time the curtain came crashing down! It's a mental issue.
That can be helped, but it takes work, a lot of work. The rest of his live. Beginning with Frederik himself: "Hi, I'm Frederik, I'm a lousy speaker too".

This is where we enter the realm of speculation. He's too proud? He's too stubborn? He wants to deal with the problem himself? He genuinely can't see the problem? Your guess is as good as mine.
However, in this day and age and being in Frederik's position, having so poor oratorical skills is a severe handicap and it ought to dealt with as such.

The irony of it all is that if he did go public and talked about his problem, acknowledged it and said he is getting help, he would get praise and support instead of critizism.

I agree with every single word you just said, Muhler.

People were wondering why Mary didnt go on this trip, I am asking myself, why did Frederik go? QM & Hendrik can handle such a trip very well on their own and a CP - in general but especially if he performs worse than a school boy when speaking in front of the media - only looks like the assistant of the parents dangling along.

I would say as a "trio" (instead of the royal couple only) they were able to carry out a much larger number
of engagements. Otherwise the visit would have been longer or less invitations could have been accepted.
If you recheck the agenda on page one of this thread, you'll see that CP Frederik attended several events
of his special task fields and interests.

And not to forget, he's the heir to the throne, it's a good practice and an honour for the state that is visited
if several numbers of a royal family join in.

The last day, September 10, has ended with the press conference:

** BB: Sidste kongeligt nyt fra Rusland: Pressemøde på Dannebrog ** translation **

Last edited:

He needs help.

Thanks Muhler for your wise words. The Crown Prince is a highly intelligent man and I am sure he is aware of the importance of good oratorical skill. What I want to know however is what was said at the final press conference on Dannebrog! Have you had a chance to hear this and could you summarize if you can? Having just visited St Petersburg myself I am anxious to know how the Queen will summarize her experiences!:russiaflag2::prettyplease:

I would love to know what her HM is going to do during her private time while visiting St Petersburg. Maybe a visit to St Isaacs Cathedral perhaps where the Dowager Empress was laid to rest in 2005.

Thanks Muhler for your wise words. The Crown Prince is a highly intelligent man and I am sure he is aware of the importance of good oratorical skill. What I want to know however is what was said at the final press conference on Dannebrog! Have you had a chance to hear this and could you summarize if you can? Having just visited St Petersburg myself I am anxious to know how the Queen will summarize her experiences!:russiaflag2::prettyplease:

It's still slow and a bit tiring for me to type a lot, so please bear with me.

I think we should wait for the BB articles Thursday.
From what little I have seen so far, QMII sounded as if she has a cold. The Regent Couple were last on an official visit to Russia/Soviet Union in 1975 and what strikes them the most is the tremendous change since then, not least in the mentallity of the Russians. They are much more open now, and not afraid to speak to foreigners. They express themselves freely know.
QMII also commented on 9/11.

Frederik returned home today.
QMII will fly home in a couple of days, while PH will sail to Helsingfors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom