Danish State Visit to Germany: November 10-13, 2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Last edited:
One more article from visit:

https://www.billedbladet.dk/kongelige/danmark/dronningens-bramfri-udmelding-om-sine-cigaretter

he question was Royal House could be more climate-friendly in the future.

She mentions about not throwing things away and talks about her cigarettes and how there is no filter now and it disappears the next time it rains (per Google translate). I seems there had been some mention of a robot that picks things up. She mentions it is not about picking things up but not throwing things away (Again, per Google translate).
Then she mentioned smoking without a filter.

That was QMII joking with the press.

She had been presented with a robot that picks up cigarette butts.
And in that context QMII was asked how the DRF could be more environmentally sound.
To that QMII pointed out that isn't so much a question of robots picking things, but not throwing around (to be picked up by someone else or something else). That includes cigarette butts, but she belongs to those who smoke cigarettes without filter, so come the next rain her cigarette butts are gone.

Guess I still don't understand what is meant with "so come the next rain her cigarette butts are gone". What does rain have to do with cigarette butts being gone? I am not being obtuse on purpose, just my interpretation of that particular phrase has me a bit perplexed as it brings up an optic of cigarette butts floating into the open water, which I assume no one wants to see.

Guess I still don't understand what is meant with "so come the next rain her cigarette butts are gone". What does rain have to do with cigarette butts being gone? I am not being obtuse on purpose, just my interpretation of that particular phrase has me a bit perplexed as it brings up an optic of cigarette butts floating into the open water, which I assume no one wants to see.

Perhaps it is next "reign" and not "rain".

Perhaps it is next "reign" and not "rain".

This what was said: Nu hører jeg til dem, der ryger uden filter, så det forsvinder næste gang det regner

It's because cigarettes themselves are biodegradable - the bit that isn't is the filter (They contain cellulose acetate, a type of plastic). Obviously better not to smoke at all but if you're 81 and have been a heavy smoker of unfiltered cigarettes since your late teens I don't think she'll change now :whistling:?

It is rain, as in drops of water falling from the clouds.

Because water dissolves paper.

- It wasn't a particular witty remark. More a retort.

QMII smokes cigarettes without filters. So what's left of the cigarette when she's finished it is tobacco and the cigarette paper – both of which are biodegradable and as such "gone with the rain". The filters are the big environmental hazards because they're nonbiodegradable but as QMII smokes unfiltered, the filters are not an issue she can work on.

Last edited:
:previous: Thanks, Did she have problems with the stairs?

An interesting local article (in German) about QMII's visit yesterday:
https://www.donaukurier.de/nachrich...vollem-Auftritt-in-Muenchen;art155371,4827509

It's a pretty positive article.
Saying among other things that the Bavarians like royalty.
If true. Is it because Bavaria had until fairly recently its own royal house?
Because Bavarians are (dare I say traditionally) more conservative?
Or because Bavaria has a rich and cultivated, historical tradition?

The article also mentions a demonstration at the Glyptotek. Not aimed at QMII (I trust) but due to someone being deported.

Bavarians traditionally adore their own Royal family, the Wittelsbachs, and love Royal guests. Plus the Federal State owns so many former princely, prince-bishop's and Royal residences that staying here is quite a lovely time even for very pampered Royals. It surely has something to do with the fact that the country is quite traditional, but in addition the Bavarian people are well-minded when they can receive foreign guests and you see that in every place the guests are accommodated (payed for) by the people. It helps of course that Bavaria is quite a rich country and the nobility, especially the Royal family was allowed to keep their estates and money after WWI, so the "High Society" always has had noble and Royal members.

As for the judicial system (and that's the other side of the coin) is very strict and enforces the laws and when there is a leverage for the bureaucracy, the decidions are most of the times harder than in more northern Federal states. So there is good reasons to protest against the way asylum seekers are forced to leave the country when the courts decided they have no reason to stay here. IMHO, of course.

It's because cigarettes themselves are biodegradable - the bit that isn't is the filter (They contain cellulose acetate, a type of plastic). Obviously better not to smoke at all but if you're 81 and have been a heavy smoker of unfiltered cigarettes since your late teens I don't think she'll change now :whistling:?

Good grief! She smokes unfiltered?

Daisy signed on long ago for the Winston Churchill plan of health, I see. :ermm:

Back
Top Bottom