Danish Royal Family, Current Events Part 6: June 2020 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Worn by his father Henrik, and now by his bro Joachim. And a propos, does have any photo from Daisy?

Yes, it is the Army gala uniform. Frederik usually wears the Navy one but this dinner was in honor of the Army and Frederik has done training in all three branches.

Video from tonight wear we get to see the Queen.
https://www.instagram.com/p/CxqtzZ8AmCX/

Some lovely photos from the dinner yesterday.
https://www.kongehuset.dk/foto-vide...erens-haederstegnsmiddag-paa-fredensborg-slot

Last edited by a moderator:
May I ask what the Crown Princess did in the Army for wearing all this decorations ?

Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary look magnificent. Nice seeing Frederik in the Army's gala uniform. Also love seeing Mary in her Armed Forces dress uniform! It does not happen often so it is nice to see. She is after all a Major ala Suite in the Home Guard after joining all the way back in 2008 and spending the last 15 years doing training, education and exercises.

May I ask what the Crown Princess did in the Army for wearing all this decorations ?

A surprising question for such an old hand here on TRF, but here we go.

Mary wear the sash and star to the Order of Elephant, as it is is the highest order in DK. In contrast to her husband she does not wear the Order of Dannebrog.
And as the Monarch is present M&F both wear all the commemoration medals QMII has bestowed upon then, not doing so would be an affront.

The other officers wear whatever orders QMII has bestowed upon them as well various grades of the Order of Dannebrog. - When you are colonel and above that order is pretty much guaranteed.
Apart from that they wear service medals, most will have been serving for 25+ years.
They will also wear medals for various postings, foreign NATO medals and so on.
As most of them will have been deployed several times abroad they will also wear the medals granted in connection with whatever deployment they have been at.
A few may also wear the in the Danish military now pretty rare medal for fallen and wounded. Most wounded officers are invalided out and as such don't rise so high. I doubt any of them wear one of the two medals for valor, they are pretty hard to get!
But the UN medal for UN peacekeeping is almost certain.
A few may wear a red cross medal for humanitarian work.

Skill badges are not worn with a gala uniform.

In the photos, Frederik being a major general is flanked by two other major generals.
Mary wearing the medium star of a major, the first step as a staff officer, is flanked by additional two major generals.
The most interesting person is sitting a little further to the left of Mary. A brigadier wearing a mess uniform (as such he is wearing jumpwings and a unit badge). It was apparently optional whether you wanted to wear gala or the mess uniform.

Last edited:
I thought the Elephant was the highest. (Good to know I am up on my Danish order knowledge.)

Last edited:
Frederik and Mary will be hosting the badge of honor dinner for the Armed Forces, the Air Force and the National Emergency Management Agency on Monday, Margrethe will attend as well.

Putting their own touch, it will be hosted at their home.

Frederik and Mary will be hosting the badge of honor dinner for the Armed Forces, the Air Force and the National Emergency Management Agency on Monday, Margrethe will attend as well.

Putting their own touch, it will be hosted at their home.
I'm wondering if we will see Mary in uniform? And interesting they moved the dinner to their own home. Puts a more personal stamp on the event imo. Maybe they wanted the first formal event they host as the royal couple to be at their home. Looking forward to hopefully getting some photos and maybe even a short video.

King Frederik and Queen Mary held the badge of honor dinner for the Armed Forces, the Air Force and the National Emergency Management Agency at Christian VII's Palace, Amalienborg, this evening. Queen Margrethe attended as well:

** BB article: Se ALLE billederne: Her er gæsterne til kongeparrets Hæderstegnsmiddag på Amalienborg **

** BB video: Se øjeblikket: Her ankommer dronning Margrethe til middag hos kongeparret **

** BB live link: Vi sender live fra Frederik VIII's Palæ på Amalienborg..**

No pictures yet of the dinner inside, but we do know where the dinner took place.
"Earlier today, however, the royal house's communications department could reveal that the new royal couple had made a different choice.
It is not the Riddersalen - but rather the Table Hall - that forms the setting for the evening's splendid event, where the Armed Forces, the Air Force and the National Emergency Management Agency are invited to a splendid celebratory dinner at the royal couple's house."

wonderful location.

Thankfully the Palace has provided some photos this morning! From inside and including King Frederik and Queen Mary! Lovely portrait of the two of them:

Thankfully the Palace has provided some photos this morning! From inside and including King Frederik and Queen Mary! Lovely portrait of the two of them:

Is that a new Uniform for the King? Don't think i have seen him wearing it previously.

Is that a new Uniform for the King? Don't think i have seen him wearing it previously.
I was thinking the same!

Was also nice to see Queen Margrethe present.

No, I have seen it before. I think it's the uniform of the Air Force. We usually see Frederik in the uniform of the Navy.

It's a dinner/banquet/tafel. Now, why would anyone think the obvious choice of place would be Riddersalen (The Knights' Hall) and not Tafelsaalen (The Banquet Hall). Sometimes BB's articles are too stupid.

Last edited:
No, I have seen it before. It's the uniform of the Air Force. We usually see Frederik in the uniform of the Navy.
Thanks. Have to say i prefer the Navy Uniform. Don't like the 2 edges or longer parts at the bottom of the Jacket.

I will always prefer the Navy uniform, but this one is pretty snazzy too. LOL

What a beautiful photo of Their Majesties (I have to get use to saying that). The decore is just beautiful!

I don't recall ever seeing Frederik in this uniform. However, it makes sense that he would switch it up as he is King over ALL forces- not just the navy.

Lovely to see Queen Margrethe present!

KFX's uniform, the walls, and flower decorations all match.

Their Majesties, King Frederik and Queen Mary, look fantastic! I don't recall seeing the King in this particular uniform before. Is this the Air Force dress uniform? Always love seeing Queen Mary in her military dress uniform. And Daisy looks lovely. The decor is beautiful as is the room the dinner is being held in. I like that they moved the dinner to their own home. Shows that while keeping tradition they are doing things their own way.

Yes, it's his Air Force dress uniform. He's more associated with the Navy, of course, but as Alisa pointed out, he's the head of all the Danish Armed Forces, not just the Navy. Maybe we'll see him in his Army dress uniform some time!

The uniform is just perfection on Frederik. Henrik use to wear it more often, with Frederik high affiliation with the Navy, but Frederik does have extensive training in the Air force as well. I believe Muhler has mentioned it before, about his wing badge (being free falling parachute I think, dont quote me).

DRF gallery with more information
more info on the room

Love that Mary uses the military dress uniform too. She did do some training, so great representation.

Didn't he also train to fly jet aircraft? I could have sworn I'd read that somewhere. Also, every uniform is perfection on Frederik. 😁

The uniform is just perfection on Frederik. Henrik use to wear it more often, with Frederik high affiliation with the Navy, but Frederik does have extensive training in the Air force as well. I believe Muhler has mentioned it before, about his wing badge (being free falling parachute I think, dont quote me).

DRF gallery with more information
more info on the room

Love that Mary uses the military dress uniform too. She did do some training, so great representation.
Yes, Frederik has his jump wings. There is a YouTube video somewhere showing him and Joachim during their training. I believe he also did flight training school. There are photos and videos of him doing that training as well. He has extensive training in every branch of the Danish military. This is not a uniform I've ever seen on him. But, he always looks great in any uniform he wears! And Mary looks wonderful in her military dress! Love that she wears it on such occasions. And it is not for some honorary position either. She earned it!

Last year he wore the Army uniform, this year the Air Force uniform. Will Frederik wear the Navy Uniform next year?

Back
Top Bottom