The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 12-23-2021, 05:47 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhler View Post
So the ends are meeting.

I guess they will end up in the attic at Amalienborg, marvel at the tree there and feast on bowl of porridge put up there as well - before taking another eleven months long nap.
Why is there a tree in the attic of Amalienborg?

I think HM should put them back in the drawer we saw she kept them in one year.

Old 12-23-2021, 06:22 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarlita View Post
The instagram photo of the guardsman on duty in the cold is such a stark lonely photo. But it warms my heart to know that the Queen will visit him and share a hot toddy with him as she does every year. I think that's right isn't it Muhler?
She will visit the guardsroom on the way back from service at Aarhus cathedral and wish those on duty a Merry Christmas along with Frederik.
A glass of port I believe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prinsara View Post
Why is there a tree in the attic of Amalienborg?

I think HM should put them back in the drawer we saw she kept them in one year.
A tradition I suppose. It was mentioned in one of the daily stories.

Old 12-24-2021, 03:32 AM
Administrator

The final: December 24:

** instagram post **

Quote:
The little nisse jumps at full speed around the roofs of Amalienborg to find the entrance to the gnomes' hiding place, and he hardly notices that a sleigh has prepared for landing (..) Believe it or not, I almost ended up as a piece of decoration on the Queen's Christmas tree. But luckily this is a Christmas adventure, and in good adventures everything ends well. Maybe I’ll tell the dramatic story another time, but now you need to sleep well. That is, until it is December again. MERRY CHRISTMAS!"
Old 12-24-2021, 06:46 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

What a wonderful build up to Christmas by the Danish royal court ...and yes until next year.
Old 12-24-2021, 07:08 AM
Heir Presumptive

Yes I look forward to the daily stories of the little nisse every year. It is such fun and so clever.
I think my inner child comes out around Christmas time.
Old 12-24-2021, 09:40 AM
Heir Presumptive

Thank you for posting these. I have really enjoyed them and look forward to next year!
Old 12-24-2021, 11:59 AM
Imperial Majesty

What a Christmas jouney!!!. Thank you all!! and especially to Muhler for all this interesting informations, pictures who shared with us!! and make this thread more interesting!

See you next year!!!!
Old 12-24-2021, 12:04 PM
Majesty

Royal Family of Denmark attend a Christmas Mass at Aarhus Cathedral.

https://www.billedbladet.dk/kongelig...legudstjeneste
Old 12-24-2021, 12:20 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blog Real View Post

Love finally seeing the CP family together again! They look wonderful and nice to see Mary looking well! They look wonderful!!
Old 12-24-2021, 12:46 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blog Real View Post

Wonderful to see them all at the annual Christmas Eve Service.
Old 12-24-2021, 02:12 PM
Majesty

Vincent en Josephine are still the same height. I wonder whether that will change one day (and if so, when).
Old 12-24-2021, 03:26 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somebody View Post
Vincent en Josephine are still the same height. I wonder whether that will change one day (and if so, when).
Well, girls normally grow to their adult heights before boys do, so Josephine will probably be taller than Vincent for a few months or so in their early teens before he has his growth spurt.
Old 12-24-2021, 05:49 PM
Majesty

Its wonderful to see the crown prince family with the Queen. Christian and Isabella look so grown up. Glad yo see Mary well.
Wishing everyone a Merry Christmas
Old 12-25-2021, 09:10 AM
Administrator

Queen Margrethe and the Crown Prince family attended the Christmas church service in Aarhus today, December 25:

** BB article with gallery: Se billederne: Kronprinsfamilien og dronningen i højt humør første juledag **

** BB article with gallery: Se billederne: Dronningen havde selskab af børnebørnene i kirke **
Old 12-25-2021, 09:18 AM
Majesty

It looks like they considered yesterday's service more important as they dressed up for that one much more than for the Christmas morning service.
Old 12-25-2021, 09:38 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
It looks like they considered yesterday's service more important as they dressed up for that one much more than for the Christmas morning service.
Most likely they didn't dress up specifically for the church service yesterday, but for the Christmas dinner.
Old 12-25-2021, 10:22 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Many people I know either go to a Christmas eve service/ mass in the evening or to a Christmas day service/ mass in the morning. It is interesting that the DRF attends both. Is that usual in Denmark?
Old 12-25-2021, 01:16 PM
Heir Apparent

Can't speak for how common it is to attend two days in a row, but QMII is very religious. She always goes both days – and the family usually joins for at least one of the days.

Old 12-25-2021, 06:14 PM
Majesty

Always a treat to see the CP family together with the Queen. They look wonderful

Tags
alexandra, alexandra manley, christmas, countess alexandra, countess of frederiksborg, crown prince frederik, crown princess mary, frederik, henrik, margrethe, margrethe ii, mary, mary donaldson, prince frederik, prince henrik, princess alexandra, queen margrethe